Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Are some of these fires intentional?

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/09/man-arrested-twice-in-12-hour-span-for-starting-fires-near-i-205.html

A man was arrested on Sunday for intentionally setting a brush fire near Interstate 205 in Portland then, just hours after he was released, he was taken into custody again for lighting six more fires, according to Portland police.

Around 4:35 p.m., officers were sent to help Portland Fire & Rescue with a small blaze burning in a section of grass along the freeway near the 9600 block of East Burnside, officials said. The fire was quickly put out and no one was injured.

But then the NYTimes says noooooooooo

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/us/antifa-wildfires.html

something strange is going on.  Im sick of not being able to breathe or see across the street. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

I don’t know if there’s much political reasoning behind setting the fires. I think any theories on that is tin foil hat shit. However, there have been several arrests here in Washington over arson. 

Just now, Ike said:

I don’t know if there’s much political reasoning behind setting the fires. I think any theories on that is tin foil hat shit. However, there have been several arrests here in Washington over arson. 

I seriously hope it's not political. The destruction far outweighs any political message. 

Just now, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I seriously hope it's not political. The destruction far outweighs any political message. 

It’s awful man. My chest feels heavy and my eyes and throat feel so irritated just walking from my car into work/home. The smoke is terrible. It’s also supposed to last through Friday and probably longer since the forecasters are having a challenge predicting its behavior. 

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

It’s awful man. My chest feels heavy and my eyes and throat feel so irritated just walking from my car into work/home. The smoke is terrible. It’s also supposed to last through Friday and probably longer since the forecasters are having a challenge predicting its behavior. 

Yeah the street lights haven't turned off in 3 days its been so dark. It just started pouring rain here, hopefully it clears the air. 

17 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/09/man-arrested-twice-in-12-hour-span-for-starting-fires-near-i-205.html

A man was arrested on Sunday for intentionally setting a brush fire near Interstate 205 in Portland then, just hours after he was released, he was taken into custody again for lighting six more fires, according to Portland police.

Around 4:35 p.m., officers were sent to help Portland Fire & Rescue with a small blaze burning in a section of grass along the freeway near the 9600 block of East Burnside, officials said. The fire was quickly put out and no one was injured.

But then the NYTimes says noooooooooo

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/us/antifa-wildfires.html

something strange is going on.  Im sick of not being able to breathe or see across the street. 

That's right.............that loony serial arsonist is not related to these FOREST fires.

Let me repeat that again..............FOREST fire.

Because if you read the article, all of his arrest, since he's homeless, have been within city limits of Portland.

All of the major fires in Oregon are at least 20 miles away from Portland city limits.

4KJkYgT.png

Notice how the article said that the fire occurred near I-205, and if you saw the photos, he clearly set a grass fire on the side of the highway, like his 5 other incidents. They were grass fires.

So, New York Times is correct, this has nothing to do with the forest fires.