I still can't believe Miles Morales, Horizon 2, and Sackboy are also going to release on PS4

Miles Morales and Sackboy make sense but Horizon 2 doesn't at all. Disappointed that that game is cross gen. Expectations for it are definitely lower.

With that said I don't think that '3-4 year' statement is what you're expecting. They have said that (that they will continue supporting the previous gen for years to come) every single gen. The year 1 games are already split (DS and R&C exclusive, Horizon, etc not). The total mix of what is and isn't cross gen is totally strange. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😢

Yeah.  It's all relative to the amount of work they are willing to put in.   Horizon 2 will look visually stunning on PS5.  It won't be a simple "PS4 to PS4 Pro" type resolution upgrade haha

Yeah true.  I mean looking back, even Persona 5 was released cross gen and that was superb graphically too. Just means we don't have an open world game that takes full advantage of a SSD yet I gu

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Miles Morales and Sackboy make sense but Horizon 2 doesn't at all. Disappointed that that game is cross gen. Expectations for it are definitely lower.

With that said I don't think that '3-4 year' statement is what you're expecting. They have said that (that they will continue supporting the previous gen for years to come) every single gen. The year 1 games are already split (DS and R&C exclusive, Horizon, etc not). The total mix of what is and isn't cross gen is totally strange. 

Yea, they're meaning 3rd party support with that statement for the most part I know.  PS4 will be getting FIFA and Madden titles for a long time to come lol

But yea, all the messaging has been really fucked up recently from both Sony and MS.  Sucks that we're needing all this clarification on everything.

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, they're meaning 3rd party support with that statement for the most part I know.  PS4 will be getting FIFA and Madden titles for a long time to come lol

But yea, all the messaging has been really fucked up recently from both Sony and MS.  Sucks that we're needing all this clarification on everything.

Yeah, that's exactly what they mean but they defs aren't delivering that msg clearly. I know it's complicated cause you want ppl to jump to next gen and at the same time not undervalue a system many are still buying but they have done this every gen, don't know why the fumbling about this time. I mean last gen they released GT exclusively on the previous gen when PS4 was out lol

Tbh this whole new Sony leadership has been ass with communication. Thankfully the games are still top level and that is their focus but in comparison to the charismatic leaders of the past, they suck. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah, that's exactly what they mean but they defs aren't delivering that msg clearly. I know it's complicated cause you want ppl to jump to next gen and at the same time not undervalue a system many are still buying but they have done this every gen, don't know why the fumbling about this time. I mean last gen they released GT exclusively on the previous gen when PS4 was out lol

Tbh this whole new Sony leadership has been ass with communication. Thankfully the games are still top level and that is their focus but in comparison to the charismatic leaders of the past, they suck. 

Yea, real talk.  I don't think they have any charismatic leaders there anymore.  I've always loved Shu, but he's taking a smaller role this time around.

With the lack of live conferences now, it's very different feeling for sure.  They seem very robotic now in comparison.

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Forza horizon 2 and rise of the tomb raider had last gen releases and looked significantly better on the next gen hardware (rise is still one one of the best looking xbone games). I’m not worried. 

Just now, -GD- said:

Forza horizon 2 and rise of the tomb raider had last gen releases and looked significantly better on the next gen hardware (rise is still one one of the best looking xbone games). I’m not worried. 

Yeah.  It's all relative to the amount of work they are willing to put in.

Horizon 2 will look visually stunning on PS5.  It won't be a simple "PS4 to PS4 Pro" type resolution upgrade haha

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Yeah true. 

I mean looking back, even Persona 5 was released cross gen and that was superb graphically too. Just means we don't have an open world game that takes full advantage of a SSD yet I guess. 

I really hope God of War 2 isn't cross gen though. 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, real talk.  I don't think they have any charismatic leaders there anymore.  I've always loved Shu, but he's taking a smaller role this time around.

With the lack of live conferences now, it's very different feeling for sure.  They seem very robotic now in comparison.

