More talk from Dusk Golem about Resident Evil 8 chugging on PS5..causing development issues.. PC and Series X versions run fine

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

-RE8 comes out running perfectly fine on PS5

-'Didn't say it isn't going to release poorly, just that there were issues'. 

Bank on him saying that :biggrin:

The same guy that's been saying Silent Hill was going to be revealed every month since before the first PS5 show lol

Well, we can see it chugging in trailers lmao.  So there's a good chance it could be downgraded because of PS5.. to "run fine"

Just now, Remij said:

Well, we can see it chugging in trailers lmao.  So there's a good chance it could be downgraded because of PS5.. to "run fine"

It's a baseless claim that no one can ever refute and also one he can never prove. It releases fine and he just says 'oh yeah well they had to cut X and Y' lol what an amazing insider. Meanwhile so many things he said will happen, haven't.

Not to mention the amount of stories of games having performance issues or other hitches that get ironed out. Even major first party ones. TLOU was a mess up until a couple months prior to release. It's development. 

We've seen plenty of PS5 footage from a large range of first and 3rd party devs now that even if they were having issues it would be more of a Capcom problem than anything else anyway. No dev having issues showing games running on PS5 and sony having that as a requirement for everything shown in their events so far outside of FFXVI. Meanwhile still nothing on XSX or XSS. 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

downgraded from what? 

If the game comes out and looks and runs better than the reveal Trailer then what? 

It's a baseless claim that no one can ever refute and also one he can never prove. It releases fine and he just says 'oh yeah well they had to cut X and Y' lol what an amazing insider. Meanwhile so many things he said will happen, haven't.

Not to mention the amount of stories of games having performance issues or other hitches that get ironed out. Even major first party ones. TLOU was a mess up until a couple months prior to release. It's development. 

We've seen plenty of PS5 footage from a large range of first and 3rd party devs now that even if they were having issues it would be more of a Capcom problem than anything else anyway. No dev having issues showing games running on PS5 and sony having that as a requirement for everything shown in their events so far outside of FFXVI. Meanwhile still nothing on XSX or XSS. 

Like I said though... you can literally see the game having issues in many of the cuts in the trailers.

Yea yea, it's a game in development... but I don't think it's a baseless claim.  I mean, we know for a fact that Dusk knows people there..  I don't see him claiming Capcom is having an issue that they wouldn't really be having.. the guy isn't out there to hurt Capcom's credibility...

Just now, Remij said:

Like I said though... you can literally see the game having issues in many of the cuts in the trailers.

Yea yea, it's a game in development... but I don't think it's a baseless claim.  I mean, we know for a fact that Dusk knows people there..  I don't see him claiming Capcom is having an issue that they wouldn't really be having.. the guy isn't out there to hurt Capcom's credibility...

Yea but that's how development works though.  Games are buggy and messy at the start of the debug and optimization phase.   Some versions of the same game get debugged and optimized faster than others during multi-platform development. 

What really matters is the end result the final product. 

Just now, Remij said:

So when it releases and has none of the issues shown the game will have been 'upgraded'? Or is it just regular performance improvements and optimisation that happens through development, specifically the final months of dev. 

My point is that if a 'leaker' had to talk about development for every game you will hear it about ever game not performing as well as they want right up until release. It's normal. Even more so with new hardware. All that matters is how it is released and 'leaking', 'guys, X dev is having performance issues with X game', midway through development when we know it isn't going to release like that is just dumb. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Yea but that's how development works though.  Games are buggy and messy at the start of the debug and optimization phase.   Some versions of the same game get debugged and optimized faster than others during multi-platform development. 

What really matters is the end result the final product. 

Yes, but what reason does he have to state Capcom are having issues.. if they were just typical dev issues the team was facing?  He quite clearly states that they don't know what the problem is at this point.  Meaning devs are actively discussing the issues they are having specifically with the PS5 version.  We can actively see the game having issues in the trailers they're releasing which are running on PS5.

Of course the end result is what matters...  You don't have to believe him.. but that also doesn't make him wrong.  Stating that they are having issues is not the same as stating the game will be shit at launch..

But quite clearly to me the game is having issues during some scenes which I can see in the trailers.  Hopefully it's fixed by launch.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Then Capcom will have fixed the problem. :shrug: 

and that's how development works.  You can literally pick any game and find a point in the development where it ran terribly. 

What matters is the final product. 

example.... even though 1X was stronger than PS4... someway somehow RE2, RE3 and DMC 5 launched in a more optimized state on PS4 than 1X.....

