PS5s are bricking left and right, has yours? Tick tick...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lemmings bricked a long time ago 

lmao console peasants

There's reports of coil whine in PS5s as well.   Maybe that's just cow whine I dunno

Lots of Series X's are dying/dead too.  They wont even turn on lmao

There's multiple reports of this as well.

But just like with all tech, issues are overwhelmingly reported due to the nature of the internet these days.

Still, hopefully it's nothing too widespread. :holeup:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yes.  That type of artifacting is usually caused by memory being clocked too high.

Yeah.  I remember a long time ago having a Riva TNT2 card that was doing that.  So I replaced the heat sink with a bigger heatsink and fan combo that also went over the ram, replaced factory thermal pasted too.  Fixed the issue.  

The worst thing about the ps5 is that it can’t be kept in a small enclosure. It blows out a lot of hot air (but the unit stays quiet and cool). I have it upright, next to my tv, for proper ventilation. That shit will fry if I keep it in the same place I used for my ps4 pro/one x. I’ll finally get my series x on Wednesday (too lazy to drive an hour to pick it up sooner). Once I get it, I’ll be curious as to how it compares. I can tell the series x will have a smarter form factor. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

The worst thing about the ps5 is that it can’t be kept in a small enclosure. It blows out a lot of hot air (but the unit stays quiet and cool). I have it upright, next to my tv, for proper ventilation. That shit will fry if I keep it in the same place I used for my ps4 pro/one x. I’ll finally get my series x on Wednesday (too lazy to drive an hour to pick it up sooner). Once I get it, I’ll be curious as to how it compares. I can tell the series x will have a smarter form factor. 

You're going to be pleasantly surprised with the Series X. It's not quiet, quiet would mean it's making some kind of audible noise, it's quite literally silent. It doesn't matter what you're doing or how much of a load you're throwing at it the non-existent audibility does not change. The only way you can hear it is if you literally take your ear and put it up to the grill on the top of the system, and even then it's just this incredibly low pitched sound of circulating air. 

If the light on the console was not on you wouldn't know the system was. 

44 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're going to be pleasantly surprised with the Series X. It's not quiet, quiet would mean it's making some kind of audible noise, it's quite literally silent. It doesn't matter what you're doing or how much of a load you're throwing at it the non-existent audibility does not change. The only way you can hear it is if you literally take your ear and put it up to the grill on the top of the system, and even then it's just this incredibly low pitched sound of circulating air. 

If the light on the console was not on you wouldn't know the system was. 

Well I mean it's not running any next gen games so how hard is it really being pushed?

24 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Well I mean it's not running any next gen games so how hard is it really being pushed?

Of course it is, even under an RT load it doesn't make a sound. Stop making stupid shit posts, and for once in your life act normal. Also you have a grave misunderstanding of rendering and processing workloads, a last generation game can tax a system just as hard depending on the way it's configured. They both can spike to the same wattages which is where the result of heat and cooling come into play. When not playing a game the system doesn't even output any heat, you can put your hand right over the grill and there's nothing and you don't even feel air movement. 

It really is a feat of engineering, I'd go as far as saying it's the best designed console hardware ever created. 

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Of course it is, even under an RT load it doesn't make a sound. Stop making stupid shit posts, and for once in your life act normal. Also you have a grave misunderstanding of rendering and processing workloads, a last generation game can tax a system just as hard depending on the way it's configured. They both can spike to the same wattages which is where the result of heat and cooling come into play. When not playing a game the system doesn't even output any heat, you can put your hand right over the grill and there's nothing and you don't even feel air movement. 

It really is a feat of engineering, I'd go as far as saying it's the best designed console hardware ever created. 

It looks like a fucking toaster.  Shit/ten on aesthetics.

20 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I thought the same exact thing after switch from pos4 to an OG Xbox One.

Thing was absolutely silent.

The One X is the same, if not quieter.