Dirt 5 analysis (XSS goes as low as 570p)

I can confirm the PC version is pretty sweet though.  Runs smooth as butter and looks really damn good in motion.

There are times when the lighting makes it look like Halo Infinite though :D 

I just took this shot and you really have to click on it to see it in full resolution to see a lot of detail that is there that is lost on anything less than a 4K monitor.. No wonder Youtube videos can't do it justice.

20201121152621-1.jpg

This is the game maxed out and it doesn't matter what's happening on screen, at 4K native with no dynamic scaling it's locked 60.  I'm pretty impressed.  I'll see what kind of settings it takes to get to a locked 120fps lol

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

holy fuck

Nah it's not a bug and it's not the Series X hardware.    It's the Series S hardware holding back the series X.    3rd party Developers aren't wasting resources to fully optimize for Both Xbox S and X

The bug is series S 🤣

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Xbox is incapable of maintaining quality in 120 FPS mode

That has to be a bug.. in the PC version I can lower settings as far as I possibly can and can not even come close to reproducing something that ugly :smilecry: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

That has to be a bug.. in the PC version I can lower settings as far as I possibly can and can not even come close to reproducing something that ugly :smilecry: 

Dumbest shit I've heard :omglol: 

You think the devs didn't notice the entire visual spectrum- models, textures, resolution etc being worse on Series X?

This is the necessary sacrifice on Series X for 120 FPS. Xbox is only maintaining some closeness of parity (but still worse) on last gen games locking to 60. Once games start pushing for higher levels of performance, it falls away fast

Time to accept Cerny knew what he was doing, he designed the more performant system. MS designed a system that doubles for server racks 

Edited by Voidler
29 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.  It shows a bug :shrug: 

A growing list of Series X games with bugs. :shrug: 

Series S isn't holding back the Series X.  You don't realize how stupid you sound/look trying to blame what's happening here on Series S.  :smilecry: 

The bug is series S 🤣

Edited by Goukosan
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Dumbest shit I've heard :omglol: 

You think the devs didn't notice the entire visual spectrum- models, textures, resolution etc being worse on Series X?

This is the necessary sacrifice on Series X for 120 FPS. Xbox is only maintaining some closeness of parity (but still worse) on last gen games locking to 60. Once games start pushing for higher levels of performance, it falls away fast

Time to accept Cerny knew what he was doing, he designed the more performant system. MS designed a system that doubles for server racks 

ok so I was wrong about not being able to reproduce it on PC.  The fact is, the way this game handles it's settings is really fucking weird/interesting... which leans more into it being an oversight than anything else.. and I bet it gets fixed.

So you have a basic pre-set, then a bunch of tweakable parameters... but the thing is that they utilize that pre-set as a base.  I think the general settings just adjust in increments based off that.. because the way this game works is very dynamic in nature.  On PC though, we can actually set these things to be constant and not adaptive.

Turns out the Series X is rendering the Ultra Low geometry setting:

20201121155804-1.jpg

Here's the next lowest setting... Low:

20201121155813-1.jpg

and then compared to the highest setting:

20201121155822-1.jpg

So I'd say it's a bug that the game is accidentally rendering forced lowest settings when it's actually supposed to be adaptive.

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

ok so I was wrong about not being able to reproduce it on PC.  The fact is, the way this game handles it's settings is really fucking weird/interesting... which leans more into it being an oversight than anything else.. and I bet it gets fixed.

So you have a basic pre-set, then a bunch of tweakable parameters... but the thing is that they utilize that pre-set as a base.  I think the general settings just adjust in increments based off that.. because the way this game works is very dynamic in nature.  On PC though, we can actually set these things to be constant and not adaptive.

Turns out the Series X is rendering the Ultra Low geometry setting:

20201121155804-1.jpg

Here's the next lowest setting... Low:

20201121155813-1.jpg

and then compared to the highest setting:

20201121155822-1.jpg

So I'd say it's a bug that the game is accidentally rendering forced lowest settings when it's actually supposed to be adaptive.

