How to place your PS5 on its side (PS5 was a mistake edition)

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

As opposed to the Series X that keeps the stand attached on the side :mj:

Yea, that's ugly as fuck.  Why couldn't they just do the same as Sony and have a screw that allows it to come off and a little cover you pop in?  That way they could even potentially allow more air intake when it's on it's side.

Makes no sense to me from what's been shown... but maybe there's some sort of reason I just can't think of.

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, that's ugly as fuck.  Why couldn't they just do the same as Sony and have a screw that allows it to come off and a little cover you pop in?  That way they could even potentially allow more air intake when it's on it's side.

Makes no sense to me from what's been shown... but maybe there's some sort of reason I just can't think of.

Because idiots would take it off and block the air intake

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Because idiots would take it off and block the air intake

There's air intake on the back as well.

Idiots could just as easily block the exhaust on the other side :shrug: 

The LEAST MS could have done... was at least make the stand bottom more attractive looking.  Have it nice and soft rubberized.  As the stand looks right now, it looks almost unfinished.  It's circular... but the console doesn't swivel..  So why not just have 4 rubberized feet that stick out the same amount?

Edited by Remij
44 minutes ago, Remij said:

Reason has to be solely ease of use and maybe because it is clearly designed to be standing so they want to encourage that. 

• Like 1