[CONFIRMED] PS5 capped at 640gb, no SSD expansion and no external HDD for storage

https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2020/11/06/the-ps5-doesnt-support-external-hard-drives-for-ps5-games/

wtf :D 

cows are stuck with 640GBs total on PS5 for the foreseeable future, you will have to constantly delete games and redownload them, and can’t store them and transfer them to the SSD 

Edited by ghostz life matters
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to you can't store PS5 games on an external HDD - Push Square, Gamespot
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to [CONFIRMED] PS5 capped at 640gb, no SSD expansion and no external HDD for storage

Lmao sheep you can't even fit games on cartridge :D buying a game and then being told to fuck off and download it. ROFF!

Seems to me storage has hit a breaking point for consoles. None of them can manage price/storage. At least on PC I have the option of paying out the ass for more space :reg: and I can slam a new one in there anytime.

I have a good SSD and a trusty retro HDD. HDD has actually been fine for me, perhaps this gen it will change but I guess I can leave it for the older games.

• Haha 1

How bad this is hinges on if they’ve fixed PSN speeds really. My PC has about this (well, it’s a 1tb, but my PC also has a lot of non-game related stuff taking up space) and it’s fine because I can download a 50gb game on steam in the time it takes me to have a shit. 

PSN has historically been unstable dogshit when it comes to speeds though. So if that stays the same this could be a bad time. 

Either way, not too worried. Don’t typically play that many games at the same time. Would suck if you keep things like CoD installed I guess. 

My PS4 right now:

Dark Souls - 8gb

Hollow Knight - 10

Rocket League - 18

RE2 - 25

FF7 - 86

TLOU2 - 83

Bloodborne - 36

MHW - 20

Sekiro - 17

HZD - 50

Still under 350 for 10 games with two being on the larger side. 

Edited by Casual
8 minutes ago, Nightshade79 said:

Transferring PS5 games to an external will be patched in within 1 month. M.2 SSD's in 3 months. M.2 drive is totally superior to M$ and their locked 1st party memory cards.

Hopes and dreams™

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.