The games has looked like this on Series X since preview builds showing 120 fps in early October. They copped big criticisms for the visuals at that point too. It has now been out 2 weeks and no patch if it's just a simple settings "bug"

Im sure they will add performance improvements on both but its not a bug, this is what they had to do to get Series X running above 60 FPS

And to think this is another game with Xbox marketing :guh:

Just now, Voidler said:

The games has looked like this on Series X since preview builds showing 120 fps in early October. They copped big criticisms for the visuals at that point too. It has now been out 2 weeks and no patch if it's just a simple settings "bug"

Im sure they will add performance improvements on both but its not a bug, this is what they had to do to get Series X running above 60 FPS

And to think this is another game with Xbox marketing :guh:

It's 100% a bug.  

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's 100% a bug.  

Yeah I'm sure nobody in the entirety of Codemasters noticed a whole mode running on the lowest settings prior to launch or in the 2 weeks since :omglol:

Listen to yourself 

Its okay to accept sacrifices were made on Xbox Series consoles in the lead up to launch either because the systems are too weak or have no install base with low projected hardware sales and thus deemed unimportant. Probably both factors 

15 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Yeah I'm sure nobody in the entirety of Codemasters noticed a whole mode running on the lowest settings prior to launch or in the 2 weeks since :omglol:

Listen to yourself 

Its okay to accept sacrifices were made on Xbox Series consoles in the lead up to launch either because the systems are too weak or have no install base with low projected hardware sales and thus deemed unimportant. Probably both factors 

Dude... I'm playing the fucking game... It's a bug lmao.

Know how I know?  The FPS difference between Ultra Low... and Ultra High... is 4 fucking FPS.....

dirt-ultra-low.png

dirt-ultra-high.png

LMAO give me a break dude...  bubub the sacrificed it for performance :lul: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Dude... I'm playing the fucking game... It's a bug lmao.

Know how I know?  The FPS difference between Ultra Low... and Ultra High... is 4 fucking FPS.....

dirt-ultra-low.png

dirt-ultra-high.png

LMAO give me a break dude...  bubub the sacrificed it for performance :lul: 

Lmao in the menu, and hardly on comparable hardware

And the tessellation, texture quality, resolution, environment detail are all significantly lowered on Series X

3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Lmao in the menu, and hardly on comparable hardware

And the tessellation, texture quality, resolution, environment detail are all significantly lowered on Series X

:hest: 

That's during a race.......

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Your damage control is so bad right now. :omglol:

At least the lemmings are smart enough to avoid these threads. You though, not so bright

You're fucking STUPID :cruise: 

I love how I can actually test all these different settings out and show how little some of them matter and smack you in the face with them :tom: 

Both Tessellation and Geometry set to their lowest possible settings

ultralow.png

Now their highest

ultrahigh.png

LOL 6fps :cruise: 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Software shit, repeat 1000x, close thread.

This shit is temporary. 

You have to admit though... it's REALLY unfortunate for this stuff to be happening to the more powerful console.. and at launch.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

You're fucking STUPID :cruise: 

I love how I can actually test all these different settings out and show how little some of them matter and smack you in the face with them :tom: 

Both Tessellation and Geometry set to their lowest possible settings

ultralow.png

Now their highest

ultrahigh.png

LOL 6fps :cruise: 

The fuck are you showing me the frame rate of a menu on your PC? Did I say PS5 is more powerful than your PC?

Just now, Remij said:

You have to admit though... it's REALLY unfortunate for this stuff to be happening to the more powerful console.. and at launch.

I'm actually glad it's happening now, this is the perfect transition time from XDK to GDK. There's not really games coming for months, what's available now are the yearly middling AAA filler that people don't really care about. This is the most opportune time. If they did this during the middle of the generation or something when everything and everyone are firing on all cylinders that would be a huge mess.

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

The fuck are you showing me the frame rate of a menu on your PC? Did I say PS5 is more powerful than your PC?

:cosby2: 

I'm showing you the performance impact of each of the settings you stupid fuck....