NBA2k21 and COD take up 50% of PS5s HDD

I think this is going to be an unavoidable caveat of next gen for all platforms (including PC). As more and more games include dedicated 4K textures, storage sizes are just going to continue getting bigger and bigger. We'll just have to get in the habit of deleting unused games & those we don't plan on firing up anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think this is going to be an unavoidable caveat of next gen for all platforms (including PC). As more and more games include dedicated 4K textures, storage sizes are just going to continue getting bigger and bigger. We'll just have to get in the habit of deleting unused games & those we don't plan on firing up anytime soon.

Or you know.. If you’re on any other platform you can simply expand your storage :D 

• dead 1
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So because console plebs can't expand their storage, we can't either? :mjpls:

• dead 1
3 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

How many hermits have 2-3gb PCIe4.0 NVMe drives? Not a large amount, the average PC gamer is going to be in the same situation unless they want to drop >$400 on a single drive.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How many hermits have 2-3gb PCIe4.0 NVMe drives? Not a large amount, the average PC gamer is going to be in the same situation unless they want to drop >$400 on a single drive.

I have one 1TB. Lmaoooo you’re poor with that 3gb nvme

3 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Twinky :hest: 

I have 3TB of SSD storage and 4TB of HDD storage... and I can move things back and forth as I please :hehe: 

At least on Series X you can buy expansion cards and swap them like game carts.  On PS5 you literally have to power down the console and "install" a compatible drive :tom: 

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

I have 3TB of SSD storage and 4TB of HDD storage... and I can move things back and forth as I please :hehe: 

At least on Series X you can buy expansion cards and swap them like game carts.  On PS5 you literally have to power down the console and "install" a compatible drive :tom: 

but you don’t have a pcie4 based drive which is closest to the architecture used by these consoles, so my point still stands :reg: 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

but you don’t have a pcie4 based drive which is closest to the architecture used by these consoles, so my point still stands :reg: 

I don't need one :cosby2: 

And by the time I do need one.. I will have one... and can replace every drive with a PCIe 4 drive.. as I wish. :reg: 

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't need one :cosby2: 

And by the time I do need one.. I will have one... and can replace every drive with a PCIe 4 drive.. as I wish. :reg: 

Yeah I guess you don’t need one because even if you did, the ps5 would still run circles around it when it comes to game loading times :reg: 

I've got a laptop the height of a quarter, with 1.5 TB of SSD space. 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I guess you don’t need one because even if you did, the ps5 would still run circles around it when it comes to game loading times :reg: 

Once again, for the 3-5 games you can install at any one time.

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I've got a laptop the height of a quarter, with 1.5 TB of SSD space. 

Once again, for the 3-5 games you can install at any one time.

yeah buts its clearly worth the trade off. Most people won’t even need to have more than 3-5 games installed at once.

54 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've got 1.5 TB in a laptop the height of a loonie; for desktops it's a non-issue apart from your Mobo's capabilities - point is you can do something about it; upgrade to a larger size, a faster drive, or just add another drive entirely.

I mean if the difference is 7 secs on PS5 vs 13 secs on a Gen4 NVMe, who really cares at hour 60 of the game? The point is you're no longer dealing with mechanical harddrives

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh yea? We'll see about that when I have a 7GB/s drive and DirectStorage is on PC :reg: