Do you think XBOX could make a comeback with their studio acquisitions?

spicoli keeps praising microsoft for buying bethesda but it means nothing and all the other studios phil keeps talking about seem to be dead

ya guys think they gonna make some good games next gen?

• Ben 1

No, Xbox as a hardware brand will be lucky to make it past this gen IMO.

They're going all-in on the subscription service though and I think that is their best chance at staying relevant and having success in the industry.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

No, Xbox as a hardware brand will be lucky to make it past this gen IMO.

They're going all-in on the subscription service though and I think that is their best chance at staying relevant and having success in the industry.

yea i think so too. they are basically giving up like that in my opinion they might still exist as a service but they will stop making consoles eventually. 

I just don't understand what's holding them from making console exclusives again? they just need new IPs.

6 minutes ago, kazi said:

yea i think so too. they are basically giving up like that in my opinion they might still exist as a service but they will stop making consoles eventually. 

I just don't understand what's holding them from making console exclusives again? they just need new IPs.

Not enough revenue from consoles probably. The PC market is giving them probably more sales and money than their console side.

It's a pretty easy bet on the over when the preceding console is the One, but the Series S/X look poised to be in a good spot for anybody that doesn't have a gaming PC. That's its niche and if the One can do 50 million with some pretty awful first party games aside from Forza, I have to imagine it'll do alright with some developers who can actually make good games under their belt.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, kazi said:

spicoli keeps praising microsoft for buying bethesda but it means nothing and all the other studios phil keeps talking about seem to be dead

ya guys think they gonna make some good games next gen?

MS buying devs always works out for the best. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Not enough revenue from consoles probably. The PC market is giving them probably more sales and money than their console side.

But this is exactly what they need to sell their consoles. I would definitely buy a xbox if they make the game of my dreams. 

Launching without a single first party next gen game?  Yea sure... they're poised for a comeback... lol

Nope Xbox isn't making a comeback this gen, by the time those studios start pumping out games PS5 would have already gained 3 years worth of momentum. 

Guess it depends what you mean by comeback.

Will they do better than this gen? Yes. Will they get as close to Sony as they did in the X360 gen? No way.

Are they currently doing better with their games lineup? Hell no. Worst xbox launch lineup they've had so far by quite a margin. 

Hopefully things get better in a few years, but we have been saying that for a few years already. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Guess it depends what you mean by comeback.

Will they do better than this gen? Yes. Will they get as close to Sony as they did in the X360 gen? No way.

Are they currently doing better with their games lineup? Hell no. Worst xbox launch lineup they've had so far by quite a margin. 

Hopefully things get better in a few years, but we have been saying that for a few years already. 

It's objectively the worst launch lineup ever that MS has had.. as far as next gen stuff goes lmao.  I thought there would at least be SOME of the next gen 3rd party games ready.. but there isn't.  I was hoping the Medium would be launching with the Series X because I want to play it on PC.. but it's sounding like December or something.  And even then, while for me personally it's doing some cool stuff and looks visually nice.  It's certainly not a big budget next gen game.  

Xbox owners are going to have to wait a bit for that.  No Forza, No Halo, nothing next gen only.  At least with 360 and XO you still had new interesting titles.

Upgrading from XO to Series X/S right now is the equivalent of buying a GPU upgrade for your PC, and using the same old games to test it out... It's nice sure, but unless there's like a big title launching that you know is going to look incredible, it's not QUITE as special feeling.

49 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's objectively the worst launch lineup ever that MS has had.. as far as next gen stuff goes lmao.  I thought there would at least be SOME of the next gen 3rd party games ready.. but there isn't.  I was hoping the Medium would be launching with the Series X because I want to play it on PC.. but it's sounding like December or something.  And even then, while for me personally it's doing some cool stuff and looks visually nice.  It's certainly not a big budget next gen game.  

Xbox owners are going to have to wait a bit for that.  No Forza, No Halo, nothing next gen only.  At least with 360 and XO you still had new interesting titles.

Upgrading from XO to Series X/S right now is the equivalent of buying a GPU upgrade for your PC, and using the same old games to test it out... It's nice sure, but unless there's like a big title launching that you know is going to look incredible, it's not QUITE as special feeling.

Xbox One rightfully gets a tonne of hate for it's lineup but early on, right up until Bloodborne it arguably had a better first party lineup than PS4. Phil Spencer may have changed Xbox's vision and strategies but absolutely none of that has resulted in quality titles yet and while a lot of acquisitions are new, he has also managed multiple full cycles of games through numerous first party studios so far and all have fallen flat and his inability to even manage Halo/Gears/Forza for launch is ridiculous. 

Exactly, everything exciting about Xbox (mostly Gamepass) is already available and all future perks hardly require an XSX/S. Literally feels like a PC upgrade but without even a standout game to be able to showcase that power (even a cross gen game). I've never heard of a next gen launch where all the news and talk is literally about how fast old ass games load on this new machine lol A feature where the PS5 will outperform it in because of the faster SSD too. Their inability to market 'Most powerful console' with a graphical showcase (even if it's an average game like Ryse) game is astounding, even more astounding considering Forza isn't one and it is going to go 3 years without a release now. 

• Upvote 2