VGTech: Call of Duty Cold War PS5 vs Series X - uh oh part 2

Just now, Goukosan said:

Which "many" games (Non BC) are you talking about? 

The point which you're purposely trying to miss is... without it being optimized for either system PS5 is giving you better results. 

The point you're clearly missing is that it's not 2x faster :smilecry: 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ohhh it was sarcasm now was it? 🤣    

I didn't say it.    Oh wait I did.... see I think I was right.    no wait.. I did say it.    Lmfao LemiJ the waffle king.. lmfao  

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

If it's 35% faster unoptimized....will that percentage increase or decrease with optimization? :tom5:

It's not 35% faster unoptimized....

I can post lots of direct comparisons where sometimes they're the same, sometimes Xbox is faster, and sometimes PS5 is faster.

They're very similar.

Just now, Voidler said:

Its explainable that PS5 is more powerful, yes.

It's not.  Sony kept a similar developer environment and toolset that the PS4 had while MS developed a new dev platform which developers are less familiar with.  It's on them for not having their tools in a better state for the launch of the console, because it's quite clear they're coming in hot.

So yea, they're owned right now... but like I said.. it's not going to last.

It's easy to maintain 120hz

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1CXW167MudfhuhOjscNSc8Vvs6YEuQ21dXDWkjJCpJQk/htmlview#gid=0

PS5 maintains 120 FPS 94% of the time, Series X maintains 120 FPS 91% of the time. Series X experiences more frequent frame drops lower minimums at 92 FPS with higher torn frames

Series X was a mistake. RDNA1 CUs already showing their limits

Please spend $100 more for weaker hardware :omglol:

It's easy to do 120hz at dynamic 4k.

Series X does it native.

3 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

It's easy to maintain 120hz

It's easy to do 120hz at dynamic 4k.

Series X does it native.

No it doesn't, they are both dynamic you dope. From the video:

PS5 at 120fps, Series X at 120fps and Series S use a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest resolution found being 1280x1200.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not.  Sony kept a similar developer environment and toolset that the PS4 had while MS developed a new dev platform which developers are less familiar with.  It's on them for not having their tools in a better state for the launch of the console, because it's quite clear they're coming in hot.

So yea, they're owned right now... but like I said.. it's not going to last.

A new dev platform. DX12 is a new dev platform?:kaz:

Xbox is choked up with bottlenecks. It is a weaker system in real world scenarios

Both systems will have maturing dev tools. The advantage will only get more pronounced as devs move into PS5 priority development and base their game design around the PS5 architecture. 

Xbox will always have the directx, split RAM, Series S, slower drive, slower throughput, RDNA1 CUs bottlenecking the system. All while getting less development resources 

9 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Lemij going hard with the damage control :kaz:

REALLY HARD. Remij was losing the "dev tools" argument that he intentionally moved the argument over to "SSD load times" and hoping we didn't notice.

The whole "dev tools are behind" excuse is not really believable considering that its Microsoft, and they also said that they were the only console "who has the FULL RDNA 2 feature set" which means that is should've been easier to provide AMD's documentation and AMD's own support staff to assist developers.

So what are they saying? Sony customized their own hardware, which meant they had to provide their own customized support and tools to developers, and they did a better job than a MUCH larger company, who has a 30 year history of specifically doing those things? Are we actually supposed to believe that?

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

REALLY HARD. Remij was losing the "dev tools" argument that he intentionally moved the argument over to "SSD load times" and hoping we didn't notice.

The whole "dev tools are behind" excuse is not really believable considering that its Microsoft, and they also said that they were the only console "who has the FULL RDNA 2 feature set" which means that is should've been easier to provide AMD's documentation and AMD's own support staff to assist developers.

So what are they saying? Sony customized their own hardware, which meant they had to provide their own customized support and tools to developers, and they did a better job than a MUCH larger company, who has a 30 year history of specifically doing those things? Are we actually supposed to believe that?

Nope.. Sorry.. it's already been reported on.

"There's no doubt that on paper the Xbox Series X is more powerful," Leadbetter said.

"However, speaking to developers, the development environment they're dealing with...some people seem to be extremely happy with it, other people are having problems with it. Microsoft has moved away from what was previously the XDK, which was specific for Xbox, to the GDK, which is a more general development environment for PC, Xbox Series S/X, and Xbox One.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75258/playstation-5-is-easier-to-make-games-for-devs-having-issues-on-xbox/index.html

They've changed the dev kit environment from XDK to GDK and their improving/bringing new tools in for developers to better take advantage of all the platforms they support.  Those tools aren't done yet.. and they are continually being worked on.

