Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im not gonna lie you got me pretty good with that one. Touché :mjcry:

:D You know I love you, man.

And remember, it's better to be alone than in bad company.

3 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Playing as Johnny Silverhand make me realised pistols are cool af. I'm going to be maining pistol from here on out.

Once you get a few legendary and iconic weapons and try out a few different implants is where the game really begins to shine for me. I got an assault rifle last night that I really like, I think it's the Achilles. I'm not a big fan of the tech guns but the talking gun and I think it the "Nuo" are fun pistols too. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Once you get a few legendary and iconic weapons and try out a few different implants is where the game really begins to shine for me. I got an assault rifle last night that I really like, I think it's the Achilles. I'm not a big fan of the tech guns but the talking gun and I think it the "Nuo" are fun pistols too. 

Yeah gunplay is surprisingly good for a CDPR game. Game keeps getting better and better.

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

Yeah gunplay is surprisingly good for a CDPR game. Game keeps getting better and better.

I swapped out my OS that allowed for quick hacking for one that lets you bend time. Using that with a sword and the dash move is the most fun way to dispatch enemies in the game to me. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I swapped out my OS that allowed for quick hacking for one that lets you bend time. Using that with a sword and the dash move is the most fun way to dispatch enemies in the game to me. 

They really don't go in depth with the Cyberware system and I realized you can get double jump, slow-down time, shoot tranquilizer rounds or explosives from your arm and other shit that really effects the way you play. Customization is pretty in depth.

I also didn't know there were laser whips in this game :dame:

3 minutes ago, Pat McCrotch said:

They really don't go in depth with the Cyberware system and I realized you can get double jump, slow-down time, shoot tranquilizer rounds or explosives from your arm and other shit that really effects the way you play. Customization is pretty in depth.

yeah it’s kind of confusing because each ripper doc has their own unique mods and shit. I need to find that slow down time one, it seems like it would be useful for stealth.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah it’s kind of confusing because each ripper doc has their own unique mods and shit. I need to find that slow down time one, it seems like it would be useful for stealth.

Uh...possbily. Having had both, it's more geared towards a more aggressive approach. The game is designed to revolve around using the environment as distractions or hacking for stealth, it's far more effective to have quick hacks than slowing time tbh. Time slowing is better for boss fights  too...not that there're many. I wont spoil the game but...it's a shockingly low number. 

15 minutes ago, Pat McCrotch said:

Yeah, They did a piss poor job of letting you know what you can with such implants...or anything actually. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Uh...possbily. Having had both, it's more geared towards a more aggressive approach. The game is designed to revolve around using the environment as distractions or hacking for stealth, it's far more effective to have quick hacks than slowing time tbh. Time slowing is better for boss fights  too...not that there're many. I wont spoil the game but...it's a shockingly low number. 

I just realized i think i have that one already. The screen goes green and the audio changes to show that you're about to be detected. Its been extremely useful so far.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I just realized i think i have that one already. The screen goes green and the audio changes to show that you're about to be detected. Its been extremely useful so far.

I think that might be a perk, not a mod/implant. Again, they didn't do a good job of explaining this stuff in the game. 

You have your 5 attributes. Each of them have their own perks.

Then you have your implants/augmentations. Some of them I think can accept modding or be upgraded to higher versions.

Then you have your Operating System which falls under implants/augmentation. 

Like when you start the game they give you first eye implant. I have a Mk3 of that eye. I've only begun messing with the implants stuff more the last day or two since I'm kind of flush with cash. 

Again, the game does a terrible job of letting gamers know how to best utilize all of these and since the class sytem in this game means absolutely nothing, it's not like a Mass Effect, where you are guided through how to become the player you want to be. You have to figure this shit out all for yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wait, it sounds like you can load non-lethal ammo into the mod that lets you shoot shit from your arms? The descriptions all implied that you could only do damage with those implants. I might have to get that one next.

I dont believe the game actually has non lethal ammo, you can just render a weapon non lethal. I assume what you may be talking about in regards to the body weapons is a non-lethal user implant. This automatically makes every weapon you have non lethal, which probably does so to arm weaponry.