Dirt 5 analysis (XSS goes as low as 570p)

Lmao. 

Only covering 'next-gen' versions. PS5 Series S|X
- Color tone mapping may appear odd because of capture tools, not an issue in the game.
- Game has 3 modes. Image Quality Mode, Resolution Mode, Performance Mode.

- Image Quality Mode
- Focused on boosting world detail.
- Higher rez shadow, AO, draw distance.
- All versions target 4K but w/ dynamic scaling. 1440p to 4K
- Series S tops out at 1440p but mostly 1080p or below.
- PS5 has higher average resolution and texture filtering.
- Targets 60 FPS and PS5|Series X mostly deliver.
- Both tear a bit, VRR solves Xbox issue.
- Series S the worst of the 3 but not that bad.

- Resolution Mode
- Targets 4K and sticks close to it most often.
- Series S still mostly sticks to 1080p range.
- Details like AO, Shadows etc lower than Image Quality mode.
- Series S has other cut backs like grass levels.
- All 3 consoles give the best performance in this mode. Very stable with very minor slowdown.
- Series S is the slowest of the 3, but very minor difference.

- Frame Rate / Performance Mode
- Targets 120hz w/ dynamic scaling.
- 900p to 1440p avg on PS5/Series X
- Series S as low as 570p.
- Detail level on PS5 is significantly higher than both Xbox versions in this mode
- Cars detail, geometric detail, grass, tessellation, environmental geometry takes a big hit on Xbox consoles.
- DF theorizes this is likely a bug. They have been told the developers are looking into it.
- Feels very very smooth. Series S fares the worst of the 3, but again not by that much.
- 120hz mode is very smooth by and large, PS5 has performance dips on a specific type of track.
- XB Series X feels the smoothest here additionally thanks to VRR

Edited by ghostz life matters
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Dirt 5 analysis (XSS goes as low as 570p)
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

holy fuck

Nah it's not a bug and it's not the Series X hardware.    It's the Series S hardware holding back the series X.    3rd party Developers aren't wasting resources to fully optimize for Both Xbox S and X

The bug is series S 🤣

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

@Remij..... oh oh another one :tom5:

Image Quality Mode

PS5 has higher average resolution and texture filtering.

Performance Mode

Detail level on PS5 is significantly higher than both Xbox versions in this mode. 

Lmfao lemmings lmfao. 

Watch the video if you didn’t, the level of detail missing from xsx is crazy 

5 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Watch the video if you didn’t, the level of detail missing from xsx is crazy 

Oh I did. 

Screenshot-20201121-150037.png

I remember Remij got sooo mad when that engine developer (I forgot his name) did a reaction video for the Series X Verizon of dirt 5 last month.   

The Dev pointed out how the series X version was lacking details...... Remij's lemming Gene's went into overdrive.... calling the guy a hack and saying he doesn't know what he is talking about... how he is biased towards PS etc. 

Fast Forward to today.... DF points out a video basically saying the same shit. 

LemiJ got raped as always 🤣

wtf is series S? :kaz: after all the shit the lemmings gave switch......how is this even considered a next-gen console? is it even more powerful than Xbox One X in every way? I can't find much info which seems to be intentional I think, with microsoft throwing out so much shit and stupid naming schemes.

No matter which xbrick you play on it seems another multiplat is superior on PlayStation. Lemmings pulling the "just wait" card lmao. We've been waiting for 7 years and you've had no games. Now once again you find yourself in a position with no games and inferior multiplats. You deserve this.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Oh I did. 

I remember Remij got sooo mad when that engine developer (I forgot his name) did a reaction video for the Series X Verizon of dirt 5 last month.   

The Dev pointed out how the series X version was lacking details...... Remij's lemming Gene's went into overdrive.... calling the guy a hack and saying he doesn't know what he is talking about... how he is biased towards PS etc. 

Xflop series X ix not a next-gen console.

9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

wtf is series S? :kaz: after all the shit the lemmings gave switch......how is this even considered a next-gen console? is it even more powerful than Xbox One X in every way? I can't find much info which seems to be intentional I think, with microsoft throwing out so much shit and stupid naming schemes.

No matter which xbrick you play on it seems another multiplat is superior on PlayStation. Lemmings pulling the "just wait" card lmao. We've been waiting for 7 years and you've had no games. Now once again you find yourself in a position with no games and inferior multiplats. You deserve this.

Are cows really gonna claim ownage over series S? It's got lower teraflops than the Xbox One X nobody ever claimed it was a next gen system. It's a secondary or casual system

Edited by Vini
3 minutes ago, Vini said:

Are cows really gonna claim ownage over series S? It's got lower teraflops than the Xbox One X nobody ever claimed it was a next gen system. It's a secondary or casual system

So the company you fuckers nuthug all day and shill for puts out an absolute stinker of a system thats weaker than their previous offering and will likely hold back xbox as a whole and somehow this is fine? it's just microsoft setting the bar low. They have no standards.

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

So the company you fuckers nuthug all day and shill for puts out an absolute stinker of a system thats weaker than their previous offering and will likely hold back xbox as a whole and somehow this is fine? it's just microsoft setting the bar low. They have no standards.

No because they were transparent on what they're doing. XSX is the most powerful console on the market. XSS is a lite version that's gonna be $199 next year to cater to Switch buying casuals

Why would I have a problem with that?

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

Please show me a quote of any lemming claiming Series S is next gen

So you want to pretend that lemmings weren't claiming that Series S would run games in 1440p and its just a slightly less powerful series S and that it won't hold back series X? 

I'll do you one better and get it straight from MS. 

"Next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever" 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-s

🤣

Just now, Goukosan said:

So you want to pretend that lemmings weren't claiming that Series S would run games in 1440p and its just a slightly less powerful series S and that it won't hold back series X? 

I'll do you one better and get it straight from MS. 

"Next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever" 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-s

🤣

We didn't even think that shit was real till like 2 weeks before release it was all rumors. 

Just now, Vini said:

We didn't even think that shit was real till like 2 weeks before release it was all rumors. 

You guys thought it was just a slightly weaker series X even when it was just a rumour. 

and then when MS revealed it as a next gen 1440p console you guys believed that shit... lmfao. 

59 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Oh I did. 

:D there's no fucking way that's not a bug :mj: 

and at no point in that reaction video did I ever remember seeing the visuals look like they do on the Series X there...  

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You guys thought it was just a slightly weaker series X even when it was just a rumour. 

and then when MS revealed it as a next gen 1440p console you guys believed that shit... lmfao. 

No... we thought that it was a console that can scale down.... and it is.  Resolution and details will take a hit... we said that :lemming: 

Framerate/Performance mode - 900p-1440p on PS5 and XSX :cruise: 

Idiot Gouko laughing when PS5 is dropping to 900p....  570p on the Series S is better than where you'd expect it to fall.. given that knowledge :hehe: 

Fucking consoles :lul: