The Verge - Why is the PS5 outperforming the Xbox Series X in games?

9 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

VRR eliminates most issues on XSX. A feature PS5 is oddly missing, despite it being advertised. 

If VRR is used more on the XsX, then it means that its a lower framerate.

And...........your television would have to be capable of VRR, which means you have to have an HDMI 2.1 television. Less than 3 or 4 people on this forum have a HDMI 2.1 capable television.

Therefore defaulting to saying that it can be offset by VRR as a positive feature simply doesn't apply to most people.

The vast majority of people will see stuttering and screen tearing.

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If VRR is used more on the XsX, then it means that its a lower framerate.

And...........your television would have to be capable of VRR, which means you have to have an HDMI 2.1 television. Less than 3 or 4 people on this forum have a HDMI 2.1 capable television.

Therefore defaulting to saying that it can be offset by VRR as a positive feature simply doesn't apply to most people.

The vast majority of people will see stuttering and screen tearing.

I do :yeshrug:

12 and 10tflops are just a theoritical maximum that consoles can hit. 

I'm starting to believe Cerny, that less CUs in a GPU are easier to fill than many CUs in a GPU. His point that at higher clock speeds your GPU's other parts can works much faster say like the fillrate. And that not having a divided pool of memory like X, is simply easier to maximize.

Though early to call right now, it's possibly to speculate that the PS5 GPU can hit its theoretical maximum much easier than X.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

One of the largest software companies in the world... Makes shit tools. :omglol:

That's an excuse. In theory X has a 16% tflop advantage. So at the very least it should be EQUAL. In practice is performing even less, with PS5 having 15-25% framerate advantage in some games.

That's way too much of a gulf to just give up to the "tools" excuse.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

One of the largest software companies in the world... Makes shit tools. :omglol:

yeah, Microsoft should demonstrate that they are a company that puts effort in supporting developers.

I mean, it needs to be a strong and repetitive message that one of their main focus is all about developers.

In fact, i'd say that the people who run the company need to go running around and hammering the one thing that's important to them, and repeating that over and over again until their sweaty all over. Developers.

Like this guy:

but i totally understand MS not having the tools for their developers. Its not their M.O., historically speaking.

Edited by jehurey
3 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

VRR eliminates most issues on XSX. A feature PS5 is oddly missing, despite it being advertised. 

VRR just sync your TV refresh rate to the lower frame rate, it doesn't eliminate the lower frame rate