A big publisher is coming to Gamepass

Just now, Remij said:

No.  You said Phil Spencer was done... and that Satya was going to fire him.

MS is opening the war chest for XBOX... after you said they were dead.

No............these games are still coming to playstation.

They are a third party publisher.

That's what they paid $7.5 Billion for.

Not to save Xbox, but to become a third party publisher and run a third-party publisher game rental service.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like SEGA could be a possibility.     David Jaffe thinks PS is in real trouble     LOL I remember when the sheepshits and cows were going on and on about how X

As long as Sony has actual exclusives and system sellers they have nothing to worry about.

I said exactly what I meant.  When they cancelled Scalebound you guys were going on about Xbox not having money.. and that MS wouldn't put up with Xbox costing them money for much longer.  

Just now, Remij said:

You have a fucked up definition of what "Xbox" is :drake: 

No, its a name brand.

They are a third party publisher and cannot win a hardware war with Sony.

So they will be selling games on other platforms than their own to make that $7.5 Billion dollars back.

That's called being a third-party publisher.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

just loaded up the Ori demo on Switch.... " published MS game Studios" .... seems like 3rd party publishing to me :tom5:

Naw, but you see.............this OTHER publisher that Microsoft purchased, that was a full-on third-party publisher, whose market evaluation of $7.5 Billion dollars is based on the premise that they sell games across all platforms.......you see, Microsoft is going to pay (possibly overpay) for them............to not make games for all platforms.

It makes total sense.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its a name brand.

They are a third party publisher and cannot win a hardware war with Sony.

So they will be selling games on other platforms than their own to make that $7.5 Billion dollars back.

That's called being a third-party publisher.

Xbox is Microsoft's gaming division.

You said Phil would be fired and Xbox was dead.... seems like Phil resurrected it.  Papa Phil :mjgrin: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Xbox is Microsoft's gaming division.

You said Phil would be fired and Xbox was dead.... seems like Phil resurrected it.  Papa Phil :mjgrin: 

I like how he runs away from the subject in which he can't really explain the logic............and then runs to talking about Phil Spencer.

Phil Spencer has failed as head of Xbox, the hardware, he's now trying to save the company by turning it into a third party publisher.

Are you saying that I DON'T enjoy the fact that Phil Spencer has killed the old xbox and is now going to be working to put games on Sony and Nintendo platforms?

LOL

I always thought Phil seemed like a good dude and he did some great stuff for xbox but I never thought he would grow a set as big as he did and KILL sony fans like this. 

And Nadella said there will be MORE killshots in the future . Fuck all your 3rd party deals Sony . MS is the BIG BAD WOLF blowing your shitty house down 😎

Just now, jehurey said:

I like how he runs away from the subject in which he can't really explain the logic............and then runs to talking about Phil Spencer.

Phil Spencer has failed as head of Xbox, the hardware, he's now trying to save the company by turning it into a third party publisher.

Are you saying that I DON'T enjoy the fact that Phil Spencer has killed the old xbox and is now going to be working to put games on Sony and Nintendo platforms?

LOL

Nope.  Phil Spencer saved the Xbox brand at MS.  Whatever Phil does with it... it's to make it successful.  And MS is opening the war chest to make that happen... something which you said MS wasn't going to do because Phil was costing them too much money and Xbox was dead weight.

And yes.. I know you enjoy Xbox games. :mj: 

• Upvote 1

the Xbox brand

Even Lemij knows that Xbox hardware is dead, and they are turning third-party publisher.

Ubisoft and Activision are also "brands"...........they're not platforms.

Thanks for the admission.

Nope.  Phil Spencer saved the Xbox brand at MS.  Whatever Phil does with it... it's to make it successful.  And MS is opening the war chest to make that happen... something which you said MS wasn't going to do because Phil was costing them too much money and Xbox was dead weight.

And yes.. I know you enjoy Xbox games. :mj: 

Saved Xbox? Woah Woah slow down lemming. 

Xbox brand right now is not as strong as it was coming into the Gen post 360.....

They have made some moves to right the ship..... but we still have to wait and see how it plays out. 

Xbox is currently dead last in hardware, software and critical acclaim.  

That can possibly change next gen. 

. but as of now that's not the case :shrug:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Even Lemij knows that Xbox hardware is dead, and they are turning third-party publisher.

Ubisoft and Activision are also "brands"...........they're not platforms.

Thanks for the admission.

Xbox is a brand. Xbox is a platform. Xbox is an ecosystem.

And I'm pretty sure I told you before that all consoles are dead.  That hardware is going the way of the dodo.. and MS... which Phil Spencer's leadership, is leading that focus... and Sony will eventually follow suit.

Yay... Sony held out the longest on hardware that loses them money? congrats? :drake: 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Saved Xbox? Woah Woah slow down lemming. 

Xbox brand right now is not as strong as it was coming into the Gen post 360.....

They have made some moves to right the ship..... but we still have to wait and see how it plays out. 

Xbox is currently dead last in hardware, software and critical acclaim.  

That can possibly change next gen. 

. but as of now that's not the case :shrug:

That's true.  Of course, but I believe MS is positioning themselves to be set up favorably for the future that's coming in gaming.  It's not about a single box anymore.  MS knows that.. and so does Sony.

Just now, Remij said:

Xbox is a brand. Xbox is a platform. Xbox is an ecosystem.

And its now abandoned all that to become a third party publisher.

And even you know it.

LOL "ecosystem"............yeah you definitely know it.

I guarantee your main talking point in the year 2023 will be:

"YOU JUST GAVE MICROSOFT $70 FOR THAT COPY OF ELDER SCROLLS 6.........OWNED!!!!!!!!!":idid:

Absolutely guarantee it. All while pretending that the shit you were talking during September 2020 never happened.

Just now, jehurey said:

And its now abandoned all that to become a third party publisher.

And even you know it.

LOL "ecosystem"............yeah you definitely know it.

I guarantee your main talking point in the year 2023 will be:

Absolutely guarantee it. All while pretending that the shit you were talking during September 2020 never happened.

Idgaf what Xbox does on the console side.  I've already told you before what I think they should do.

Xbox hasn't abandoned anything LMFAO...  You guys said Scorpio might be their last console... but here they are with TWO next gen consoles...

Xbox = brand, Console and PC = platforms, Live and Gamepass = ecosystem

None of that is going away...

but hey... Gamepass is a failure right... numbers will go down right.. now that people are paying full price.. right? :bena: 

:tom: 

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's true.  Of course, but I believe MS is positioning themselves to be set up favorably for the future that's coming in gaming.  It's not about a single box anymore.  MS knows that.. and so does Sony.

it was never about a box... ever.  It has always been about the games... the box was the thing that delivers the games to the consumer to play.    Generally more boxes sold (means a larger player base for companies to sell even more games to) would lead to more support which would lead to more games for the consumer to play.   But in gaming the lion share of the money is made on the games. 

Gaming will eventually move away from needing to own hardware.... we're still in the infancy of that. 

What if MS gamepass model is not sustainable in the long long run? Then what? You need a constant flow of great content, a constantly engaged player base and you need that base to grow quickly....

On the other hand it could work for them and they be the Netflix of gaming. 

Time will tell.