So i got the Rona

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Thankfully you have shit taste to begin with so no major loss.

Get well soon man! Stay safe. :-*

seriously, i was thinking about doing that but i didn't because I still have some humanity left in me. I feel like you copied my post. :mjcry: 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankfully you have shit taste to begin with so no major loss.                   Get well soon man! Stay safe. 

TLDR:  I am feeling better.   It initially came on like I had the flu with a slight fever and I didn't suspect anything more than that until I returned home from work and realized I couldn't

Of course it is. If i do die tho, yall better make sure Jerry gets banned. Ill post my new Pc before i die if i do die. Follow thru homies.

11 hours ago, Saucer said:

Man you guys. How are you feeling?

TLDR:  I am feeling better.

It initially came on like I had the flu with a slight fever and I didn't suspect anything more than that until I returned home from work and realized I couldn't taste or smell.  That motivated me to get tested.

The lost of smell can be equated to a very strong, i.e. like rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover or paint thinner sensation that feels like what is happening in the sinus. This is best I can think of comparing, so think less of a burn sensation but more of that odd feel you get if you ever sniffed any of those products in your youthful past.  Now take that sensation and turn it up to 100% where it overpowers your other senses like smell. 

With taste, everything just taste  like nothing.  The only things I could taste was iodine salt, and some fruits.  Bananas taste extra sweet than before.  Everything else, no flavor.  I had Extra cheezy Cheez-its, and when COVID hit, They taste like nothing crackers.

Since it started out like a flu system initially my sinus was going off, I was doing a lot of tissue blowing but after a few days that went away and it began to work its way to my chest and respiratory area.  I could feel slight shortness of breaths building up. 

At this point I knew my diagnosis that I was positive and began taking doctor prescribed treatment medications e.g. z-pak, prednisone, vitamin-D 2000ML, zinc 50mg

This shortness of breath and odd chest feeling was something I briefly experiencing back in March and April of this year but didn't bother to get tested. This time it didn't feel so odd but I could feel fluid building up as I would begin to dry cough more. 

Sleeping became a challenge, in the initial stages it was cold sweat wakes I was having, and constant water in (consumption) water out (rest room), but after a few days the cold sweats slowed down and it was just my mental senses keeping me up longer than usual so I begin struggling with getting enough sleep, waking up at odd times of the night. 

and I was trying to not sleep on my back to avoid adding pressure to my respiration system.  So imagine sleeping face to your pillow and your fever keeping your pillow too hot. 😑

This was kind a almost nightly thing.

Meal consumption has been largely Water, chunky soup and cheez-it crackers, brewed tea of different varieties sweetened only by honey,  calcium enriched orange juice, bananas and oranges.  Consumed with the prescribed medications.

My running fever from the beginning began to decline significantly as days passed to the point that for last several days I have been feeling somewhat fine, to just only feel a a very slight fever-like illness lingering in the center chess at random times of several days but it may be lack of sleep it's so faint I hardly notice. 

My wake up mornings have been mainly dry sinus.  I drink some water and clear out the nose and I begin to feel better.  I suspect the corona virus has been severely weakened by my immune system at this point which I had been aided by what I consumed over the last week+.  🙂

Edit: I will add that AMD's GPU paper launch may be responsible for playing into my lack of sleep.  Trying to F5 e-retailers out of stock listings.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

TLDR:  I am feeling better.

It initially came on like I had the flu with a slight fever and I didn't suspect anything more than that until I returned home from work and realized I couldn't taste or smell.  That motivated me to get tested.

The lost of smell can be equated to a very strong, i.e. like rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover or paint thinner sensation that feels like what is happening in the sinus. This is best I can think of comparing, so think less of a burn sensation but more of that odd feel you get if you ever sniffed any of those products in your youthful past.  Now take that sensation and turn it up to 100% where it overpowers your other senses like smell. 

With taste, everything just taste  like nothing.  The only things I could taste was iodine salt, and some fruits.  Bananas taste extra sweet than before.  Everything else, no flavor.  I had Extra cheezy Cheez-its, and when COVID hit, They taste like nothing crackers.

Since it started out like a flu system initially my sinus was going off, I was doing a lot of tissue blowing but after a few days that went away and it began to work its way to my chest and respiratory area.  I could feel slight shortness of breaths building up. 

At this point I knew my diagnosis that I was positive and began taking doctor prescribed treatment medications e.g. z-pak, prednisone, vitamin-D 2000ML, zinc 50mg

This shortness of breath and odd chest feeling was something I briefly experiencing back in March and April of this year but didn't bother to get tested. This time it didn't feel so odd but I could feel fluid building up as I would begin to dry cough more. 

Sleeping became a challenge, in the initial stages it was cold sweat wakes I was having, and constant water in (consumption) water out (rest room), but after a few days the cold sweats slowed down and it was just my mental senses keeping me up longer than usual so I begin struggling with getting enough sleep, waking up at odd times of the night. 

and I was trying to not sleep on my back to avoid adding pressure to my respiration system.  So imagine sleeping face to your pillow and your fever keeping your pillow too hot. 😑

This was kind a almost nightly thing.

Meal consumption has been largely Water, chunky soup and cheez-it crackers, brewed tea of different varieties sweetened only by honey,  calcium enriched orange juice, bananas and oranges.  Consumed with the prescribed medications.

My running fever from the beginning began to decline significantly as days passed to the point that for last several days I have been feeling somewhat fine, to just only feel a a very slight fever-like illness lingering in the center chess at random times of several days but it may be lack of sleep it's so faint I hardly notice. 

My wake up mornings have been mainly dry sinus.  I drink some water and clear out the nose and I begin to feel better.  I suspect the corona virus has been severely weakened by my immune system at this point which I had been aided by what I consumed over the last week+.  🙂

Edit: I will add that AMD's GPU paper launch may be responsible for playing into my lack of sleep.  Trying to F5 e-retailers out of stock listings.

Glad to hear you are recovering homie 

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

That's interesting. I hope you're over the peak. Get well, sir. :salute: