few weeks left before launch... where are the series X Next Gen gameplay demos?

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, Jeff Bakular with CNET is on the Giant Beastcase on Fridays, and he said he has the console.

And he said that he basically cannot say anything.

But the implication was that he didn't have any new games to test the console with.

It's probably true. lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, Jeff Bakular with CNET is on the Giant Beastcase on Fridays, and he said he has the console.   And he said that he basically cannot say anything.   But the implication was that

So the Series X previews from the press are coming in.    It all backwards compatibility games    @Remij @madmaltese  the game situation is worse than we thought.    

We're 2 weeks away?  

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Impressions are coming soon, according to resetera nerds. Weve had a decent lot shown on Series S. Probably wanted to hold out a little longer on X. It is still 3 weeks......err, i mean 6 weeks and change away.

Dang, its gotten so bad that jonb is running to the resetera SJWs for good Xbox news.:drake:

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

The same thing will happen with the PS5.  That's literally how things are marketed these days...

RTX 30-series as the most recent example...

Sony's obviously done a much better job with regards to showing stuff on the actual hardware.. which I respect.  But it's my honest opinion, that both of these consoles are coming in hot to make the holiday season.  I think they both could use a little more time in the oven.

I know MS' games seem to be a bit farther out than Sony's.  Still though, we should have seen good gameplay demos of all the enhance Xbox One games coming to Series X like Gears 5, FH4, Gears Tactics, and any others.  Flight Sim should have been shown off running beautifully on the new console (with the improved DX12 renderer which is coming to PC as well) and they should have made more little demos and things running on the actual hardware.

All that should have been done before the pre-orders even went up... but yea.. they botched it.

it seems that MS always finds a way to mess up their launch hype. 

I mean they have to eventually show something..... that would be insane if they didn't...but the clock is ticking 

all this time has passed and PS5 is getting free reign on the next gen gameplay.... and all that mindshare they're giving up to PS5. 

Edited by Goukosan

Launching a new console without any exclusives that make use of the better tech is just insane. What kind of impressions can anyone even give when it comes to the multiplat games? 'So yeah it looks like this NPC's nose is slightly shinier on Series X' zzzz....This is going to be the least exciting or impactful console launch in history.

7 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Worry about when you'll get a current gen home console sheep, 2030 should be a decent guess :rofls:

2030 is that the series X launch date for your 3rd world country?   Hopefully by then Series X should have some games to show :ovolol:

Edited by Goukosan
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Launching a new console without any exclusives that make use of the better tech is just insane. What kind of impressions can anyone even give when it comes to the multiplat games? 'So yeah it looks like this NPC's nose is slightly shinier on Series X' zzzz....This is going to be the least exciting or impactful console launch in history.

Facts bro :drake:

You brought up a good point.  Is this the first console in history to launch without an exclusive game? 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Remij said:

I honestly don't think there's really anything new to show lol.

Me too lol which is just embarassing. How do you launch a new gen with 'the most powerful console ever made' and literally not have a single title to show off. 

Halo delay shouldn't be an excuse either cause they should have more than one title regardless. 

How isn't there a Forza (after taking a year off? We get one every single year ever and then skip 2 whole years where one is a next gen launch lol makes zero sense)

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Me too lol which is just embarassing. How do you launch a new gen with 'the most powerful console ever made' and literally not have a single title to show off. 

Halo delay shouldn't be an excuse either cause they should have more than one title regardless. 

How isn't there a Forza (after taking a year off? We get one every single year ever and then skip 2 whole years where one is a next gen launch lol makes zero sense)

Yep.  They really fucked up the whole thing.  Halo should have been amazing and day 1.  They were really banking on that it seems.

I kind of respect them for delaying it though.  That must have been a tough decision hoenstly... but the right one.

They should have had multiple games ready for the launch window.. but all their games seem quite far out yet.  I think they're banking on the Gamepass value thing now to get them through the first year until some of this new stuff can be shown and released.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I honestly don't think there's really anything new to show lol.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

and this is why I think MS has lost the gen before it even started.   If you look back at all the systems that dominated a gen.... they all had great launches. 

