RE8 still cross-gen. I guess PS5 wasn't powerful enough

4 hours ago, Remij said:

Yes it does make sense.  And oh god, here we go again with the "you wish PS5 not being powerful enough"

DUDE... I can SEE THE FUCKING FRAMERATE TANKING in BOTH trailers they've posted.  Yes... the game is IN development.. but the simple fact of the matter is that Dusk isn't going to just lie and say PS5 is having issues when it wasn't.  We can CLEARLY see it having issues.. and he says the other platforms don't have those issues.  Which means that for whatever reason.. the PS5 wasn't able to perform to the level that they wanted when they chose to target next gen consoles only.  It could be issues with the dev kits.. or particulars of the PS5 is causing issues for their engine with what they were trying to do with RE8.  There's MANY reasons why that could be the case.

Capcom ANNOUNCED the game as NEXT GEN ONLY... for fuck sakes..  Dusk said they had intentions to make it next gen only because of the gameplay features they wanted to add.

It's hilarious how NOW that they're going back on it, and thinking about releasing it as cross gen again, all you guys are stepping up on your high horses like "duh, of course it's a cross gen game... There's 120m PS4's out there.." yadayada when you've been peddling the Sony next gen only train and "believing in generations"... now that Sony's releasing half their announced "next gen games" as cross gen, you guys are like duh well of course...

Give me a fucking break.  And you talk about me peddling scalability... well YES... you see how it works now?  The lesser systems still get the game... but it's.....lesser.  The problem HERE though is that Dusk specifically called out PS5 and their problems with it, as the reason why the game is having development issues, and quite likely the reason why they've decided to scale it back and make it cross gen.  It's just SO unbelievable.. isn't it?  Only because it's Sony though, right?  When it was MS you guys were going on and on about them holding shit back.

About DF... what the fuck are developers going to tell him?  You think they're going to say any of them are having issues with Sony's console? :drake: 

Bring up games running on PS5 and not on Series X as much as you want.. I don't give a shit about that.  The fact is that I've seen with my own two eyes, RE8 running on PS5, and chugging at some pretty basic scenes.  It's RIGHT there..

So yea, I'm going to believe what makes sense and is logical to me.  That the game is clearly having issues during development on PS5.  It was meant to be next gen only, but since they can't realize their ambitions currently, they're going to go back to their original plan, which was to launch as a cross gen game.

I mean... lmao Dusk has been right about everything regarding RE... and nobody said shit before... but right when he says PS5 is the system causing issues... "oh that fucking guy?" "lying sack of shit" "why do we even allow him on this forum" ect. ect... :tom: 

You keep referencing both trailers as evidence (even though that tweet of next gen features would have zero impact on framerate in a trailer lol excessive loading screens on last gen systems does not translate to framerate dips in trailers) yet we have already been shown a trailer on PC in a Sony show, and that was for a PS5 console exclusive not a multiplat. If the PC version  was so infinitely better why wouldn't they show it running on PC? Sony obviously have zero issues letting square not only show PC footage but fully announced it prior to showing it (something that didn't use to happen and didn't even happen in the Xbox showcase where everything was on PC lmao)

Yeah, Capcom announced the PS5 (and next gen versions) right after the reveal/showcase....the exact way that Sony only announced PS5 versions for Miles and Horizon that week lol That doesn't mean there isn't PS4 versions also. It was a next gen reveal, that's what you announce and talk about. Do you know nothing about marketing? In fact the PS4 version even leaked via a retailer the week of the reveal  :hest:

https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-8-ps4-leak-retailer-re8-capcom/#:~:text=German retailer GamesOnly listed Resident,of the still-unconfirmed title.&text=The listing for Resident Evil,reminiscent of Resident Evil 4.

Or does this retailer leak also not matter now. Only an anonymous twitter account matters. 

Also didn't a VR version also leak? lol. Do you think they were planning this only for people with PSVR AND a PS5 lmao, lets cut our tiny console VR market even more.

And stop attributing things others say to what I say. Nearly all these made up things ppl are saying are not me. I instantly said how much it sucks that Horizon 2 is cross gen and how disappointing it is. My expectations for that game are a fraction what they previously were. 

Plus i've never spoken about dusk outside your threads about this issue so stop going on about how I was all about dusk until he spoke out about PS5 so don't come up with 'but when he says PS5 is having issues..', 'lying sack of shit' or 'should we allow him on this forum' crap to me, say it to whoever said it to you. 

Now also dismissing DF :mj: Why wouldn't they say they are having issues to him? He literally said devs were telling him they had issues with XSX in the exact same convo, these would be the same devs. But oh they won't say that about PS5, only the mighty dusk has the guts lol What is DF now Sony fanboys ? The guy that isn't anonymous, with actual reputation at stake and his livelihood in the business of knowing about the tech of these consoles, talking publically during a PAX panel streamed on twitch... :biggrin: Yeah, completely dismiss what he says but anonymous twitter account I'll take with me to the grave :rawf:

Anyways I have no intention to keep going back and forth, believe what you want. In the end everything you base your stuff on is LITERALLY 'but but twitter account said'. You've dismissed business logic, historical precedence of multiple generations, Digital Foundry, leaked retailer listings and so on because of this twitter account and that ain't going to change. You asked me why, and I've now given you multiple reasons why I'll believe what I believe.

