The combat in Arkham and Middle Earth games is a joke

I realized this the other day playing Shadow of War, if you mash the attack and block buttons at the same time you're basically invincible in these games. You're just watching a video of the fighting you're not even interacting. 

While responsive and fun at first glance it's a ridiculously simple automated system that carries zero reward for beating enemies. 

Edited by Vini
  • NPC 1
  • Vini changed the title to The combat in Arkham and Middle Earth games is a joke

I will say this and I know you won't agree but it's consoles fault.

PC games were always diverse; crpgs, action games, FPS, adventure games etc. none of this half ass'd garbage would exist if gaming hasn't started catering to the noob masses. 

Enjoy your button pressing game!

2 hours ago, kazi said:

I will say this and I know you won't agree but it's consoles fault.

PC games were always diverse; crpgs, action games, FPS, adventure games etc. none of this half ass'd garbage would exist if gaming hasn't started catering to the noob masses. 

Enjoy your button pressing game!

There are plenty of console games that don't fall into that Souls games are console born and they have the best combat ever created. 

PC is best for RTS type combat which is basically not possible on consoles but nobody cares because nobody plays RTS games anyway

Edited by Vini
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Vini said:

There are plenty of console games that don't fall into that Souls games are console born and they have the best combat ever created. 

PC is best for RTS type combat which is basically not possible on consoles but nobody cares because nobody plays RTS games anyway

souls is hardly the best combat ever created, and I know you agree on this too. the only reason you said that is so you can try to have an argument for console games having good gameplay.

souls is on pc too, so nobody cares bout console and it doesn't matter in the first place because you are complaining about batman which has like the majority of console games simplified gameplay.

you didn't address my statement because you simply can't; consoles nowadays are the reason games get dumbed down and are too simple. (see RPGs like fallout 3 for example)

consoles back in the day had way harder games than souls for example; and really good gameplay for a lot of games. but consoles games changed to cater to the masses. 

I'm looking forward to the day sony and ninty starts releasing their games on the source hardware; PC because consoles right now do more wrong than good with shitty games that are too easy and stuff like console upgrades in a gen (pro and x version) and even downgrades with xbox (s version) which are the reason godpunk gets delayed for example. 

I'm not trying to bash consoles tbh, I still like them but I want them to be good again. Except xbox is fkn useless without games :mj: 

edit: here some extra for exmaple, for example, for example, for example.... :jordan3:

Edited by kazi