AMD 5000 Series Zen 3 processor announcement livestream

Starts at 9am Pacific/11am Central/12pm Eastern..  So roughly 1h45m from now.

Should be a good event.  Rumors put the performance faster than Intel's flagship 10900K in gaming.. which would be the first time AMD has had the fastest CPU for gaming in well over a decade.

Can we take a moment to appreciate (or rather acknowledge, since I don't think its something entirely worth appreciating) how companies really do not need press or conventions anymore to have their press conferences.

I just boot up the youtube channel on my LG 4K OLED tv, search for AMD and find their live stream, and I'm directly watching their feed.

No wonder E3 is on its way out. Its really not necessary anymore.

Edited by jehurey

Now I am thinking that I might've regretted returning back that 3700X that I bought earlier in the summer.

For $260, it had a 6.5Ghz with a 4.4Ghz boost clock, and that was at 65w TDP. (and it came with a copy of AC Valhalla)

I wonder how much I could've overclocked that, because I get the feeling that these cards probably won't overclock by much.

I could've spent $260 on the CPU, and then $120 on an Arctic Liquid Cooler, and it still would've been beneath the $450 asking price for a 5800X. (that, we are hearing, does not come with a cooler)

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Meh, everything is overpriced.

Yea, it's unfortunate, but honestly expected.  Their current CPUs are selling incredibly well.  They're gaining marketshare.  Mindshare is higher than it's been in ages.  And now they're better than the competition in all areas.  They're starting to price their products relative to the competition now instead of just the value proposition.

I believe AMD deserves it to some extent.

It just fucking sucks I gotta drop $450 + taxes on the CPU, and then pay another $130 for an AIC water cooler to connect to it.

Hell, the 360mm version of the Arctic Freeze Liquid Cooler II doesn't appear to be coming back into stock anytime soon, so it looks like I'll just have to get the 280mm version.