Best Buy honoring Black Friday prices - starting now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check RCA, I hear they have some decent tvs you can rent.  

Oh, so racist. 

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

Are there any new qleds with hdmi 2.1 releasing soon? 

I thought Samsung's high end qleds already do?

yeah, their models from Q70T and above will have exactly ONE hdmi 2.1 port.

I keep looozing everything expensive I buy lfmao. I dunno ghosts... sounds tempting. I could use another laptop. I'm already on one.

best buy sell phones?  honestly I kinda wanna record and do youtube vids.  Hmmm.. just a get good phone?  a stupid camera? 

@roflpwnedz  I know you make youtube vids.  :ben:

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I thought Samsung's high end qleds already do?

yeah, their models from Q70T and above will have exactly ONE hdmi 2.1 port.

Are these incredibly expensive to implement or something? Why not just pop in 3-4 2.1 sockets and call it a day? 

I’ll just have to return it in a year again if I go that route again 

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

Are these incredibly expensive to implement or something? Why not just pop in 3-4 2.1 sockets and call it a day? 

I’ll just have to return it in a year again if I go that route again 

HDMI 2.1 ports require at least 40Gbps bandwidth in order to meet the spec.

What they're used for is true 4K at up to 120fps, with full HDR, at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. Or alternatively, 8K @60fps with HDR

And, I believe they're also used for eARC connectivity in order to deliver true lossless Dolby Atmos and DTS-X audio to the home theater system, and this is assuming that you have a A/V receiver that has a eARC connection as well to receive such high bandwidth audio data.

And you need HDMI cables that are rated to provide upwards of 48Gbps bandwidth.

So HDMI 2.0a and under can only do a max 18Gbps bandwidth, which is still good for 4K @ 60fps and HDR, but that's the limit.

So, this really depends if you are going all in with next-gen consoles, 4K UHD blu-rays (that are 100GB in size because they have uncompressed audio data), and new video cards, and its hooked up to a modern home theater setup (something a bit more complicated than a soundbar system).

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

HDMI 2.1 ports require at least 40Gbps bandwidth in order to meet the spec.

What they're used for is true 4K at up to 120fps, with full HDR, at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. Or alternatively, 8K @60fps with HDR

And, I believe they're also used for eARC connectivity in order to deliver true lossless Dolby Atmos and DTS-X audio to the home theater system, and this is assuming that you have a A/V receiver that has a eARC connection as well to receive such high bandwidth audio data.

And you need HDMI cables that are rated to provide upwards of 48Gbps bandwidth.

So HDMI 2.0a and under can only do a max 18Gbps bandwidth, which is still good for 4K @ 60fps and HDR, but that's the limit.

So, this really depends if you are going all in with next-gen consoles, 4K UHD blu-rays (that are 100GB in size because they have uncompressed audio data), and new video cards, and its hooked up to a modern home theater setup (something a bit more complicated than a soundbar system).

I have a modest set up, mainly due to lack of real interest, but I’ve became more interested as time goes on. I’m definitely interested in future proofing in terms of hdmis/connections, so I’d value more hdmi 2.1 slots than the absolute best picture quality. 

given they are backwards compatible, I’m just curious why this year doesn’t have more 2.1 equipped TVs. 

3 hours ago, kokujin said:

I keep looozing everything expensive I buy lfmao. I dunno ghosts... sounds tempting. I could use another laptop. I'm already on one.

best buy sell phones?  honestly I kinda wanna record and do youtube vids.  Hmmm.. just a get good phone?  a stupid camera? 

@roflpwnedz  I know you make youtube vids.  :ben:

lol nah. but i did research for a cam and ended up getting one of those gopro clones for my friend.

12 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

lol nah. but i did research for a cam and ended up getting one of those gopro clones for my friend.

lol.

recently?? can you edit and such on them things, or is it just good quality to upload? how much did he spend?

I really do (I thinhk and hope) have some ample free time this next month... I should freaking try something creative with all this down corona time. You've heard the first peeps of the dream...   

go pro. hmmm lol. thanks!

48 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lol.

recently?? can you edit and such on them things, or is it just good quality to upload? how much did he spend?

I really do (I thinhk and hope) have some ample free time this next month... I should freaking try something creative with all this down corona time. You've heard the first peeps of the dream...   

go pro. hmmm lol. thanks!

I don't think you can edit much or at all with them. It was $70. But it can be used as a webcam.

But why not just use a smartphone? The cameras are good these days and you can livestream from em, probably use some kind of youtube editor or editing program on the phone. 

2 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

I don't think you can edit much or at all with them. It was $70. But it can be used as a webcam.

But why not just use a smartphone? The cameras are good these days and you can livestream from em, probably use some kind of youtube editor or editing program on the phone. 

right.  $70 is way cheaper than I thought (clone tho).

Yeah I prolly should just get another BETTER phone. for $150-$200 if possible with a good enough camera.  i know that, Note 9 seems to be a good start.

will dooos. 

17 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

Editing is independent of the hardware but yeah, a phone or cheapo camera can be good enough if the actual setup for streaming is up to snuff. I dont record for streamers but for interview and BTS stuff the staging, lighting, and sound is almost as important as the camera used these days.  No camera has a truly good mic for video and the worse your lighting the more work you're putting on your camera gear.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Editing is independent of the hardware but yeah, a phone or cheapo camera can be good enough if the actual setup for streaming is up to snuff. I dont record for streamers but for interview and BTS stuff the staging, lighting, and sound is almost as important as the camera used these days.  No camera has a truly good mic for video and the worse your lighting the more work you're putting on your camera gear.

camera mics are unusable. it drives me crazy when i see "professional" companies use them. i won't edit their vids. i also hate when they mix the camera mic audio with a wireless/boom/shotgun mic's. it's like....wtf? couldn't they split the damn channels? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, I have two RBG LEDS, and one LED ring light. Definite lifesavers. I remember how fucking hot a set can get with those tungsten set ups. 

i've seen skin stick to hot barn doors :D it's like cheese from a pizza