So those 1X versions of those games were lagging behind the PS4 build during development.... was that an indication of the capabilities of the 1X?......of course not. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

So when it releases and has none of the issues shown the game will have been 'upgraded'? Or is it just regular performance improvements and optimisation that happens through development, specifically the final months of dev. 

My point is that if a 'leaker' had to talk about development for every game you will hear it about ever game not performing as well as they want right up until release. It's normal. Even more so with new hardware. All that matters is how it is released and 'leaking', 'guys, X dev is having performance issues with X game', midway through development when we know it isn't going to release like that is just dumb. 

Do you really think he has any real reason to say Capcom is having issues with PS5 development if he didn't actually hear that was the case?  Has he EVER talked shit specifically about Sony in the past or something?

This is quite clearly out of the typical "game development issues"  scope if it's being brought up like this.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes, but what reason does he have to state Capcom are having issues.. if they were just typical dev issues the team was facing?  He quite clearly states that they don't know what the problem is at this point.  Meaning devs are actively discussing the issues they are having specifically with the PS5 version.  We can actively see the game having issues in the trailers they're releasing which are running on PS5.

Of course the end result is what matters...  You don't have to believe him.. but that also doesn't make him wrong.  Stating that they are having issues is not the same as stating the game will be shit at launch..

But quite clearly to me the game is having issues during some scenes which I can see in the trailers.  Hopefully it's fixed by launch.

Who says I don't believe him?   I do... because that's how game development works.   Games have issues during development... tell me something I don't know.     

I am saying he is not tech savvy (which he admits) and he knows nothing about game development (which he again admits).... He is making more of this than it actually is. 

Again... what matters is the end product.  If the game launches and chugs on PS5... then we have an issue.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

and that's how development works.  You can literally pick any game and find a point in the development where it ran terribly. 

What matters is the final product. 

example.... even though 1X was stronger than PS4... someway some RE2, RE3 and DMC 5 launched in a more optimized state on PS4 than 1X.....

So those 1X version of those games were lagging behind the PS4 build during development.... was that an indication of the capabilities of the 1X?......of course not. 

You don't have to take what he says as fact dude...  The game can release and be fine... and yet what he said can still be true.

Judging from the trailers though... and how badly it performs in certain scenes.. I definitely think there's truth to what he's saying.  It's a game in development... and he claims it's having issues on PS5 that it's not having elsewhere.

That's all.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Who says I don't believe him?   I do... because that's how game development works.   Games have issues during development... tell me something I don't know.     

I am saying he is not tech savvy (which he admits) and he knows nothing about game development (which he again admits).... He is making more of this than it actually is. 

Again... what matters is the end product.  If the game launches and chugs on PS5... then we have an issue.

This isn't typical "games have issues during development" this is a "PS5 has issues and we don't understand why" thing...

There's a big difference there.

Edited by Remij
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Do you really think he has any real reason to say Capcom is having issues with PS5 development if he didn't actually hear that was the case?  Has he EVER talked shit specifically about Sony in the past or something?

This is quite clearly out of the typical "game development issues"  scope if it's being brought up like this.

I think he has closest sources with Capcom so he hears Capcom development woes. Woes that would be very common at pretty much every dev team through the development cycle of a game, especially at the stage RE8 seems to be at. Core game sounds pretty much down and they are now up to decking it out as much as possible while optimising. 

If anything it just looks bad on Capcom given how much footage we have seen from across so many devs of games (and many full on gameplay segments) running on PS5. FFXVI is literally the only game shown in any Sony show that wasn't running on PS5 and no game showed any problems. We don't have some PS3 hardware issue here. 

I think he has closest sources with Capcom so he hears Capcom development woes. Woes that would be very common at pretty much every dev team through the development cycle of a game, especially at the stage RE8 seems to be at. Core game sounds pretty much down and they are now up to decking it out as much as possible while optimising. 

If anything it just looks bad on Capcom given how much footage we have seen from across so many devs of games (and many full on gameplay segments) running on PS5. FFXVI is literally the only game shown in any Sony show that wasn't running on PS5 and no game showed any problems. We don't have some PS3 hardware issue here. 

That's exactly the thing.. he has no reason to want to make Capcom look bad..

He's just commenting that he's heard the game is having dev issues specifically on PS5... beyond that.. whatever will happen will happen.  I don't think they're "typical" dev issues... they wouldn't even bring those up to him... they're quite clearly having struggles with PS5 specifically.