Consoles are a joke

I don't care if it's a PlayStation or an Xbox, bar Nintendo both Sony and Microsoft have bought the farm. Sony is still being mildly resistive but let's be honest here, anything and everything they make is going to wind up on PC. They made it clear with the start of PS4 ports as experiments over the last year, they made it clear when they invested $250 million dollars in Epic (EGS), they made it clear with those statements last month about continuing to push ahead on PC, they made it clear today with that disaster of a "PlayStation 5 show". With what we saw here today the trajectory is inevitable, hell they even lied about their "generations" rhetoric and basically all of these games are on PS4 as well. 

It wasn't until today I realized just how worthless these systems are. Microsoft did it, okay that's whatever, it's been years and they have heavy prior history in the PC space, but Sony going this route? That was the tipping point. Why even own a console? What a cataclysmic waste of money. 

:mindblown:

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I agree this cross gen route is bullshit. But w e still have Demons for launch and thats PS5 only.

Yeah, if you delusionally gloss over the fact that you can play the game on PlayStation 3, and as of a few months ago on PC. 

Does this one look prettier? Sure, still the same game though, and it's no doubt going to be on PC as well. 

I tried telling you this a long time ago man.

Consoles have lost their identity.  It was sealed when they stopped producing custom architectures for their systems and adopted x86.

Games cost too much to make these days to not release to all available markets.  This is why PC started losing their "Crysis" like games that push tech, and why consoles are going to lose their exclusive games too.

I started transitioning during the PS3 era cause I saw this shit coming.  I noticed I just enjoyed my PC much more.  Having one platform to focus on and it's always interesting because there's constantly new hardware components releasing for PC.

That's not to say consoles are worthless though.

LOL, is this dynocrap?

Nah, a console can grow a list of exclusive games that make it worthwhile.

Sony is not bringing any of its major IPs to PC anytime soon. 

And the more affiliation the console maker has with exclusive Japanese-developed games, the less chance it will go over to PC.

A western company like Microsoft, whose development teams mostly began life in the PC gaming area, was always going to be void of an actual identity in order to be an independent console platform.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL, is this dynocrap?

Nah, a console can grow a list of exclusive games that make it worthwhile.

Sony is not bringing any of its major IPs to PC anytime soon. 

And the more affiliation the console maker has with exclusive Japanese-developed games, the less chance it will go over to PC.

A western company like Microsoft, whose development teams mostly began life in the PC gaming area, was always going to be void of an actual identity in order to be an independent console platform.

It just brought Horizon.

And Sony literally just said they are bringing more to PC. 

lol

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

It just brought Horizon.

And Sony literally just said they are bringing more to PC. 

lol

No they didn't, they said they are still making games for PS4.

If anything, there's more concrete announcements for games existing on the PS4 past November 2020 than there are with the PC.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No they didn't, they said they are still making games for PS4.

If anything, there's more concrete announcements for games existing on the PS4 past November 2020 than there are with the PC.

???

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-30-sony-says-expect-more-of-its-first-party-playstation-games-on-pc#:~:text=While its marketing for PS5,on Steam in August 2020.

Edited by Remij
36 minutes ago, Remij said:

Of which you have no concrete information on which titles those are going to be.

They offered specific names for cross-developed titles appearing on the PS4 today, just in passing.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Of which you have no concrete information on which titles those are going to be.

They offered specific names for cross-developed titles appearing on the PS4 today, just in passing.

You said Sony wasn't bringing any of it's major IPs to PC any time soon.  They already have with Horizon... and they've already expressed the intention to bring more...

Do you want to bet if Sony releases another major PS franchise on PC before Horizon 2 releases on PS4? :wonder: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

You said Sony wasn't bringing any of it's major IPs to PC any time soon.  They already have with Horizon... and they've already expressed the intention to bring more...

Do you want to bet if Sony releases another major PS franchise on PC before Horizon 2 releases on PS4? :wonder: 

It would probably be the downported PS4 version of Horizon 2.

I absolutely do believe that would happen.

And it would be hilarious.

I have no doubt in my mind that Guerilla was able to make a version of Horizon 2 with lower quality everything running on the decima engine, was probably about 80% finished with that game around late 2018/early 2019 when Sony told them they had to move the project over to PS5.

And that's why it can exist cross-gen. Just throw a PC port of that not-very-optimized version that is probably reusing alot of assets from Horizon 1.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It would probably be the downported PS4 version of Horizon 2.

I absolutely do believe that would happen.

And it would be hilarious.

I have no doubt in my mind that Guerilla was able to make a version of Horizon 2 with lower quality everything running on the decima engine, was probably about 80% finished with that game around late 2018/early 2019 when Sony told them they had to move the project over to PS5.

And that's why it can exist cross-gen. Just throw a PC port of that not-very-optimized version that is probably reusing alot of assets from Horizon 1.

Jesus :hest:

Jesus :hest:

LOL, the Decima engine would've been modified and upgraded for the PS5.

That's not the version of the engine that got ported onto the PC.

Think about that for a second.

Horizon 1 was pretty much done at the end of 2016, they absolutely were developing Horizon 2 for the PS4 and probably had a majority of it completed before it got moved onto PS5.

So, yeah, you'll probably be getting the original lesser version, because that's the only one that can be moved over to the decima engine on PC.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, the Decima engine would've been modified and upgraded for the PS5.

That's not the version of the engine that got ported onto the PC.

Think about that for a second.

