I have been playing TES Oblivion lately.

Tell me how this is better than Skyrim?

I remember buying the game for PS3 when it came out in 2006 and found it to be clunky, while Skyrim immediately clicked.

Now that the game is for dirt cheap on the Xbox store, I bought it.

I am more tolerant to its weaknesses but I can see Skyrim is infinitely superior.

Skyrim is simpler and more to-the-point in getting you in and out of quests than Oblivion.

And the Oblivion gates just straight up suck.

But Oblivion has more of a wild west open world and you can absolutely break the difficulty to the point of absurdity.

Also, the guilds and their entire questlines were straight-up better in Oblivion. Thieves guild final mission was fucking excellent, and the Dark brotherhood was genuinely creepy shit, almost felt like that satanic shit from Eyes Wide Shut.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Skyrim is simpler and more to-the-point in getting you in and out of quests than Oblivion.

And the Oblivion gates just straight up suck.

But Oblivion has more of a wild west open world and you can absolutely break the difficulty to the point of absurdity.

Also, the guilds and their entire questlines were straight-up better in Oblivion. Thieves guild final mission was fucking excellent, and the Dark brotherhood was genuinely creepy shit, almost felt like that satanic shit from Eyes Wide Shut.

I thought the same.

Oblivion is more here look for this guy and that's it. You can branch out or not but the game will not give you a clue about anything except the quest that you are doing.

Skyrim was more story centric, like you are dragonborn, look for the elders at the top of the mountain, and on your way, you got approached by several npcs who needed something.

• 1 month later...

So, I didn't start playing the main quest until I was already at Level 22.

So I finally decide to make my way to Kvatch, and grizzly bears are absolutely BRRRRUUTAL in Oblivion. They will slap the shit out of you, taking away alot of HP, and they are fast.

And I never messed with the difficulty slider, I always wanted to keep it the same. But it got bad. By the time I was running to Kvatch, I had two grizzly bears and two spirits chasing after me, I didn't have enough HP or magic to regenerate, so I was just straight-up running away from them. And since there's a couple of Cyrodil soldiers hanging out there nearby the walkway to Kvatch, they drew their swords and started running after the enemies, and it was full-on Benny Hill running back and forth in front of Kvatch.

That was my last game save, I left it there.

I, uh, am too scared to go back into the game.:tocry: