Official Demon's Souls (PS5) discussion thread

Just beat the first boss (Phalanx) Im surprised at how much of the game I remember. Have also barely even died which is an achievement, I guess I have years of other Souls games to thank for that.

Chose the knight class which Im already regretting cause they start off with the fat roll :mjcry:

Yeah it's amazing how much of that opening area I actually remembered. Probably cause I did it a million times originally lol

I got to and beat the phalanx without a single death, now I'm just leveling up slowly. 
The game is gorgeous. I would trust Bluepoint with pretty much any IP now. 

37 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They gave weight to the healing grass can't stack them up much anymore.

I was wondering why I was already getting close to reaching the weight limit.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of all the changes/additions they made. Some stuff seems very different, for example I picked up a armor set thats exclusively for the female body type, but I don't remember that being a thing in the original (unless im just misremembering).

Just now, Twinblade said:

I was wondering why I was alrady getting close to reaching the weight limit.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of all the changes/additions they made. Some stuff seems very different, for example I picked up a armor set thats exclusively for the female body type, but I don't remember that being a thing in the original (unless im just misremembering).

Ancient King was male only and that other NPC female invader armour was female only.

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Ancient King was male only and that other NPC female invader armour was female only.

I found a thief/rogue looking armor set in the first area thats female only. It seemed perfect for me too, I need to get rid of the default knight armor so I can roll normally.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-culture/2020/11/16/demons-souls-on-ps5-has-a-new-secret

At the end of a backalley, there's a wall. No big deal. Hit it, and it reveals a new door, a door that was not in the original game. However, the door is locked, and as of today, no one has figured out how to get past it. Curious players have used photomode to peek behind the gate, leading out to an open area that may contain an item. What is it? Nobody has figured that out yet.

:lupe:

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Taking my time with this and loving it! Only 5 bosses down so far but pretty much exploring every passage. Game is a joy to play.

It's a beautiful game for sure.  The lighting is just incredible.

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's a beautiful game for sure.  The lighting is just incredible.

Playing in performance mode and it still looks insane. It's defs a game where the insane visuals are adding a ton to the atmosphere, especially since these locations are spectacular.

The short load times are also a game changer. Getting back in after deaths or like the speed of being able to do farming runs (going nexus and back) is so good. 

One small thing I had forgotten about the game is how unforgiving it can be. It's not the hardest Souls game but the level design and 'shortcut' unlocks of the games that followed this make Demons Souls one of the most unforgiving in the franchise. Dying to a boss and having to go through 10-15min of enemies to get to the boss sometimes really ups that tension in the boss fight. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Playing in performance mode and it still looks insane. It's defs a game where the insane visuals are adding a ton to the atmosphere, especially since these locations are spectacular.

The short load times are also a game changer. Getting back in after deaths or like the speed of being able to do farming runs (going nexus and back) is so good. 

One small thing I had forgotten about the game is how unforgiving it can be. It's not the hardest Souls game but the level design and 'shortcut' unlocks of the games that followed this make Demons Souls one of the most unforgiving in the franchise. Dying to a boss and having to go through 10-15min of enemies to get to the boss sometimes really ups that tension in the boss fight. 

Yea.  I watched the DF vid.  Performance mode really doesn't lose too much other than a bit of resolution.. which really isn't terribly noticeable due to a great temporal upscaling implementation.  What makes the game look incredible is everything else.

And yea, I spent many a night getting punished to hell in that game... and I cherish it to this day :glad:  The world tendency and character tendency can really affect the gameplay lol.  Like you said.. at least now you're not waiting 30sec between deaths to play again. :fblike: 

4 minutes ago, nitric said:

I just found out BP isn’t using ray tracing in the game. How does it look so good then?!?!

Tons of dynamic lights and volumetric effects give the game it's atmosphere.. from there it's the textures and tessellation which really bring everything together.  Really detailed, and really beautifully lit.  When the global lighting is static, they can really afford to go crazy in other ways.

• Like 1