Mario 3D All-Stars 8 at gamespot

I’m so fucking stupid for not pre ordering. It’s unavailable on amazon already. Main line Nintendo games never lose much value, and a game that can’t be bought both physical in digital after 6 months is going to sky rocket the value afterwards smh

11 minutes ago, Delita said:

I’m so fucking stupid for not pre ordering. It’s unavailable on amazon already. Main line Nintendo games never lose much value, and a game that can’t be bought both physical in digital after 6 months is going to sky rocket the value afterwards smh

Go to Wal-Mart on Friday. They are getting a bunch of copies and they'll only be $50. That's what I'm doing. :]

On 2020-09-16 at 10:53 AM, Delita said:

bestbuy still has it. i just got it. i'll flip it when it's out of print. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Can you play Galaxy with a Pro controller??

Yes, the Y button substitutes the waggle and you can still use the motion controls for the pointing and collecting star bits. Motion control stages though still require the titling though.

The biggest sticking point, however, is the camera system. Pioneering as it was in 1996, the camera--which is charmingly personified as a Lakitu reporter filming Mario live as he investigates Princess Peach's disappearance--is often an impediment, restrictive at the best of times and combative at the worst. You can only shift the camera angle around in increments, but even then it has a tendency to drift back behind Mario, making it difficult to frame jumps and other actions that require tightrope precision. This can get particularly frustrating in some of the game's later stages, where death-defying leaps become the norm and you'll need to rely on the camera to gauge your trajectory.

Beyond the more traditional control setup, you also have the option to play the game with a Pro Controller, and this is a fine alternative. Mario's spin attack can be executed with a press of the Y button, so you won't need to shake the controller constantly to attack enemies or activate Star Launchers the way you would with the Wii's motion controls, but you will still need to physically move it to aim the pointer around the screen and navigate the small handful of motion-controlled stages.

:tom:

didnt even update the camera controls

16 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

Beyond the more traditional control setup, you also have the option to play the game with a Pro Controller, and this is a fine alternative. Mario's spin attack can be executed with a press of the Y button, so you won't need to shake the controller constantly to attack enemies or activate Star Launchers the way you would with the Wii's motion controls, but you will still need to physically move it to aim the pointer around the screen and navigate the small handful of motion-controlled stages.

:tom:

The motion and pointer controls in Galaxy were actually very well implemented.