Digital Foundry - Assassin's Creed Valhalla

While there are problems on both systems, Xbox Series X obviously fares worse. To put things into context, Valhalla targets 60 frames per second, but when the engine is under heavy load and can't render a new frame within the 16.7ms target, it'll present the new frame when it's good and ready, while your screen is updating. This causes screen tearing. Both systems can have issues here, especially in cutscenes, and sometimes in gameplay. However, the key takeaway is that PlayStation 5 is much closer to the 60fps target more of the time, while Xbox Series X can struggle. In fact, at its worst, we noted PS5 delivering a 15 per cent performance advantage over its Microsoft equivalent in identical scenarios.

Beyond performance matters, it's pretty clear that Assassin's Creed Valhalla still needs a lot of work - especially on Xbox platforms. We encountered plenty of bugs playing this game: in addition to some weird performance bottlenecks on Series consoles, we also noted that camera motion doesn't update with a linear relationship to frame-rate during cutscenes, meaning some ugly looking stutter even with the engine actually running flat-out at 60fps (PS5 is fine here).

x was a mistake

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

LemiJ and the lemmings 🤣

I play this game at native 4K with gsync.. the fuck you laughing at sheep ass bitch...:smilecry:

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

Please wait for the power of the cloud

Sheep waiting for the streaming version :kaz: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

I play this game at native 4K with gsync.. the fuck you laughing at sheep ass bitch...:smilecry:

Sheep waiting for the streaming version :kaz: 

LemiJ - bbbbbut the PS5 tools are giving developers issues.... my sources told me so :awww:

LOL about the section of bugs in this game though.  I've had some hilarious ones.  I was performing a raid, and there's buildings with doors that are closed and you have to "force" them open by calling an NPC raider to help you bash open the door.  So I got to the door, held Y to call another raider to help me and while I'm waiting for the other guy to get there my character is doing a bashing the door animation, that's fine... that's normal... but then the other guy gets there and my character stops bashing the door as he starts bashing it.... so I release Y and try to do it again and I start bashing the door and he stops.. then right after I stop, he starts bashing it again.. I did this 3 times... and during the whole thing before each character bashes the door they call out "hey, help me with this door" to the other character.

lmao, it was the funniest shit :D 

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

Please wait for the power of the cloud

lmao I remember that. That was like what, 5-7 years ago microsoft started peddling that? another lie.

Like when Albert pencildick was running around on GAF straight up lying about how multiplats would be best on xbox 1 :roff: and all the suckers ate it up.

"No way would a microsoft employee from the xbox division come on here and lie to me about their product! no way man!!"

31 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

lmao I remember that. That was like what, 5-7 years ago microsoft started peddling that? another lie.

Like when Albert pencildick was running around on GAF straight up lying about how multiplats would be best on xbox 1 :roff: and all the suckers ate it up.

"No way would a microsoft employee from the xbox division come on here and lie to me about their product! no way man!!"

People have fallen for their lies again, and MS are getting better at lying

There are going to be a lot of people regretting their Series X purchase based on getting better multiplats

20201119_094100.thumb.jpg.7adf51d34c3546a51dd58a282c0f821b.jpg

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

People have fallen for their lies again, and MS are getting better at lying

There are going to be a lot of people regretting their Series X purchase based on getting better multiplats

20201119_094100.thumb.jpg.7adf51d34c3546a51dd58a282c0f821b.jpg

Don't get carried away Voidler... it'll come back to bite you.

Gotta give credit where its due.

I can't think of any other business executive that has managed to convince people to give them $400-$500 three times in four years, as Phil Spencer duped these idiotic lemmings into giving to Microsoft.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Gotta give credit where its due.

I can't think of any other business executive that has managed to convince people to give them $400-$500 three times in four years, as Phil Spencer duped these idiotic lemmings into giving to Microsoft.

Duped you and your brother too :lul: