Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Is there an option to hide clothing/accessories that im missing? I feel like thats a pretty big thing to leave out. I have a stupid looking baseball cap on only because I want the extra armor but would rather it not be visible in-game.

the game is in first-person, are you literally seeing the baseball cap enter your field of view while playing?

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

the game is in first-person, are you literally seeing the baseball cap enter your field of view while playing?

No but it would be nice not be reminded of how retarded my character looks when I pass by a mirror, or when theres a third person cutscene (those do seem like a rarity).

12 minutes ago, Pat McCrotch said:

I'm impressed that they went all in on world building by having TV shows and radio stations like GTA. :aitch:

The world building is very very well done in the media landscape. The tech and stuff is way more 23'rd century than 21st but what's there is so good. Brain Dancing is the best investigative gameplay elements I've seen. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The world building is very very well done in the media landscape. The tech and stuff is way more 23'rd century than 21st but what's there is so good. Brain Dancing is the best investigative gameplay elements I've seen. 

I legit just sat in my apartment to watch TV. :dead2:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

On my PC it looked much closer to that console screen, even though I have most of the settings on high. I wonder if 2 of the shadow settings being on medium would have been enough to completely kill the lighting in that scene.

i call bullshit! even on my low end rig with most settings on low (ambient occlusion on low instead of off) it looked more like the pc screen. 

why are you trying to discredit pc graphics any way you can? just sell your gpu and get a new one. 

1 hour ago, Pat McCrotch said:

I legit just sat in my apartment to watch TV. :dead2:

did it for half an hour when i got to my apartment the first time. the ads are fucking hilarious. after that i took a shower with all my clothes on and went to bed :mjgrin: 

best game ever :blessed: 

Edited by kazpunk
2 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

i call bullshit! even on my low end rig with most settings on low (ambient occlusion on low instead of off) it looked more like the pc screen. 

why are you trying to discredit pc graphics any way you can? just sell your gpu and get a new one. 

Im not trying to discredit anything....maybe how that scene looks also depends on what the lighting conditions (time of day) is when you start the mission. idk.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Im not trying to discredit anything....maybe how that scene looks also depends on what the lighting conditions (time of day) is when you start the mission. idk.

yea, i kinda thought of that too. it's ok twinb. :-*

just stop being a dumbass 😩

I just completed the brain-dancing bit, and I think alot of people didn't play Capcom's Remember Me. I only played enough of that game to get to the "Rememberance" mechanic which felt like playing a recording and constantly rewinding from different angles to get some clues.

But it is much more intricate and satisfying, here.

This is a hell of a game. And let's say the reviewers complaining about the game's staticness, let's say they're correct. Almost all games of this scope are also like this, especially the Deus Ex games. You go to a particular apartment, and that triggers an event happening. Or there are people standing around waiting for you to come and trigger the next part of that quest.

But, to me, this feels like Rockstar making GTA4. They got the engine, the basic mechanics of shooting/hacking/driving and the city made. And it looks fantastic. They can work to provide more A.I. scripting and more intricate quest design in the future. It will be like the jump from GTA4 to GTA5. Significant, and much more fleshed out.

I like the Crimes in Progress missions. Helps me earn XP, and I am getting practice for how to be a better hacker, and approach groups of enemies. And its got some fairly good loot.

After I spoke with the lady at the club, I found a nearby building I can enter, and that ended up being Regina's place, who is a fixer that gives you missions in Watson. There's plenty to do.

This is a hell of a game.

Also, the PC also has some HDR problems, where it never achieves total zero-black. And the photomode also doesn't capture it properly when using HDR.

I took some pics, nothing too spoilery. But it doesn't look as dark as these photos make it seem. But they really should fix their HDR, because it really will look fantastic when they have near-zero black combined with those bright neon signs.

Spoiler

photomode-11122020-222624.png

It is not this dark in the game.

photomode-11122020-222855.png

photomode-11122020-223651.png

photomode-11122020-230745.png

photomode-11122020-232335.png

photomode-11122020-232713.png

photomode-11122020-233802.png

photomode-11122020-233846.png

photomode-11122020-234123.png

photomode-11122020-234637.png