Just like the 3080, the 3070 dropped and sold out in minutes

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

no need to edit your post, you can admit to being a disgusting scalper :mjpls:

Fuck NVIDIA. I just didn't want to jinx myself until it says shipped on them :mjgrin: I wasn't planning on doing so until I got fucked with the 3080 on multiple occasions :mjgrin:

Edited by nitric
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m gonna have to either get a Amd gpu or buy a cheap nvidia one just to get me going. My 980 is on its last legs and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t play almost anything without it crashing repeatedly. So damn frustrated at the moment.

i dunno, something else may be wrong with your computer. possibly a faulty storage drive that is causing crashes.

I can still play alot of stuff with my 970 and am thinking of trying to knock out 1 or 2 PC games in November before finishing building my new PC for Cyberpunk.

I just got Mafia through Gamefly for the PS4, and I might try to play that game quickly.

hell, if Mafia PC version is anything like Mafia 3, there's probably already a pirated version online right now

11 minutes ago, ..... said:

RTX is just DXR lol...

Funny hearing you say this now after arguing with me for so long that AMD's RT implementation was going to make Nvidia's obsolete and that it was proprietary garbage :ben: 

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

i dunno, something else may be wrong with your computer. possibly a faulty storage drive that is causing crashes.

I can still play alot of stuff with my 970 and am thinking of trying to knock out 1 or 2 PC games in November before finishing building my new PC for Cyberpunk.

I just got Mafia through Gamefly for the PS4, and I might try to play that game quickly.

hell, if Mafia PC version is anything like Mafia 3, there's probably already a pirated version online right now

This happened on my old PC and its now happening on my new one. But every other part in it is brand new, the video card is the only component i've re-used.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

This happened on my old PC and its now happening on my new one. But every other part in it is brand new, the video card is the only component i've re-used.

y'know, they do say that "clean electricity" that is delivered by a high quality power supply does make a difference over the long-term. Consistent stable voltages leads to computer components having longer-term reliability.

Could be that your original power supply in your older computer had shaky voltages when powering your video card.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

y'know, they do say that "clean electricity" that is delivered by a high quality power supply does make a difference over the long-term. Consistent stable voltages leads to computer components having longer-term reliability.

Could be that your original power supply in your older computer had shaky voltages when powering your video card.

I doubt it, but i've had enough. I just bought a 1660 TI OC and will use that until Nvidia gets their shit together. My cousin is in need of a new video card so ill just sell it to him once I have a 3xxx card.