Demon's Souls Remake Comparison

7 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Soul vs. soulless 

Damn :D 

I think the Remake looks awesome, but like I said.. some of the animations don't seem very good.  The running animation looks weird, and it doesn't help that they're holding forward and turning the camera to turn the character instead of turning the character with the left stick lol.  The other slightly disappointing thing is how weightless the attack animations and hit reactions are.  Enemies hitting your shield should have more of a knock back animation.

I had issues with Bluepoint's animation in Shadow of the Colossus as well.. and unfortunately is seems to be an issue here as well.

Like I said though... with my expectations (or hopes anyway) they were never going to meet them.  I would have always found something to complain about, simply because it's not quite 1:1 with the original haha.

Gorgeous though.  I can't wait to see the Tower of Latria :glad: 

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think the Remake looks awesome, but like I said.. some of the animations don't seem very good.  The running animation looks weird, and it doesn't help that they're holding forward and turning the camera to turn the character instead of turning the character with the left stick lol.  The other slightly disappointing thing is how weightless the attack animations and hit reactions are.  Enemies hitting your shield should have more of a knock back animation.

I had issues with Bluepoint's animation in Shadow of the Colossus as well.. and unfortunately is seems to be an issue here as well.

Like I said though... with my expectations (or hopes anyway) they were never going to meet them.  I would have always found something to complain about, simply because it's not quite 1:1 with the original haha.

Blah blah blah whine whine whine.  

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

I could only stomach SOTC until the first colossus before I shelved it. 

It looked nice but was completely the same game, I think this will suffer from the same thing as it mainly looks like an identical port. 

And the animations did look off, I wonder how much the gameplay will change

And they show a bit of Tower of Latria in the trailer, too bright :sass2:

And soulless :sass1:

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

i see lots of people saying this, some even say the gameplay is different. I think everything looks fine. the running animation was always a bit clunky and wooden. but I dont see the weight issue at all. every enemy in the trailer is killed by one hit, normally you would have to hit them multiple times to kill them. It's just for demonstration purposes. Also I see a lot of "weight" and action interruption when fighting the "reposte" armor dudes and also vanguard. 

it'll be fine, just hope it comes to pc soon with bloodborne.

Just now, bhytre said:

It looked nice but was completely the same game, I think this will suffer from the same thing as it mainly looks like an identical port. 

Yea.  Well, Bluepoint is in the awkward position of having to appease Souls fans, and thus if they fuck with anything too much, it could be really bad for them.

And yea, we see a bit, but I want to see the prison area.

It seems like they have taken more artistic license with the environments in this game than any other remake that Bluepoint has done.

They've even removed items, like when the character was walking across the small wooden bridge and up the stairs, they actually removed a light source from a wall, and placed gigantic wooden barrels.

I think their work on SoTC has influenced these new textures.  You now see a bright white with a blueish hue for the outside lighting, and broken stones and foliage that look like its straight out of The Last Guardian.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

It was way better than the original lol

yeah, i still can't believe how much of an improvement it is. I replayed demon's souls in 2016, usually do a replay every 2-3 years so the graphics never bothered me but the comparison video was night and day. 

its only a matter of time before demon's and bloodborne come to PC and then its all over :kaz:  TOO STRONG :glad: 

18 minutes ago, zak said:

yeah, i still can't believe how much of an improvement it is. I replayed demon's souls in 2016, usually do a replay every 2-3 years so the graphics never bothered me but the comparison video was night and day. 

its only a matter of time before demon's and bloodborne come to PC and then its all over :kaz:  TOO STRONG :glad: 

Going from Demons Souls to Dark Souls even on console is a HUGE difference. They refined the engine so much for the newer game, night and day difference in textures and lighting.

On 2020-09-17 at 12:36 PM, Remij said:

Demons Souls OG has awful animation, this is far improved