Yeah Shu was the best. Sucks he isn't in the public eye anymore but I do like his new role.

I defs miss the conferences though. That's probably been the biggest change. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, sanity said:

PC too no doubt, just like basically everything else. Consoles are pathetic. 

:hest:

"Pwease buy my PS5, we swear listing Demon's Souls as also coming to PC was just an accident"

Took you long enough :ben: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Not even trying to console war shit.  Sony should be put through the ringer for this.  Their statements all before this were "These are PS5 games" "We believe in generations" "The reason people buy new consoles is for games you can't get anywhere else" type shit..

They've essentially been lying to people this entire time... and now Jim Ryan says he expects the PS4 to have about 3-4 more years

RBRHn7ll.png

Where have you been the past 10 years?

They did the same with PSP and PSP games.

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I'm convinced that Horizon 2 was almost completely done on PS4 at some point in late 2018, early 2019.

Let's say that Guerilla knew that it was going to be a PS5 title back in 2017, 2018. Then it should've been ready for launch.  But its not.

So if Guerilla already put in that much work in the PS4 version, why not finish it up with the older version of their engine that is optimised for PS4, and then branch out and make a PS5 version where they get to go crazy with character models and textures and environmental objects on screen.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I'm convinced that Horizon 2 was almost completely done on PS4 at some point in late 2018, early 2019.

Let's say that Guerilla knew that it was going to be a PS5 title back in 2017, 2018. Then it should've been ready for launch.  But its not.

So if Guerilla already put in that much work in the PS4 version, why not finish it up with the older version of their engine that is optimised for PS4, and then branch out and make a PS5 version where they get to go crazy with character models and textures and environmental objects on screen.

Not even 24h ago did anyone have any idea about Horizon 2 coming to PS4... and now Jehurey is convinced he knows Guerilla Game's entire development plan and that a theoretical PC version not confirmed is without a doubt the PS4 version :freeman:

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not even 24h ago did anyone have any idea about Horizon 2 coming to PS4... and now Jehurey is convinced he knows Guerilla Game's entire development plan and that a theoretical PC version not confirmed is without a doubt the PS4 version :freeman:

He's really mad because its now dawning on him that he isn't getting the PS5 version of Horizon 2.

........not to mention that Demon Souls got teased for his PC, and then taken away from him within an hour. LOL

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's really mad because its now dawning on him that he isn't getting the PS5 version of Horizon 2.

........not to mention that Demon Souls got teased for his PC, and then taken away from him within an hour. LOL

Look who seems butthurt :tom:

Dude is losing it because H2 isn't even a PS5 exclusive anymore... so now he's desperately running on damage control mode to make himself feel better.

Went from "no PC versions of Sony IP" to "bububut it will be the PS4 version :cry:" within 10mins

:cruise:

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

Look who seems butthurt :tom:

Dude is losing it because H2 isn't even a PS5 exclusive anymore... so now he's desperately running on damage control mode to make himself feel better.

Went from "no PC versions of Sony IP" to "bububut it will be the PS4 version :cry:

:cruise:

You seem butthurt, and you attempt at projectin' isn't going to help you.

I'm not butthurt that you're getting a lesser version of a game.

I would be butthurt if I thought my PC was getting the latest PS5 games...........but instead its dawning that it may only get the latest PS4 games. LOL

I'd sound like you sound right now.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You seem butthurt, and you attempt at projectin' isn't going to help you.

I'm not butthurt that you're getting a lesser version of a game.

I would be butthurt if I thought my PC was getting the latest PS5 games...........but instead its dawning that it may only get the latest PS4 games. LOL

I'd sound like you sound right now.

You're sounding confident... like you were with the original HZD...please keep talking :tom:

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're sounding confident... like you were with the original HZD...please keep talking :tom:

LOL he's going back to that one time he looked good 10 months ago.

Gee, how many times have you been wrong since on many other topics that I got correct. LOL