Dirt 5 analysis (XSS goes as low as 570p)

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

:cosby2: 

I'm showing you the performance impact of each of the settings you stupid fuck....

Onr you aren't even showing ingame performance. Second, performance impact is relatice to hardware strength. By the strained logic you're attempting, ultra settings on Xbox One S would only be 6 FPS!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

holy fuck

Nah it's not a bug and it's not the Series X hardware.    It's the Series S hardware holding back the series X.    3rd party Developers aren't wasting resources to fully optimize for Both Xbox S and X

The bug is series S 🤣

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Onr you aren't even showing ingame performance. Second, performance impact is relatice to hardware strength. By the strained logic you're attempting, ultra settings on Xbox One S would only be 6 FPS!

LOL you don't even know what you're talking about...:mj: 

There ARE settings which affect performance....... but Geometry and Tessellation aren't them :tom: 

And LOL as I said.. even the next lowest setting... Low... makes the visuals look FAR better..

This is Low...

dirt-low.png

Ultra low...

dirt-ultra-low.png

lmao...  There's absolutely NO reason for Series X to be using Ultra Low.

I'm certain the issue is that this game, since on consoles it adjusts all settings dynamically on the fly (which you can also set it to do on the PC) gets bugged and sticks to the lowest setting for certain visual settings on Series X.. when it shouldn't.

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL you don't even know what you're talking about...:mj: 

There ARE settings which affect performance....... but Geometry and Tessellation aren't them :tom: 

And LOL as I said.. even the next lowest setting... Low... makes the visuals look FAR better..

This is Low...

dirt-low.png

Ultra low...

dirt-ultra-low.png

lmao...  There's absolutely NO reason for Series X to be using Ultra Low.

I'm certain the issue is that this game, since on consoles it adjusts all settings dynamically on the fly (which you can also set it to do on the PC) gets bugged and sticks to the lowest setting for certain visual settings on Series X.. when it shouldn't.

Holy fuck you are dumb. Geoometry and tessellation don't affect performance :kaz:

Just now, Voidler said:

Holy fuck you are dumb. Geoometry and tessellation don't affect performance :kaz:

Jesus christ... I'm posting the proof right in front of you... in this game there is little to NO performance benefit from Geometry and Tessellation settings on their lowest from their highest.. :cruise: 

I love how I can LITERALLY test this shit... and you're like... durrrrrr :lemming: 

Except, in the game's code, is high framerate mode, they could have instructions in which it has to maintain a specific framerate, and if it falls below that threshold it automatically triggers a lower geometry setting and other lower graphical settings.

And the Xbox Series X version may be almost always slightly below this threshold, and therefore always stays at lower settings.

So, Remij tries to play it off as "just 2 to 4 fps difference" but that may be the difference between triggering the lowered graphical settings if its always south of that threshold.

Also, the developer should've created an "in-between" geometry. It seems like they didn't. Its either low-poly or high-poly assets. There's no in-between.

Just now, jehurey said:

Except, in the game's code, is high framerate mode, they could have instructions in which it has to maintain a specific framerate, and if it falls below that threshold it automatically triggers a lower geometry setting and other lower graphical settings.

And the Xbox Series X version may be almost always slightly below this threshold, and therefore always stays at lower settings.

So, Remij tries to play it off as "just 2 to 4 fps difference" but that may be the difference between triggering the lowered graphical settings if its always south of that threshold.

Also, the developer should've created an "in-between" geometry. It seems like they didn't. Its either low-poly or high-poly assets. There's no in-between.

No.  That's fucking stupid of you to even think... LMAO.

The fact is that EACH SETTING can have a dynamic value based on load independent from all the others....  Every setting can independently adjust on the fly..  LOL  There's absolutely NO reason for Series X to be adjusting the Geometry setting because it barely changes framerate regardless.  I already showed from Ultra Low to Ultra High is 4fps.  There's OTHER settings which affect framerate far more... so dropping the geometry instead of any other number of settings is almost useless.

