Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Should politicians be stoking fear of COVID vaccines?

I'm all for vaccine that is approved and been rigorously studied. A vaccine coming out at the end of October is not that. Not to mention Trump's clear business first appointments to several scientific departments of government and his clear dismissal of science when it comes to climate change makes me doubt any vaccine that is put out this year.

I'm confident the third-stage trials are long enough for the risk to be minimal with the Pfizer and Astra vaccines, and I'll be first in line to take either one if it makes it through the trials. Can't stand this Covid lifestyle.

If people don't want to take it, that's entirely their choice. Me? I'll be poolside at Reno drinking margaritas.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

The vaccine isn't made by Trump.. It's by multinational pharmaceutical companies. Lets not have more anti vaxxers than we already have. 

Lol ask me again why I don't like the hill? The flip side of of them just repeating anything is this dude and Krystal Ball elevating or downplaying things in order to make things appear to be down the middle. This is something they've "recently" been pulling. 

What Kamala Harris the cop said was she would listen to credible sources about the vaccine. She wasn't stoking fear, playing to "the MSNBC" crowd or whatever the hell that was suppose to mean. Like MSNBC won't fire or cancel liberal commentors with the quickness and didn't give us like two of Trump's cabinet members. 

That's fucking common sense to refer to credible people. I know some how Trump lying literally every time he speaks some how escapes right wingers for some reason but him constantly hinting at a vaccine before election day and shit is a high key radical promise as vaccines usually take years to develop and this would be like lightspeed. 

I also remember Trump proclamations about therapeutics before. 

i'm actually covering this topic at work. we toured one of the largest clinical trails in the US. THERE WILL NOT BE A VACCINE BY ELECTION DAY. 

operation warp speed says there won't be one until early 2021 (at the earliest)

DR. HOWARD SCHWARTZ/RESEARCH CENTERS OF AMERICA

• Thanks 1

any kind of vaccine usually needs to be observed for a few years for side effects. i have no idea how these people want to invent a magical cure in a few months

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, zak said:

any kind of vaccine usually needs to be observed for a few years for side effects. i have no idea how these people want to invent a magical cure in a few months

Ok doctor Kaz

9 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ok doctor Kaz

technically, he's not wrong:

"Even when researchers find a vaccine that works against the new coronavirus, it could be 12 to 18 months at best before it’s ready for the public. That’s only a fraction of the usual time."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-vaccine#1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

"Even when researchers find a vaccine that works against the new coronavirus, it could be 12 to 18 months at best before it’s ready for the public. That’s only a fraction of the usual time."

True. Though this is a worldwide effort with immense resources put behind it. 

Just now, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

True. Though this is a worldwide effort with immense resources put behind it. 

yeah, which is why it won't take 10-15 years. read the link. i have a bunch more that support the history of vaccines. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah, which is why it won't take 10-15 years. read the link. i have a bunch more that support the history of vaccines. 

Ah except it's nota totally new vaccine, it's based off of SARS and MERS vaccines which are similar viruses. So they have a head start. Basically, what's the bigger risk? COVID19 for another 6 months because of vaccine testing or the vaccine itself? 

Just now, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ah except it's not a totally new vaccine, it's based off of SARS and MERS vaccines which are similar viruses. So they have a head start. Basically, what's the bigger risk? COVID19 for another 6 months because of vaccine testing or the vaccine itself? 

Did you even watch the video you posted? Those morons are attacking the Senator candidate and VP Candidate for basically saying: If Trump says the vaccine is all good, I'm not gonna take his word for it.

THEN they admit that Trump lies about everything, but that they still shouldn't say it?

Just now, ChupacabraIII said:

Did you even watch the video you posted? Those morons are attacking the Senator candidate and VP Candidate for basically saying: If Trump says the vaccine is all good, I'm not gonna take his word for it.

THEN they admit that Trump lies about everything, but that they still shouldn't say it?

Who the fuck cares what Trump says. It won't be released unless it's safe. Companies and governments around the world are putting billions and billions of dollars into vaccines. Ignore Trump. If you want, just listen to Canada, we are getting the same vaccines at the same time, if they aren't safe they won't release it to us. 

Stop obsessing over Orange man, it will help you relax. 

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ok doctor Kaz

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

of course im not wrong, i dont know how the laws are in USA but usually every kind of medicament has to pass a few years so they can exclude side effects before they can greenlight a sale. 

I'm just saying, cooke lol. but in covids case its different because it so urgent, its interesting to see not many people talk about it. people could easily fuck themselves up with something worse than covid.