Now we know why MS hasn't been showing Series X/S games until so close to launch.. also explains why a lot of their games are far away at this point.

And yes Jehurey... it makes sense that a company who only has to focus on 1 dev environment for their platform has their tools farther along...  There's of course also the rumors that say MS waited longer for better AMD tech :shrug: 

Just now, Remij said:

Nope.. Sorry.. it's already been reported on.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75258/playstation-5-is-easier-to-make-games-for-devs-having-issues-on-xbox/index.html

They've changed the dev kit environment from XDK to GDK and their improving/bringing new tools in for developers to better take advantage of all the platforms they support.  Those tools aren't done yet.. and they are continually being worked on.

Now we know why MS hasn't been showing Series X/S games until so close to launch.. also explains why a lot of their games are far away at this point.

And yes Jehurey... it makes sense that a company who only has to focus on 1 dev environment for their platform has their tools farther along...  There's of course also the rumors that say MS waited longer for better AMD tech :shrug: 

Yeah............you also said that "devs have trouble with PS5 tools" was also "reported on"

Turned out that was bullshit.

You're running out of excuses.

15 minutes ago, Voidler said:

A new dev platform. DX12 is a new dev platform?:kaz:

Xbox is choked up with bottlenecks. It is a weaker system in real world scenarios

Both systems will have maturing dev tools. The advantage will only get more pronounced as devs move into PS5 priority development and base their game design around the PS5 architecture. 

Xbox will always have the directx, split RAM, Series S, slower drive, slower throughput, RDNA1 CUs bottlenecking the system. All while getting less development resources 

:cmpunk1:

Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah............you also said that "devs have trouble with PS5 tools" was also "reported on"

Turned out that was bullshit.

You're running out of excuses.

Nope.  Both can be true.... just like in the quote Richard says some developers love the new GDK and others are having issues with it. :shrug: 

Just now, jehurey said:

Except it wasn't.

That's whats hilarious, you're just spinning more and more plates.

Yea it is.  You're never going to have a better source for Capcom RE teams than Dusk Golem.  And we have video proof of the shitty framerate in RE8 to back it up.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea it is.  You're never going to have a better source for Capcom RE teams than Dusk Golem.  And we have video proof of the shitty framerate in RE8 to back it up.

No it isn't. You're operating on complete hearsay, and we have real-world proof of games running better on PS5.

You give developers the benefit of the doubt on Xbox, but you do the very opposite with Capcom and PS5.

That's makes it more than obvious that you're just a Xbox fanboy.  A lemming.

The more you operate on HEARSAY...............the more fanboyish you sound.............you are literally rejecting what you clearly see with your eyes, and going with rumors.

That's a fanboy..............you're a lemming xbox fanboy. And I love that you really are trying, because you end up making yourself looking more and more fanboyish.

Just now, jehurey said:

No it isn't. You're operating on complete hearsay, and we have real-world proof of games running better on PS5.

You give developers the benefit of the doubt on Xbox, but you do the very opposite with Capcom and PS5.

That's makes it more than obvious that you're just a Xbox fanboy.  A lemming.

The more you operate on HEARSAY...............the more fanboyish you sound.............you are literally rejecting what you clearly see with your eyes, and going with rumors.

That's a fanboy..............you're a lemming xbox fanboy. And I love that you really are trying, because you end up making yourself looking more and more fanboyish.

Uh... no.  You have framerates showing PS5 slightly ahead of the Series X for the most part.. with some dips here and there in COD.  You have 3 modes in DMC5SE which perform better on Series X than PS5.. and one mode that doesn't.  AC Valhalla, you have extremely similar performance for both... but one has vsync for some reason and both drop frames.

And no... I give developers the benefit of the doubt.. when it's reasonable to give.  With regards to PS5 and Capcom... I believe what Dusk Golem said is true... BECAUSE I CAN SEE THE ISSUE WITH MY OWN EYES IN MULTIPLE PS5 TRAILERS FOR THE GAME....

Can they fix it?  We'll see... it may have to be downgraded from what it was going to be with RT.. who knows?

Sorry Jer... but when I post quotes from respected industry folk and insiders who state X and Y.. which back up my claims... doesn't make me a fanboy.  In fact, I can easily throw the same accusation back at you... you think there's no issue with RE8 on PS5.. and that Capcom can release the game with no issues... but yet when it comes to MS dev kits not being as far along... and certain games at launch performing under the PS5 version means that's the way it is and that things wont change...

You guys are the biggest fanboys :D