It's 100% a bug that will be fixed... with absolutely NO performance cost.  Guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No.  That's fucking stupid of you to even think... LMAO.

The fact is that EACH SETTING can have a dynamic value based on load independent from all the others....  Every setting can independently adjust on the fly..  LOL  There's absolutely NO reason for Series X to be adjusting the Geometry setting because it barely changes framerate regardless.  I already showed from Ultra Low to Ultra High is 4fps.  There's OTHER settings which affect framerate far more... so dropping the geometry instead of any other number of settings is almost useless.

It's 100% a bug that will be fixed... with absolutely NO performance cost.  Guaranteed.

Except it does change the framerate, you just prove that it did.

The high framerate mode may have specific instructions that it must lower graphical settings if it falls below, let's say 115fps, in order to get the game back to 120fps.

And the Xbox version is struggling to stay at that framerate, and it will just keep on lowering all the graphical settings.

Now if you are saying that the game should be dropping OTHER GRAPHICAL SETTINGS BEFORE geometry, then I understand.

But, you already proved that there is a framerate difference, and you need to remember that this is a mode in which graphical settings are changed because the priority remains keeping it at 120fps. I remember already seeing Digital Foundry's video about Dirt 5 almost a month ago where he shows how much they cut down shadow detail and they REMOVE THE ENTIRE SPECTATOR CROWD in the stands when he plays it in 120fps mode. So, they're already cutting significant things, and we knew that a month ago in his video if you ever watched.

Just now, jehurey said:

Except it does change the framerate, you just prove that it did.

The high framerate mode may have specific instructions that it must lower graphical settings if it falls below, let's say 115fps, in order to get the game back to 120fps.

And the Xbox version is struggling to stay at that framerate, and it will just keep on lowering all the graphical settings.

Now if you are saying that the game should be dropping OTHER GRAPHICAL SETTINGS BEFORE geometry, then I understand.

But, you already proved that there is a framerate difference, and you need to remember that this is a mode in which graphical settings are changed because the priority remains keeping it at 120fps. I remember already seeing Digital Foundry's video about Dirt 5 almost a month ago where he shows how much they cut down shadow detail and they REMOVE THE ENTIRE SPECTATOR CROWD in the stands when he plays it in 120fps mode. So, they're already cutting significant things, and we knew that a month ago in his video if you ever watched.

Nope... doesn't make sense in a game which can adaptively adjust every single setting independently from each other as well as resolution and temporal resolution ALL seperately.

Why would the game drop Geometry instead of dropping resolution Jehurey? :wonder: 

It's a fucking BUG :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Nope... doesn't make sense in a game which can adaptively adjust every single setting independently from each other as well as resolution and temporal resolution ALL seperately.

Why would the game drop Geometry instead of dropping resolution Jehurey? :wonder: 

It's a fucking BUG :tom: 

Because the game drops massive shadow details and dropped ENTIRE NPC crowds, its literally dropping assets, wholesale.

So yeah..........if it does those things, which are already significant, it would drop geometry.

You're trying to say those other things aren't as significant as car geometry, but they are.

Except, I imagine that the developers would've hoped that IF it drops the cars geometry, it would only be temporary and only during heavy scenes, and then once the framerate becomes stable, it returns back to higher quality geometry.

But whatever threshold they established, the Xbox is failing to stay above it, and therefore it stays at lower geometry long enough for people to notice how bad those headlights look.

Oh, by the way..........speaking of racing games with lowered graphical settings.

Digital Foundry tested Forza Horizon 4, and its missing graphical features that are present on the Xbox One X version, specifically headlight shadows amongst all of the cars while in a race.

vEGYOKv.png

Also missing SSAO.

So, are we to assume that MULTIPLE developers, both third-party and first-party Microsoft developers, have ALL BEEN MAKING BUMBLING MISTAKES and leaving bugs in their games?

That this is just a whole bunch of "oopsies, we missed that" that are occurring?:trump2:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh, by the way..........speaking of racing games with lowered graphical settings.

Digital Foundry tested Forza Horizon 4, and its missing graphical features that are present on the Xbox One X version, specifically headlight shadows amongst all of the cars while in a race.

vEGYOKv.png

Also missing SSAO.

So, are we to assume that MULTIPLE developers, both third-party and first-party Microsoft developers, have ALL BEEN MAKING BUMBLING MISTAKES and leaving bugs in their games?

That this is just a whole bunch of "oopsies, we missed that" that are occurring?:trump2:

Forza Horizon 4 wasn't ported by Playground Games, also they're aware of the issues. Furthermore the port started life from the 60 FPS mode on Xbox One X, not from the 30 FPS "graphics mode". 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Forza Horizon 4 wasn't ported by Playground Games, also they're aware of the issues. Furthermore the port started life from the 60 FPS mode on Xbox One X, not from the 30 FPS "graphics mode". 

.........and?

That's an excuse, that's not an explanation.

It should've started from the PC version.

Just now, jehurey said:

.........and?

That's an excuse, that's not an explanation.

It should've started from the PC version.

That's literally an explanation, a third party is handling the porting, and they did something different than would be expected. 

What does that not explain? God, your brain is fucked. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That's literally an explanation, a third party is handling the porting, and they did something different than would be expected. 

What does that not explain? God, your brain is fucked. 

No, its an excuse.

Even a crummy developer who does port jobs should be able to figure out the graphical settings in the PC port version.

It is 100% an excuse.

Playground Games has not released anything in two years, you're telling me they couldn't get a few of their guys to take their own PC version and optimize it for the new consoles?

If you're not asking yourself these questions...............you're a fucking moron who deserves to get fucked over by Microsoft.

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Because the game drops massive shadow details and dropped ENTIRE NPC crowds, its literally dropping assets, wholesale.

So yeah..........if it does those things, which are already significant, it would drop geometry.

You're trying to say those other things aren't as significant as car geometry, but they are.

Except, I imagine that the developers would've hoped that IF it drops the cars geometry, it would only be temporary and only during heavy scenes, and then once the framerate becomes stable, it returns back to higher quality geometry.

But whatever threshold they established, the Xbox is failing to stay above it, and therefore it stays at lower geometry long enough for people to notice how bad those headlights look.

Because it's all related to a bug... guaranteed.

And no.. I'm not trying to say those things aren't as significant as car geometry....  I'm literally testing what performance impact each of the settings has... and I've already said that other settings are FAR MORE significant than Geometry... which is why the fact that it gets dropped... is so strange.  Specifically when other... more taxing things... can be dropped.

This will be patched.. 100% 

Just now, Remij said:

Because it's all related to a bug... guaranteed.

You didn't tell anybody about that bug A MONTH AGO when Digital Foundry was literally showing you extremely decreased shadows and a bleacher stand that had zero spectators on it.

Dude, if their 120fps mode cuts out stuff like ENTIRE SPECTATORS.........they would absolute cut geometry.

Just now, jehurey said:

You didn't tell anybody about that bug A MONTH AGO when Digital Foundry was literally showing you extremely decreased shadows and a bleacher stand that had zero spectators on it.

Dude, if their 120fps mode cuts out stuff like ENTIRE SPECTATORS.........they would absolute cut geometry.

There was no PS5 version to compare it to...  and idiots weren't going on about supposed superiority of PS5 back than either..

I'm simply clearing up and explaining what the likely culprit is.

DUDE... I CAN LITERALLY TEST THESE THINGS... Geometry has extremely negligible performance impact on the game... ESPECIALLY DURING the race intro... where you see the headlight and you aren't controlling the game... LOL as if they couldn't stand to have the FPS drop 5 more for that brief moment... :drake: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

There was no PS5 version to compare it to...

What???????

So, if the PS5 version was also showing horrific headlights in its 120fps.............you would NOT be calling it a bug?

is that what you are saying?

because your original argument was that you knew enough about the game that lowering geometry doesn't make sense and was, therefore, a bug.

Now you're telling me that you wouldn't be able to tell if those were bugs because you didn't have a PS5 version to compare it to????????????????

Edited by jehurey