I still can't believe Miles Morales, Horizon 2, and Sackboy are also going to release on PS4

Not even trying to console war shit.  Sony should be put through the ringer for this.  Their statements all before this were "These are PS5 games" "We believe in generations" "The reason people buy new consoles is for games you can't get anywhere else" type shit..

They've essentially been lying to people this entire time... and now Jim Ryan says he expects the PS4 to have about 3-4 more years

RBRHn7ll.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😢

Yeah.  It's all relative to the amount of work they are willing to put in.   Horizon 2 will look visually stunning on PS5.  It won't be a simple "PS4 to PS4 Pro" type resolution upgrade haha

Yeah true.  I mean looking back, even Persona 5 was released cross gen and that was superb graphically too. Just means we don't have an open world game that takes full advantage of a SSD yet I gu

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sackboy  and Spiderman sure. I will never believe Horizon 2 is coming to PS4.

I believe it.

One thing I noticed with the initial trailer was that the graphics and assets looked greatly improved, but the aesthetic design of the world still looked similar.

So, replace the PS5 foilage assets with the original Horizon 1 foilage.  Replace Aloy PS5 super-high detailed model with her original PS4 model. And decrease the draw distance.

I think as long as they will release an MLB The Show port to the PS4, then Jim Ryan can say that the PS4 is still getting support.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Horizon 2 on PS4 is retarded. They talked up how they couldn't add flying to HZD because of the PS4 not being able to stream assets fast enough, but now the 2021 sequel is still coming to PS4? :|

:kaz:

11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Horizon 2 on PS4 is retarded. They talked up how they couldn't add flying to HZD because of the PS4 not being able to stream assets fast enough, but now the 2021 sequel is still coming to PS4? :|

Well, like I said.. they can make a version of Horizon 2 which designs around issues and things like that.  briefly slowing your flying down at times so that assets can load, reducing the quality of the assets to reduce the bandwidth requirements.  They could even make little "flying animated loading screens" and stuff like that show a little cutscene mid flight as it loads and then let you continue on.

There's always lots of stuff they CAN do.. but the question is whether or not they wanted to put in the effort to make it work.  And it appears that with 100m Playstation 4's.. they're willing to do that.  I absolutely don't blame them.  I'm just calling them out because as MS was going on and getting a lot of flack about the whole cross gen thing... they were sitting back straight up lying to their fans as they hyped their machine.

Sony always lies about things like this but it always seems to go under the radar or the rabbid fanboys just let it slide and it all gets memory holed, Sony can do no wrong slurp slurp lord Sony etc. 

From a business standpoint it makes sense to milk the cows some more though 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Well, like I said.. they can make a version of Horizon 2 which designs around issues and things like that.  briefly slowing your flying down at times so that assets can load, reducing the quality of the assets to reduce the bandwidth requirements.  They could even make little "flying animated loading screens" and stuff like that show a little cutscene mid flight as it loads and then let you continue on.

There's always lots of stuff they CAN do.. but the question is whether or not they wanted to put in the effort to make it work.  And it appears that with 100m Playstation 4's.. they're willing to do that.  I absolutely don't blame them.  I'm just calling them out because as MS was going on and getting a lot of flack about the whole cross gen thing... they were sitting back straight up lying to their fans as they hyped their machine.

Yea.. Horizon 2 looks (gameplay flying wise and world design wise) beyond what this gen can handle without some serious changes to the PS4 version. 

I think the difference is PS5 will have both exclusives and a bunch of cross gen titles. 

Whereas Series X will be all cross gen to start and then get next gen only games down the line in a few years.