Horizon 1 was pretty much done at the end of 2016, they absolutely were developing Horizon 2 for the PS4 and probably had a majority of it completed before it got moved onto PS5.

So, yeah, you'll probably be getting the original lesser version, because that's the only one that can be moved over to the decima engine on PC.

You need to just think about how completely fucking ridiculous you sound right now.. lmao. :tom: 

"Nope... PC ain't getting any Sony IP anytime soon!"

-I bet you one releases on PC before Horizon 2 does on PS4

"Goes into a tangent on Horizon 2 coming to PC trying desperately to downplay Sony games coming to PC"

Then you go on talking about the Engine... which makes no fucking sense at all.  The Decima engine was built on PS4 AND PC together... because development happens on both..despite being exclusive to consoles.  There's a PC version of every engine out there.... And dude... lmao that goes for the "new and improved" Decima engine powering Horizon 2... :hest:  

Just stop... you're sounding like DynamiteCop at this point when he was arguing with me that Halo MCC would be streamed on PC through xCloud.... Oh, and like how you said Horizon ZD's PC version was the "PSNow version" :rofls: 

You need to just think about how completely fucking ridiculous you sound right now.. lmao. :tom: 

"Nope... PC ain't getting any Sony IP anytime soon!"

-I bet you one releases on PC before Horizon 2 does on PS4

"Goes into a tangent on Horizon 2 coming to PC trying desperately to downplay Sony games coming to PC"

Then you go on talking about the Engine... which makes no fucking sense at all.  The Decima engine was built on PS4 AND PC together... because development happens on both..despite being exclusive to consoles.  There's a PC version of every engine out there.... And dude... lmao that goes for the "new and improved" Decima engine powering Horizon 2... :hest:  

Just stop... you're sounding like DynamiteCop at this point when he was arguing with me that Halo MCC would be streamed on PC through xCloud.... Oh, and like how you said Horizon ZD's PC version was the "PSNow version" :rofls: 

LOL dude is melting down because I'm raining on his dreams.

No............the Decima engine is the PS4 version that was ported to PC.

And it runs like shit.

Guerilla would've updated it for PS5, and just think about it from a basic level. They're developing ray-tracing on RDNA2, they're not going to go out of their way to develop for nVidia's RTX solutions. There is no reason for them to have the PS5's version of the Decima engine.

That's why they ported the outgoing PS4 version. Quick and dirty.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL dude is melting down because I'm raining on his dreams.

No............the Decima engine is the PS4 version that was ported to PC.

And it runs like shit.

Guerilla would've updated it for PS5, and just think about it from a basic level. They're developing ray-tracing on RDNA2, they're not going to go out of their way to develop for nVidia's RTX solutions. There is no reason for them to have the PS5's version of the Decima engine.

That's why they ported the outgoing PS4 version. Quick and dirty.

lmao just like you did with HZD "not coming to PC" and "being the PSNow version" :tom: 

Dude.. you have NO idea what the fuck you're even talking about.  Jesus christ... and I love that I can so easily pick away at all you laughably pathetic attempts at trying to sound confident.

LOLOL "they're developing RT for RDNA2" god damn you have no fucking clue how any of this works :hest:  

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmao just like you did with HZD "not coming to PC" and "being the PSNow version" :tom: 

Dude.. you have NO idea what the fuck you're even talking about.  Jesus christ... and I love that I can so easily pick away at all you laughably pathetic attempts at trying to sound confident.

LOLOL "they're developing RT for RDNA2" god damn you have no fucking clue how any of this works :hest:  

I love how you really don't have an actual answer to the simple technical points that I made.

You actually get mad and try to boast about the one time you were right 10 months ago. LOL

Its hilarious how fanboyish you come off looking.

Dude..........the Decima engine would've been updated for PS5.

They're not porting that version of the engine to the PC.

The port of the engine that exist is from the PS4 (probably PS4pro) version, and the only new things that they did was widescreen support, increase the draw distance for foliage, and use the memory for high quality textures. And improved water rendering, which I believe did come in a patch a few months after the game had released.

You're not getting the PS5 version of the Decima engine ported to the PC. That means that if the PC gets Horizon 2, its not going to be the PS5 version.

So, enjoy that, I guess.

Just now, jehurey said:

I love how you really don't have an actual answer to the simple technical points that I made.

You actually get mad and try to boast about the one time you were right 10 months ago. LOL

Its hilarious how fanboyish you come off looking.

Dude..........the Decima engine would've been updated for PS5.

They're not porting that version of the engine to the PC.

The port of the engine that exist is from the PS4 (probably PS4pro) version, and the only new things that they did was widescreen support, increase the draw distance for foliage, and use the memory for high quality textures. And improved water rendering, which I believe did come in a patch a few months after the game had released.

You're not getting the PS5 version of the Decima engine ported to the PC. That means that if the PC gets Horizon 2, its not going to be the PS5 version.

So, enjoy that, I guess.

Lmao.. you dont seem to understand...  The Horizon 2 PS5 engine is ALREADY ON PC.... it was DEVELOPED ON PCs....

Decima wasn't ported to PC... decima has always been a PC engine.

You said GG was developing the RT for RDNA2... is there any indication that H2 uses RT?  Nope... and RDNA2 is a PC architecture you fuckwit..  APIs handle the abstraction between GPU architectures... HZD uses dx12 ffs... I love how you confidently try to sound like it being RDNA2 is a big issue LOL

When H2 comes to PC... it will be an improved version of the PS5 game..lmao.

You should probably stop running your mouth.. just like you did with the original HZD on PC :hest: