AMD BIG Navi decimates NVIDIA

Yeah, they didn't talk about their ray-tracing at all. Nor did they show it off.

That, alone, is a big red flag.

They talked a little about their version of DLSS, but showed no demonstration of it.

And I don't quite understand their explanation of "Combine an AMD CPU + AMD GPU on a B550 Motherboard for an additional 8% of power"

For a new video card generation, they only had a 20 minute press conference. Something odd about that.

Xbox came out with a press release that many people are dubious on its wording.

They are saying that the Xbox Series S/X is the "only console" that comes with the "full RDNA2" feature-set.

And people are saying that they are being misleading and trying to insinuate that the PS5 has a lesser implementation of RDNA2.  The PS5 has a customized version of RDNA2 that is tailored for the console, and they would've removed features that are unnecessary, and as mentioned before by other leakers, they have features that are more advanced than RDNA2 and would be described as "RDNA3-like".

Whereas Xbox is being literal, they have the same exact RDNA2 feature-set that is in the AMD video card to maintain parity with their PC ports.

Well... I guess things happen for a reason.

Nvidia fucked up by not having any cards available.  I'm going to give AMD a chance.  I'm getting a 6900XT.  For $500 less than a 3090.. it's a no brainer.

Nvidi-out with the old, Rade-in with the new RDNA2 :smoke: 

Am I the only one who finds it curious that even with AMD's own cherry picked take-with-a-grain-of-salt benchmarks, each card only trades blows with the card its supposed to be competing with?

Remember Nvidia's benchmarks of the Ampere cards? The cards still turned out powerful but Nvidias benchmarks were indicative of the final product.

If AMD's best showing is merely trading blows, then I'd be willing to be that the independent reviews will show Nvidia still comfortably ahead. With Nvidia's launch problems though, Big Navi may still prove a worthy, attainable alternate. 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Well... I guess things happen for a reason.

Nvidia fucked up by not having any cards available.  I'm going to give AMD a chance.  I'm getting a 6900XT.  For $500 less than a 3090.. it's a no brainer.

Nvidi-out with the old, Rade-in with the new RDNA2 :smoke: 

I did not see you going there 

1 hour ago, ChupacabraIII said:

Am I the only one who finds it curious that even with AMD's own cherry picked take-with-a-grain-of-salt benchmarks, each card only trades blows with the card its supposed to be competing with?

Remember Nvidia's benchmarks of the Ampere cards? The cards still turned out powerful but Nvidias benchmarks were indicative of the final product.

If AMD's best showing is merely trading blows, then I'd be willing to be that the independent reviews will show Nvidia still comfortably ahead. With Nvidia's launch problems though, Big Navi may still prove a worthy, attainable alternate. 

shut up nerdmit

Nnnnnnnnnnah, I simply believe these benchmarks, because the benchmarks in which they win happen to be Xbox games that are developed in conjunction with AMD hardware.

And then, any other major multiplat seems to get beaten by the nVidia card.