Halo: The Master Chief Collection optimized for XSX|S coming Nov 17 (120fps campaign & multiplayer on both Xbox Series X & S, adjustable FOV, more)

uuh even i get confused now: xsx is the new xbox console? and s is the old console?? or the new one but "S" version of it? where is xbox one x when they add shit to xbox s? :kaz: wtf

Just now, kazi said:

uuh even i get confused now: xsx is the new xbox console? and s is the old console?? or the new one but "S" version of it? where is xbox one x when they add shit to xbox s? :kaz: wtf

Series X and Series S are both new. Xbox One X is the old model. They're fucking moronic with their naming ever since 360.

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Series X and Series S are both new. Xbox One X is the old model. They're fucking moronic with their naming ever since 360.

lol it's the S that confuses me. i thought they meant the old console...  should call it xbox s and xbox x   and series x and series s.

1 hour ago, kazi said:

Xbox One S|X is this gen. Xbox Series S|X is next gen. S is the cheaper, less powerful model and X is the more expensive, more powerful model.

I can't imagine finding that confusing and being a hermit. Do you just collapse on the floor and convulse from the confusion of walking into Germany's Best Buy equivalent and seeing the ridiculous naming schemes for PC parts? Oh shit, is that why you haven't your computer in like a decade? Kazual can't upgrade his computer because he can't figure out what anything is. "I already have a Q6600, is the i7 9700k an upgrade? Q comes after i in the alphabet, but 9700 is higher than 6600." :kaz:

• dead 1
3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Xbox One S|X is this gen. Xbox Series S|X is next gen. S is the cheaper, less powerful model and X is the more expensive, more powerful model.

I can't imagine finding that confusing and being a hermit. Do you just collapse on the floor and convulse from the confusion of walking into Germany's Best Buy equivalent and seeing the ridiculous naming schemes for PC parts? Oh shit, is that why you haven't your computer in like a decade? Kazual can't upgrade his computer because he can't figure out what anything is. "I already have a Q6600, is the i7 9700k an upgrade? Q comes after i in the alphabet, but 9700 is higher than 6600." :kaz:

There’s really no defending the naming. It should just be Xbox 4+ and Xbox 4 

2 hours ago, kazi said:

lol it's the S that confuses me. i thought they meant the old console...  should call it xbox s and xbox x   and series x and series s.

Of all the issues in console making, people being confused because of stupid naming conventions is the stupidest one but every gen there seems to be one that suffers from this. 

29 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

There’s really no defending the naming. It should just be Xbox 4+ and Xbox 4 

Xbox fanboys are overly protective of MS giving their consoles stupid names. This is a gaming forum and people still get them mixed up. How wouldn't this be a problem with people who barely pay attention to gaming news? 

27 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't want to waste much time on you because I don't find your lemming schtick funny or whatever at all. 

- I don't follow pc parts closely after I build a rig. My current one is pretty old and when I'm ready to make my purchase I will know about the stuff again. 

- I don't walk into best buys or any of these stores.

- And I don't care about xbox' naming, and I was confused with the S cause I didn't know next gen will have both variants again. 

- your hardware analogy with increasing numbers is stupid :-*

- xbox' console/brand naming is undoubtedly retarded, no way anyone can defend this shit.

My thanks for clarifying about the S version of next gen Xbox though, Xbox Series S. We should call it Xbox SS and Xbox Series X Xbox SX. That took more time than I want to admit. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Of all the issues in console making, people being confused because of stupid naming conventions is the stupidest one but every gen there seems to be one that suffers from this. 

You think so? A lot of people had these issues, remember all the poor souls spending $500+ on this gen consoles, thinking they bought the next gen xbox console?

You are also one of them. And the naming just sucks, I never heard anyone having issues with remembering console names before. Playstation being the simplest. 

:shrug:

2 minutes ago, kazi said:

You think so? A lot of people had these issues, remember all the poor souls spending $500+ on this gen consoles, thinking they bought the next gen xbox console?

You are also one of them. And the naming just sucks, I never heard anyone having issues with remembering console names before. Playstation being the simplest. 

:shrug:

I mean the mistake is made by the console makers. PSP Vita, and WIiU also being stupidly named consoles. Sony has it best just being a numerical differential for a number of reasons but most important is knowing which one is superior or successors to others. It's kind of too late for MS to do this, but simply using a name surname that is simply not a number of letter would do wonders for them. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I mean the mistake is made by the console makers. PSP Vita, and WIiU also being stupidly named consoles. Sony has it best just being a numerical differential for a number of reasons but most important is knowing which one is superior or successors to others. It's kind of too late for MS to do this, but simply using a name surname that is simply not a number of letter would do wonders for them. 

My bad, I'm stupid, I misunderstood, I read it again and  I agree.