Final Fantasy 7 is so wack after Midgar

So I'm playing FF7 all the way through for the first time.

After you leave Midgar and we have Cloud's flashback everything turns wacky all of the sudden. Let me explain:

• So the whole thing is to go after Sephirot, right? Because Cloud says he is dangerous?
  • So right after the cutscene ends the NPC closest to you has some dialogue saying that a mysterious man with a long sword has been seen on a town to the east. Well that was convenient, but whatever, video game logic, I get it.
  • Then you get to this town and suddenly the president of Shinra is boarding a boat to cross the continent there and the plan is to infiltrate that (but why?)
  • So you have to go through this very cumbersome process where Cloud separates itself from the party and then uses a dolphin's help to get to a water platform, and then get into a uniform and go to a parade (OK this part was kind of cute)
  • But at the end of the parade, all your crew infiltrates the book as if nothing (wat?)
  • And then you start sailing in this boat to another continent and your crew literally makes half of the staff on board, but also the president is there, and noone notices you or your crew even though one of you is a big black dude with a gun for an arm and a genetically engineered lion
  • and then fucking sephirot comes literally out of the floor tiles in the ship's engine room (?????), with his momma and then flies around
  • So was sephirot here the whole time (?????), what was his purpose (????), what was the crew's purpose (????), why isn't anyone's action making any sense (WTF?)
  • But the president was then like "oh yeah we knew cloud and sephirot were there and we let them get away oh no", what is happening in this game?
  • AND THEN, suddenly you make it to shore and you are in this tropical beach town. This game that began with a cool cyberpunk dystopian setting now has quirky dragon quest-y  cute towns?
  • Am I in a fever dream?

• Like 1

I disagree.

The only thing wack about FF7.. is that remake that released this year. :scust:

*and all the other bullshit that isn't FF7 proper... such as spinoffs and whatever else. 

Edited by Remij

lmfao wtf did I read... the parade is one of my fav moments, getting into the line and formation just walk with the others. the little shops and bars along the street, the .... music 

then doing the "soldier stunts" to impress the people. them showing the ratings (always thought thats funny). 

it makes sense when you play the game. as for barret in a sailor dress, mh, yeah it might look bad for you but back then it was pretty cool. dive into the world man, they are disguised. 

srsly, just stop nitpicking. the dolphin part and jumping on the pipe after you save that girl from the flying snake boss and giving her mouth to mouth is pretty cool as well. 

also the cyber setting dystopian setting stays throughout the game, just some parts are like costa del sol (thank god, imagine everything in the game looks like midgar). Cheer up bro.

edit: FINAL FANTASY ALWAYS HAD THESE MINIGAMES INBETWEEN. 

my pro tip: play ball with the kid in costa del sol. :mjgrin: 

Edited by kazi
10 hours ago, Kitad said:

After you leave Midgar and we have Cloud's flashback everything turns wacky all of the sudden. Let me explain:

• So the whole thing is to go after Sephirot, right? Because Cloud says he is dangerous?
  • So right after the cutscene ends the NPC closest to you has some dialogue saying that a mysterious man with a long sword has been seen on a town to the east. Well that was convenient, but whatever, video game logic, I get it.
  • Then you get to this town and suddenly the president of Shinra is boarding a boat to cross the continent there and the plan is to infiltrate that (but why?)
  • So you have to go through this very cumbersome process where Cloud separates itself from the party and then uses a dolphin's help to get to a water platform, and then get into a uniform and go to a parade (OK this part was kind of cute)
  • But at the end of the parade, all your crew infiltrates the book as if nothing (wat?)
  • And then you start sailing in this boat to another continent and your crew literally makes half of the staff on board, but also the president is there, and noone notices you or your crew even though one of you is a big black dude with a gun for an arm and a genetically engineered lion
  • and then fucking sephirot comes literally out of the floor tiles in the ship's engine room (?????), with his momma and then flies around
  • So was sephirot here the whole time (?????), what was his purpose (????), what was the crew's purpose (????), why isn't anyone's action making any sense (WTF?)
  • But the president was then like "oh yeah we knew cloud and sephirot were there and we let them get away oh no", what is happening in this game?
  • AND THEN, suddenly you make it to shore and you are in this tropical beach town. This game that began with a cool cyberpunk dystopian setting now has quirky dragon quest-y  cute towns?
  • Am I in a fever dream?

