Hostages taken at Ubisoft Montreal (No threat identified and everybody is safe)

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/11/13/important-operation-policiere-pres-dubisoft

The incident happened 45 minutes ago.

They've taken hostage (no details on whether they're Ubisoft employees or not).

The suspects entered the premises and shortly after they made their way to Ubisoft office.

There is mention of employees barricading themselves in a conference room (again, no mention if its Ubisoft employees).

Most Ubisoft employees hightailed to the roof and barricaded the door from outside. Pics of the roof can be seen in the article I linked above. Direct link to the pic for those who can't access the website.

The suspects have made a ransom demand (but no details about what they asked).

Video of the roof:

4 minutes ago, Bodycount V said:

Holy fucking shit, pass this building everyday, used to work there, still have friends who work there, and live a few blocks away

In fucking sane

so glad I’m not there anymore LOL

It used to be a cool residential area...gentrification 😒

Have lived there since I was little, property value exploded over the past decade as all the hipsters and tech companies moved in, my parents made out like bandits. Surprised this would happen in such an artsy area. It’s all cafe’s and tech joints, the RTINGS.co. Office is right next to it too

lmao

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Hostages taken at Ubisoft Montreal (No threat identified and everybody is safe)