• dead 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

multiplats will be cross gen for at least a year and a half to not miss out on the large userbases just like this gen.   2014 cross gen games: advanced warfare, destiny, dragon age,  far cry

It makes perfect sense to the people it needs to make sense to.   Dusk Golem stated that RE8 was moved to next gen only because Capcom wanted to do more with the game.  It was in development

Many games are cross gen the first year or two. Dumb thread. 

19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You keep referencing both trailers as evidence (even though that tweet of next gen features would have zero impact on framerate in a trailer lol excessive loading screens on last gen systems does not translate to framerate dips in trailers) yet we have already been shown a trailer on PC in a Sony show, and that was for a PS5 console exclusive not a multiplat. If the PC version  was so infinitely better why wouldn't they show it running on PC? Sony obviously have zero issues letting square not only show PC footage but fully announced it prior to showing it (something that didn't use to happen and didn't even happen in the Xbox showcase where everything was on PC lmao)

Yeah, Capcom announced the PS5 (and next gen versions) right after the reveal/showcase....the exact way that Sony only announced PS5 versions for Miles and Horizon that week lol That doesn't mean there isn't PS4 versions also. It was a next gen reveal, that's what you announce and talk about. Do you know nothing about marketing? In fact the PS4 version even leaked via a retailer the week of the reveal  :hest:

https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-8-ps4-leak-retailer-re8-capcom/#:~:text=German retailer GamesOnly listed Resident,of the still-unconfirmed title.&text=The listing for Resident Evil,reminiscent of Resident Evil 4.

Or does this retailer leak also not matter now. Only an anonymous twitter account matters. 

Also didn't a VR version also leak? lol. Do you think they were planning this only for people with PSVR AND a PS5 lmao, lets cut our tiny console VR market even more.

And stop attributing things others say to what I say. Nearly all these made up things ppl are saying are not me. I instantly said how much it sucks that Horizon 2 is cross gen and how disappointing it is. My expectations for that game are a fraction what they previously were. 

Plus i've never spoken about dusk outside your threads about this issue so stop going on about how I was all about dusk until he spoke out about PS5 so don't come up with 'but when he says PS5 is having issues..', 'lying sack of shit' or 'should we allow him on this forum' crap to me, say it to whoever said it to you. 

Now also dismissing DF :mj: Why wouldn't they say they are having issues to him? He literally said devs were telling him they had issues with XSX in the exact same convo, these would be the same devs. But oh they won't say that about PS5, only the mighty dusk has the guts lol What is DF now Sony fanboys ? The guy that isn't anonymous, with actual reputation at stake and his livelihood in the business of knowing about the tech of these consoles, talking publically during a PAX panel streamed on twitch... :biggrin: Yeah, completely dismiss what he says but anonymous twitter account I'll take with me to the grave :rawf:

Anyways I have no intention to keep going back and forth, believe what you want. In the end everything you base your stuff on is LITERALLY 'but but twitter account said'. You've dismissed business logic, historical precedence of multiple generations, Digital Foundry, leaked retailer listings and so on because of this twitter account and that ain't going to change. You asked me why, and I've now given you multiple reasons why I'll believe what I believe.

:mj: yeah..

You know what's funny.... Dusk is SOOO WRONG... yet he's the ONLY SOURCE saying there's are last gen versions of this game to begin with...  There has been NO indication from Capcom up to this point about last gen versions... yet you're talking like... 'yeah duh of course there are last gen versions.'

Lmao and you're actually attempting the same with Horizon and other 'PS5' games... like as if Sony didn't completely throw you under the bus :cruise:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Lemmings always dismiss DF when it doesn't fit their narrative :mj:

Did DF say there isnt a problem with RE8 or something?  You're making up bullshit.

DF said that devs he has talked to say the PS5 is easy to develop with... that doesn't mean there can't be issues.. It doesn't mean it's easy for all devs.. doesn't mean that it works well with all engines in its current state...

But no.... you believe Dusk about everything.... except that Capcom is having issues with the PS5 for RE8.. :tom:

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Did DF say there isnt a problem with RE8 or something?  You're making up bullshit.

DF said that devs he has talked to say the PS5 is easy to develop with... that doesn't mean there can't be issues.. It doesn't mean it's easy for all devs.. doesn't mean that it works well with all engines in its current state...

But no.... you believe Dusk about everything.... except that Capcom is having issues with the PS5 for RE8.. :tom:

Is the prerequisite for being a lemming being purposely obtuse?  Is it also being disingenuous?   We already had this conversation about picking any stage in development for any game and you can find a stage where that game had issues.  

I already told your dumbass what dusk said is true as far as a game having issues during development (happens all the time) BUT he is making a bigger deal about it than it actually is BECAUSE of his lack of technical knowledge (which he admitted to)...... and the negative slant he gave it was because he wanted counter act the negative series X narrative (something again he admitted to).

Now this brings us to this brain dead thread of yours where you're saying the game is cross gen because the PS5 couldn't run it.....A game that was designed for years to run nm base X1.... A game that will also be running on Series S. 

Fucking DUMB ass lemmings :drake:

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

insiders only matter until they are negative about ps

logic sheeple rule #2329209. You're doing well. I could've sworn you were gonna see the light at "Xbox gamepass is a success and M$ is brilliant," but you ate that brainwash up like mai auntie eat up a G string. Ol' wobbly ass; prelly been in dher since thanksgiving.  

• Sad 1