Paper spec differnce - PS5 and Series X are basically the same shit in real performance

PS5 is more powerful in practice as the games show

Not only will MS never compete with Sony first party graphically, they will be behind on multiplats too. The advantage will only increase as more devs start development on PS5 first without the last gen anchor and SSD and Geometry Engine advantages come to fruition

Rough gen coming up for lemtots

1 minute ago, Vini said:

You're basing this off launch titles? 

What do you think is more likely to benefit over the next 4 years of optimization the SSD or the extra 2 teraflops.  

I got news for you. 

Interviewer - ''I am expecting the XSX going further than the PS5 as the gen goes on, we can talk about that, just the raw specs, that's a big divide''. ''That's a significant power divide no?''

David (Dirt 5 Dev) : It really does depend tho, let's go back at that scenario where 2 teams at AMD get split of, there is a conversation happening between the team and the costumer, Sony or MS, and Sony says, Look we want this thermal throttling thing, how far is going to push the hardware, because now you have so many hardware threads on CPU you can churn through code very fast, that leave me with a lot of headroom to overclock the GPU and how much further it's gonna go, and optimizations for that might be different because of the layouts of CU on XSX in contrast, so I am just not sure. 

lol Xbox... slow and wide.. lol

43 minutes ago, Vini said:

You're basing this off launch titles? 

What do you think is more likely to benefit over the next 4 years of optimization the SSD or the extra 2 teraflops.  

probably having exclusives built from the ground up for a specific architecture.

too bad xbox doesn't have those.

19 minutes ago, Vini said:

Good thing it has Bethesda now. 

Bethesda is good for maybe one AAA a gen and it's always best on PC.

They haven't developed a good game in 10 years.

Edited by Casual
11 minutes ago, Casual said:

Bethesda is good for maybe one AAA a gen and it's always best on PC.

They haven't developed a good game in 10 years.

I can't wait to hear all the excuses for all the devs MS is gonna buy 

Just now, Vini said:

I can't wait to hear all the excuses for all the devs MS is gonna buy 

Most of them aren't even notable enough to need excuses for.

Has MS ever bought a dev that went on to make a good game for one of their consoles? Not a coincidence that Rare hasn't made a good game since MS bought them.