Well, the LG Cx got delivered today, guess what? Hdr still blows

Like, are you judging the television's picture by like.............watching a regular cable channel or something?

The first thing you're going to realize is.........this tv requires GORGEOUS, cutting edge video content in order to truly show you just how amazing it is.

And, its probably the built in "store demo' mode that is the only video content that will show that for you, right now.

Because your 1080i video coming from your cable box is not going to do it, although when you see a commercial with alot of white background or alot of bright colored background, it really stands out.

I think you can actually download LG video store demos online and put that on a flash drive and transfer them to the tv to watch those. (your tv should come with about 4GB of storage space).

There was this one video of footage of old buildings being lit up at night that was ST-UN-NING.

It feels like you're staring at the building with your naked eye.

WOtT5Vu.jpg

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Like, are you judging the television's picture by like.............watching a regular cable channel or something?

The first thing you're going to realize is.........this tv requires GORGEOUS, cutting edge video content in order to truly show you just how amazing it is.

And, its probably the built in "store demo' mode that is the only video content that will show that for you, right now.

Because your 1080i video coming from your cable box is not going to do it, although when you see a commercial with alot of white background or alot of bright colored background, it really stands out.

I think you can actually download LG video store demos online and put that on a flash drive and transfer them to the tv to watch those. (your tv should come with about 4GB of storage space).

There was this one video of footage of old buildings being lit up at night that was ST-UN-NING.

It feels like you're staring at the building with your naked eye.

WOtT5Vu.jpg

I have the top Netflix plan and tried a bunch of custom videos on YouTube. The picture and tv are fantastic I just feel hdr makes everything look worse 

Honestly the vivid setting looks better than hdr content 

Having to watch promo content is not ideal lol

Edited by ghostz life matters
10 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

I have the top Netflix plan and tried a bunch of custom videos on YouTube. The picture and tv are fantastic I just feel hdr makes everything look worse 

Honestly the vivid setting looks better than hdr content 

Having to watch promo content is not ideal lol

You may not be watching actual HDR content.

Actually, the promo content is ideal.

because Youtube and Prime Video are low-bitrate "4K" streams that will not come close to real 4K UHD content that you would get from a UHD blu-ray or a next-gen gaming platform.

And, its better to seek out Dolby Vision content than regular HDR10 content.

Netflix doesn't have Dolby Vision.

And Prime Video has certain things in Dolby Vision. But its ridiculous, for example they have Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan listed, but they a second listing for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan in 4K, and even then, Season 1 of Jack Ryan is not in Dolby Vision, its only certain episodes in Season 2.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

You may not be watching actual HDR content.

Actually, the promo content is ideal.

because Youtube and Prime Video are low-bitrate "4K" streams that will not come close to real 4K UHD content that you would get from a UHD blu-ray or a next-gen gaming platform.

And, its better to seek out Dolby Vision content than regular HDR10 content.

Netflix doesn't have Dolby Vision.

And Prime Video has certain things in Dolby Vision. But its ridiculous, for example they have Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan listed, but they a second listing for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan in 4K, and even then, Season 1 of Jack Ryan is not in Dolby Vision, its only certain episodes in Season 2.

Netflix has Dolby vision, it pops up in the top right when I watch a video. 

and yeah I agree about YouTube 

35 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

I think Dolby vision is overrated as well tho, I’d rather turn it off but I don’t think I can 

i don't understand, why would you want to turn off brightness?

do you just want a dimly-lit image at all times?

The only times I don't like HDR is when I'm playing a video game and its actually making me feel sleepy, and the HDR is making me feel like I need to turn off the tv and go to sleep. But that because I'm actually tired.

37 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i don't understand, why would you want to turn off brightness?

do you just want a dimly-lit image at all times?

The only times I don't like HDR is when I'm playing a video game and its actually making me feel sleepy, and the HDR is making me feel like I need to turn off the tv and go to sleep. But that because I'm actually tired.

Dolby vision. And hdr seem to turn down brightness to me. The standard vivid is way brighter 

3 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Dolby vision. And hdr seem to turn down brightness to me. The standard vivid is way brighter 

There's a vivid HDR mode.

Chances are when you are watching a movie, it goes into CINEMA mode or Movie mode, even with HDR on.

And it goes into those cinema modes because its faithfully reproducing  the color and brightness for movies.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

There's a vivid HDR mode.

Chances are when you are watching a movie, it goes into CINEMA mode or Movie mode, even with HDR on.

And it goes into those cinema modes because its faithfully reproducing  the color and brightness for movies.

The problem is vivid hdr is worse than just vivid. To me, it’s not even close 

the problem is .. how do I turn hdr off? I’d rather just use regular vivid and not be locked into the hdr version of vivid if I’m playing hdr content 

5 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

The problem is vivid hdr is worse than just vivid. To me, it’s not even close 

the problem is .. how do I turn hdr off? I’d rather just use regular vivid and not be locked into the hdr version of vivid if I’m playing hdr content 

I think its the setting button, go into All Settings, in the Pictures tab go down to "Expert Controls" and then one of the first options should be "Dynamic Contrast" and if its set to On, turn it Off.