I fucking told you Lynux

What a clusterassfuck PS5 is.  From the hardware being variable frequency.. to their fucked up anti consumer practices...to their 'next gen' games being cross gen.. and now their bullshit lies about backwards compatibility.

Sony are god damn lucky that their games and franchises are popular.. its the only thing carrying them through.

This is CLEARLY not the same team that was running PS back when the PS4 was launched.

I think it's time to skip the PS5, trade in my games that are multiplat.  This is a fucking joke if  true.

This is so unexcusable that they can go choked on a dick.

Obviously I'll get games that are exclusive, but this is beyond fucked up. The issue is  that XBox  misses like 80% of small Japanese games, has no limited prints and no VR.

Edited by Team 2019

Jim Ryan said 99% of games will work, looks like you're just reposting old news from when Cerny mentioned the 100 top titles work. It makes no sense that PS5 can't run the in legacy mode if native gives buns.

"Jim Ryan, President, and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, told the Washington Post the PS5 will be backward compatible with 99% of PS4 titles."

That article, that's already a week old.............is compromised of link and quotes from OLD articles.

Nothing in there is new.

And the specific line about "only 100 games are backwards compatible" is not backed up by anything, so it appears that the writer is taking Mark Cerny's quote about having tested it with the 100 most popular PS4 games, and made a declarative statement that "they only have backwards compatibility with 100 PS4 games."

That article is shit.

And also, I love how people are now trying to push Sony having "anti-consumer practices" even though Sony hasn't changed a single thing regarding what they do and how they do it.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

What a clusterassfuck PS5 is.  From the hardware being variable frequency.. to their fucked up anti consumer practices...to their 'next gen' games being cross gen.. and now their bullshit lies about backwards compatibility.

Sony are god damn lucky that their games and franchises are popular.. its the only thing carrying them through.

This is CLEARLY not the same team that was running PS back when the PS4 was launched.

PS4?

Think PS3.

The PS4 team was already full of arrogant assholes.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Jack Tretton bruh. He used to deliver big time especially at E3. He took PS4 to its heights, after he left it’s been downhill and their attitude turned a lot more cocky.

The "arrogant" assholes are giving us Demon Souls, Spiderman Miles, Ratchet, Horizon 2, possibly God of War and FFXVI within the first 12-18 months of the PS5's lifespan. Thats not even counting the smaller stuff like Kena.

That's coming off TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima and Final Fantasy 7 this year for PS4. PS5 has a killer launch period, yet  at the same time the PS4's swansongs also kicked ass.

Sony is delivering on games, no questions there.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

PS4?

Think PS3.

The PS4 team was already full of arrogant assholes.

yeah, the $499/$599 prices didn't reek of arrogance 🙄

Sony Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi says - " you'll buy PS3 at any price -- even if you have to get a second job at Burger King to pay for it."

i wish you could stop being a retard, mala, but a missing chromosome is a missing chromosome 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, the $499/$599 prices didn't reek of arrogance 🙄

Sony Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi says - " you'll buy PS3 at any price -- even if you have to get a second job at Burger King to pay for it."

i wish you could stop being a retard, mala, but a missing chromosome is a missing chromosome 

Sony just took advantage of the moment and capitalized on it.

However, gaming wise, Sony's delivery with the PS4 was shit.

The first two years was full of indies and garbage games like Knack and Killzone SF.

Meanwhile during mid PS3, Sony started trying and securing good franchises and games.

6 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Sony just took advantage of the moment and capitalized on it.

However, gaming wise, Sony's delivery with the PS4 was shit.

The first two years was full of indies and garbage games like Knack and Killzone SF.

Meanwhile during mid PS3, Sony started trying and securing good franchises and games.

/debate

5 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Ask the sheep who love their NES and SNES games.

I mean it's a bonus for sure but honestly most of the people who bitch about BC are annoyed because they want new consoles on day one and have little options on any platform so want to play their old games on their new consoles like assholes. Just fucking wait til games come out. It's a game console, they can live.