This is rendered in real-time in Unreal Engine 4.26 on an RTX 3090

I time stamped it because the other parts of the video go over the production and how UE is changing both cinema and TV workflows and development environments.

Those feathers on the bird are not the typical cards that would be used to imitate hair or feathers.. they're actually 3d geometry strands, built like real feathers would be.  There's millions of them in that model.  Absolutely insane stuff.

Edited by Remij
  • aitch 1

the part after the short where they went to the zoo to study meercats is cool. it's always interesting how much detail you have to put in to get a real life-like result. I also like to think we will never be able to truly recreate it. 

also for some reason when he zoomed out and you can see how "small" the actual 3d environment is where the short takes place. I always found its cool to have a ground level and a skybox filled with stuff in the actual playable area or the stuff they want you to see but outside its just empty. makes me wonder about our universe if it's like that for us too. :jordan3:

• Like 1
  • Ben 1
20 minutes ago, kazi said:

the part after the short where they went to the zoo to study meercats is cool. it's always interesting how much detail you have to put in to get a real life-like result. I also like to think we will never be able to truly recreate it. 

also for some reason when he zoomed out and you can see how "small" the actual 3d environment is where the short takes place. I always found its cool to have a ground level and a skybox filled with stuff in the actual playable area or the stuff they want you to see but outside its just empty. makes me wonder about our universe if it's like that for us too. :jordan3:

:dwill:

• Haha 1