You missed out the bit were if you go straight to the beach, you bump into Hojo, evil scientist guy, chilling in his white lab coat on the beach surrounded by bitches in bikini's if I remember. :mj:

Also whilst in midgar I'm pretty sure cloud gets gangraped by musclemen in the honeybee in. Or its a least hinted at or something. And then there's the cross dressing :ben:

Srsly though, its a classic. :facep:

On the subject of wacky FF games, FFVIII went nuts after disc one. Turns into a time travelling story about a group of teenagers that all knew each other but forgot, and then go into the future to kill an evil sorceress. Makes more sense if you subscribe to the theory that Squall actually dies in the end of the disc one and remaining three discs are just endorphins being released in his brain as he's falling of the float with a massive ice shard in him. Still a good game. 

11 hours ago, Kitad said:

• and then get into a uniform and go to a parade (OK this part was kind of cute)
  • and noone notices you or your crew even though one of you is a big black dude with a gun for an arm and a genetically engineered lion
  • So was sephirot here the whole time (?????),
  • This game that began with a cool cyberpunk dystopian setting now has quirky dragon quest-y  cute towns? I AM IMAGINING KINGDOM HEARTS DESTINY ISLAND NOW NEXT
  • Am I in a fever dream?

:D  ;D

shit is wacky. It's funny (you) and other americans can embrace the weird Jappo shit and actually say something like the parade portion is cute.

I haven't played FF7 so,  I'm expecting disc 2 to now be a 35 hour boat trip and a parade lmfao. Hohkay. lol. 

1 hour ago, Cell said:

You missed out the bit were if you go straight to the beach, you bump into Hojo, evil scientist guy, chilling in his white lab coat on the beach surrounded by bitches in bikini's if I remember. :mj:

Also whilst in midgar I'm pretty sure cloud gets gangraped by musclemen in the honeybee in. Or its a least hinted at or something. And then there's the cross dressing :ben:

Srsly though, its a classic. :facep:

On the subject of wacky FF games, FFVIII went nuts after disc one. Turns into a time travelling story about a group of teenagers that all knew each other but forgot, and then go into the future to kill an evil sorceress. Makes more sense if you subscribe to the theory that Squall actually dies in the end of the disc one and remaining three discs are just endorphins being released in his brain as he's falling of the float with a massive ice shard in him. Still a good game. 

nice, dude. FFVIII might be flawed but I still like it and I like your theory, there are more like this. Also people kinda forget about the plot/main villain in the game,

I'm saying this because Sabo forgot about the sorceress Ultimecia. :mj: 

41 minutes ago, kokujin said:

:D  ;D

shit is wacky. It's funny (you) and other americans can embrace the weird Jappo shit and actually say something like the parade portion is cute.

I haven't played FF7 so,  I'm expecting disc 2 to now be a 35 hour boat trip and a parade lmfao. Hohkay. lol. 

the game is not whacky, its perfectly fine. and the part with the parade - to the boat - onto the beach takes like an hour or two. its mostly reading, only one quick boss fight.

thanks for substance your posts are usually insults or just hat garbage. when I said whacky, i'm not using it as an insult, but you gotta admit kitaad pointed out a lot of whacky shit in just 2 hours of gameplay.  

Also, even in FF7R when you are in the Shinra building with NO disguise lmfao, no one ever fucking notices you're there till you get to the top? :D  lol breh I been her elike 6 hours and 2 hours in your fight sim machine. Where's the resistance? 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Play FFIX, it’s the better PS1 FF game. Or just play FFVI, and play the best game in the series. 

i hope they never remake ff9. cuz it's like, the perfect classic picture book.  well placed.  that and FFX and even FFXV for me. don't like cyberpunk. (ffxv is kinda cyperpunk_).

47 minutes ago, kokujin said:

thanks for substance your posts are usually insults or just hat garbage. when I said whacky, i'm not using it as an insult, but you gotta admit kitaad pointed out a lot of whacky shit in just 2 hours of gameplay.  

Also, even in FF7R when you are in the Shinra building with NO disguise lmfao, no one ever fucking notices you're there till you get to the top? :D  lol breh I been her elike 6 hours and 2 hours in your fight sim machine. Where's the resistance? 

there is no wacky part. he's confused because the story is setup like that. and it's not two hours in all of that happens he is talking about. the two hours i mentioned are only the parade-ship-beach part which is really straightforward. 

also fuck you, bitch. :mj:

26 minutes ago, kokujin said:

not impressed dude. the random insults is high school shit. just talk to me nicely and normal. no front needed. so no.  >< don't want your kisses. 

shut up, faqgget. and play the game, you will like it. :kisses:  

14 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Yeah Midgar was the best part of the game. They should have made it entirely in the city. 

:| 

• Ben 1
Just now, kazi said:

shut up, faqgget. and play the game, you will like it. :kisses:  

again, it's like mankind is allergic to just telling the truth.

My day is okay. thanks for asking. It's funny you just can't language kindness.  dont' worry, you're expeiencing a very natural phenomenon 

• Sad 1