Cyberpunk 2077 Updated System Requirements (Yellow background trigger warning)

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Can't wait to see the official comparisons where there will be almost no discernible difference, except the PC footage comes from $2000 equipment while the console footage was captured from $500 hardware.

😐

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hermits a few years ago: 'wow, check out this $600 PC that blows away consoles!'   Hermits now: 'Your $1200 PC sux newb. Should have refinanced your house and spent $252589 instead.'  

Getting for PS5. PC gaming is overrated and overpriced.

lmao consoles. Choose between Ray Tracing or 60fps for 8 years. Enjoy the bottom of the barrel, twinblade; it'll match your intellect

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Can't wait to see the official comparisons where there will be almost no discernible difference, except the PC footage comes from $2000 equipment while the console footage was captured from $500 hardware.

Didn’t you just build a pc? Or did you fuck something up again and being an angsty on the internet about pc gaming 

1 hour ago, nitric said:

Didn’t you just build a pc? Or did you fuck something up again and being an angsty on the internet about pc gaming 

Yeah I built a PC so I know first hand how much of a waste of money PC gaming is nowadays. $1200-$1300 later and I don't even land in the middle of these charts (despite almost every component being recent)....what a joke.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The difference between 30/60fps (depending on the mode) and 100/144fps will be extremely discernable. 

As for visual effects, I'm willing to say will be easily discernable. Unless you post small gifs. I'm talking full sized shot vs full sized shot, no compression. I'd bet DF will also notice differences as they usually do on PC vs Console.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I built a PC so I know first hand how much of a waste of money PC gaming is nowadays. $1200-$1300 later and I don't even land in the middle of these charts (despite almost every component being recent)....what a joke.

So you bought a mid range pc and are mad you fall in the middle of the specs requirement? 

35 minutes ago, nitric said:

So you bought a mid range pc and are mad you fall in the middle of the specs requirement? 

how is $1000+ on a PC mid range? I’ve had no problems almost maxing out games at 60fps during previous gens. PC gamers are getting scammed by greedy hardware manufacturers and you don’t even realize it.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

how is $1000+ on a PC mid range? I’ve had no problems almost maxing out games at 60fps during previous gens. PC gamers are getting scammed by greedy hardware manufacturers and you don’t even realize it.

You think your cpu is a high end machine? For $1200 for a build from the ground up? 

1 hour ago, nitric said:

This is exactly what he does.  It's also what Jonb does too.

Instead of buying a good high end PC that would actually last him 7 years.. he buys mid-ranged/low end shit, then complains he wants to upgrade again in a couple years.

Funny thing is now consoles are being upgraded every 3 years too :mj: 

He only "feels better" about it, because he's only spending $500 on a console... whereas if he just spent the money upfront, he'd have a machine that smokes consoles right from the very beginning, and could easily resell the GPU/CPU too of they are high end parts for a LARGE chunk of what any new upgrade would cost.

People were selling 2080ti's for MORE THAN WHAT THEY PAID FOR IT 2 YEARS AGO Twinky.... lmao.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if you play the PC market right... you're always on the highest end of hardware, and upgrades don't end up costing you a lot.. because the parts resell for good prices.

1 hour ago, nitric said:

You think your cpu is a high end machine? For $1200 for a build from the ground up? 

Ryzen 7 3700x cpu

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2 x 16gb DDR4 3600 ram

Gigabyte X570 Aorus mobo

Seasonic Focus GX-750 750w 80+ Gold psu

Gigabyte Aorus Elite NVMe PCIe 4.0 M2 1 TB drive

Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 

How is this a mid range PC? The only weak link is the video card, but it should still be able to blow past the $500 consoles.

I've spent more on this build than any other of my PCs in the past, yet the performance gains are SIGNIFCANTLY lower than what I got during previous gens. PC components are insanely overpriced for what you get nowadays, the fact that you guys still can't see this is baffling.

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ryzen 7 3700x cpu

Gigabyte X570 Aorus mobo

Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 

How is this a mid range PC? The only weak link is the video card, but it should still be able to blow past the $500 consoles.

I've spent more on this build than any other of my PCs in the past, yet the performance gains are SIGNIFCANTLY lower than what I got during previous gens. PC components are insanely overpriced for what you get nowadays, the fact that you guys still can't see this is baffling.

Sell the 1660 Ti for $250

buy 3070 For $550.

That would make your system a $1500 system instead of $1200

Your system would  get 25% more expensive for 100% more performance.

This is why GPU Value Charts don’t make sense,   Best value/performance is around a $500-600 dollar GPU when taking into account the rest of the PC’s cost 

49 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ryzen 7 3700x cpu

Gigabyte X570 Aorus mobo

Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 

x570 for 3000 series CPU :mj:

750w psu for 1660ti :mj:

1660ti :mj:

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The only weak link is the video card

So the biggest factor on performance is your weak link? Like come on, dude. You could swap your 3700X to a 3600, X570 with a B450, cut your RAM in half, drop down to a cheaper, less efficient PSU, just gone with a PCIE3.0 SSD, and used all that savings to go with a better GPU and you'd have twice the performance. The GPU is everything in a gaming computer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ryzen 7 3700x cpu

Gigabyte X570 Aorus mobo

Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 

Dude you are trolling right? Like I'm asking genuinely..you have a 1660ti and you're asking why you have a midrange PC? Fuck is wrong with you? You just dumb all around?

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Multiple outlets are confirming that AMD video card will not be able to have ray-tracing for Cyberpunk at launch.

It seems to be matching up with that video of the game running on Xbox consoles in which they don't appear to be using ray-tracing at all, but rather just screenspace reflections.

If that is the case, then the PS4/PS5 is in the same exact boat as the Xbox versions. After all, there is no real PS5 or XsX version, they're just last-gen console versions that will probably be patched to have better framerate.

You..............really don't know what you are talking about. no surprise there, obviously.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

So the biggest factor on performance is your weak link? Like come on, dude. You could swap your 3700X to a 3600, X570 with a B450, cut your RAM in half, drop down to a cheaper, less efficient PSU, just gone with a PCIE3.0 SSD, and used all that savings to go with a better GPU and you'd have twice the performance. The GPU is everything in a gaming computer.

I would still need to drop $700 minimum on a GPU that would compete with consoles if I wanted to be able to run games at 4K. 

I paid $500 for a 980 GTX 5 years ago which I found hard to justify, but it still managed to chew threw everything I threw at it at 2K for YEARS. And I went with similar spec hardware for this time except I went cheaper with the video card (and splurged a bit more on the SSD).

If you look at  benchmarks, even the 3080 is barely scraping by when it comes to 4K for early gen games. How does that bode well for games 1, 2, or 3 years down the line? You'll have to buy a new gpu every 2 years to keep up at this rate. That is completely unreasonable.

Consoles have progressed far quicker than PCs have for a fraction of the price....that is undeniable.

1 hour ago, Pat McCrotch said:

You bought a 1660ti and thought you can max out games? Breh, I hope you're trolling

Except I already spent over $1200 on this PC. 5 years ago I spent LESS on a new PC that shit on everything for that gen and that includes the GPU which alone cost $500. Do you not see the major difference here? I spent more this time yet my PC isn't even close to being futureproof like my last one was....