MS literally has nothing to show..... they had 7 years to prepare and still have nothing?  Simple terrible. 

How do you not have a Forza game ready?

They even took 2019 off, right?

Turn10 is usually a developer that is on top of the latest Xbox hardware and they have a specific department in which they're always supposed to be updating their game engine.

Even historically, there have been things like "Prologues" or "Starter Editions" of racing games in which they throw a few tracks and few cars and sell it to you for like $20. Or make a demo like the GT HD demo that came out in December 2006 for the PS3.

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and this is why I think MS has lost the gen before it even started.   If you look back at all the systems that dominated a gen.... they all had great launches. 

MS literally has nothing to show..... they had 7 years to prepare and still have nothing?  Simple terrible. 

PS2 launch was terrible.  What amazing title launched with the PS2?

Mind you Sony demoed MGS2.. which was enough to make anyone say "omfg this is amazing".. so they had that at least.

Just now, jehurey said:

How do you not have a Forza game ready?

They even took 2019 off, right?

Turn10 is usually a developer that is on top of the latest Xbox hardware and they have a specific department in which they're always supposed to be updating their game engine.

Even historically, there have been things like "Prologues" or "Starter Editions" of racing games in which they throw a few tracks and few cars and sell it to you for like $20. Or make a demo like the GT HD demo that came out in December 2006 for the PS3.

Well it's funny... you were bitching before that they release one every year.. and said they just copy and paste them... but when they actually go out and develop new tech, new models, and change up the game.... you're claiming they're 'taking time off'... lmao  They can't win with you.

Why put the onus on Forza?  That has been the studio that's propped up a lot of MS' failings in the past.. they deserve the extra time for once.  343i is who failed MS this time around.. and it's MS' fault that none of their other studios had anything ready either.

Just now, Remij said:

Well it's funny... [tries to change subject]

That is funny.

And it shows that you are angry for you to automatically not answer what I was asking about, and start whining about me personally.

Thanks for losing two arguments with your one post.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.  They really fucked up the whole thing.  Halo should have been amazing and day 1.  They were really banking on that it seems.

I kind of respect them for delaying it though.  That must have been a tough decision hoenstly... but the right one.

They should have had multiple games ready for the launch window.. but all their games seem quite far out yet.  I think they're banking on the Gamepass value thing now to get them through the first year until some of this new stuff can be shown and released.

Yeah I respect their decision to delay cause it destroys their launch (imagine a new Halo title with the current positive MS vibe) but I also think they sort of had too. Halo probably couldn't take another big blow to it's rep. This one could be make or break for the franchise. 

Yeah, they're banking on GP hard but you really don't need a XSS or XSX to get any benefit from GP atm and probably not for a very long time. Even all this Bethesda buzz which is awesome but in reality. yay for TESVI in 2025/6? lol I know Bethesda has many more games but that is the juggernaut. 

I just don't get how their game management can be so bad. They have so many studios now and they struggled to manage the few studios they had before. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Thankfully for them launches still always sell out and they have more than enough goodwill to keep some momentum.

We've seen how quickly that can change though adn when all this pre gen buzz is over and the systems are out then ppl are only gonna care about one thing as always and that is games. 

Come launch week for both systems what games are gonna be talked about? DS Remake and Miles....meanwhile on Xbox??? Then you have Ratchet coming... PS5 could already have a Switch like Year 1 lineup before Xbox even gets out of the gate.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

That is funny.

And it shows that you are angry for you to automatically not answer what I was asking about, and start whining about me personally.

Thanks for losing two arguments with your one post.

No... you were very much talking about Forza not being ready for launch.

See... this DOES show that you're mad.  I made an honest point about what you said... and you got upset and waived it off.

Don't be mad sweetie.  

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

PS2 launch was terrible.  What amazing title launched with the PS2?

Mind you Sony demoed MGS2.. which was enough to make anyone say "omfg this is amazing".. so they had that at least.

I said good launch.  You dont need an amazing launch to succeed just a good one.  PS2 launched with good exclusive games 

MS is launching with zero exclusive titles, launch so far is looking beyond terrible

• Goukosan changed the title to few weeks left before launch... where are the series X Next Gen gameplay demos?