Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

Decided to turn off the film grain as a test, and wow what an improvement. Everything is sharper and the colors/lighting pop out more. I can't believe I played the game for 40 hours with it on. I always prefer to play games the way the artists intended them to be played, but the film grain being on by default was a pretty big misstep on their part.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Decided to turn off the film grain as a test, and wow what an improvement. Everything is sharper and the colors/lighting pop out more. I can't believe I played the game for 40 hours with it on. I always prefer to play games the way the artists intended them to be played, but the film grain being on by default was a pretty big misstep on their part.

Film grain as a thing is tricky with screens and with the horse power needed to see this game in it's highest quality probably hard to achieve. Even in a photo sometimes if I dont resharpen the image for a screens or on certain monitors the film grain of the native file doesn't always come through but that's also part of internet compression. Mixing film grain and purposeful abberations should have a stunning look with the radiosity and light flare of a game like this. 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ugh, the latest patch breaks a major late game side quest. 

I hope it's a quest I already completed.

I do like how GOG let me keep playing while the patch was available and even paused the patch download. Where as Steam would have prevented me from playing until the patch was installed.

I let the patch install overnight, and I hope it doesn't screw with the saves I made last night.

35 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I hope it's a quest I already completed.

I do like how GOG let me keep playing while the patch was available and even paused the patch download. Where as Steam would have prevented me from playing until the patch was installed.

I let the patch install overnight, and I hope it doesn't screw with the saves I made last night.

The nice thing about GOG is that you can easily roll back to the 1.04 version of the game if you do encounter that bug. Theres a way to do it on the steam version, but its a really longwinded and annoying workaround. Im just going to go with the flow and hope they patch it again.

Its annoying that it would happen to such an important quest...

• Upvote 1
On 2020-12-19 at 5:52 PM, Remij said:

The 1.05 update just released.  1.7GB

It made things more stable in the One X version.

Although certain things still persist like the disappearing cars.

Visually speaking, now I see more steam on the streets.

52 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Has anyone beaten patch 2077 yet? How was it? 

I'm taking my time with the sides and gigs. But despite the glitches I'm finding it far more enjoyable than Witcher 3, especially once you acquire the cooler weapons and abilities. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Has anyone beaten patch 2077 yet? How was it? 

Yeah, the world and exploration is just so enticing. You can spend like 20 hours just wandering around and discovering shit. The world building here is really great and the setting is one of the best. There's plenty of glitches, but they're more funny than anything to me honestly. The most aggravating technical problems for me are the constant crashes. They're random, numerous and really just suck the fun our your whole experience.

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, the world and exploration is just so enticing. You can spend like 20 hours just wandering around and discovering shit. The world building here is really great and the setting is one of the best. There's plenty of glitches, but they're more funny than anything to me honestly. The most aggravating technical problems for me are the constant crashes. They're random, numerous and really just suck the fun our your whole experience.

I look forward to revisiting it once the next gen patches come out. 

I've been sticking with the badlands for the past few days. Just biking around and doing bandit camp missions and side gigs. 

As much as I like the city, the desert is way more fun to play in. It's like playing a Mad Max property. They could do an entire expansion based in the badlands and I would be happy. 

12 hours ago, Ike said:

Word.

I spent myself walking around the streets at night and looking at the many ads on buildings.

This game would be amazing in VR.

• Upvote 1

Finished the game after 55 hours. I did most of the side quests I wanted to do, skipping only the gigs as there were way too many of them and they all seemed to blend together from a design standpoint.

Epic ass game overall :whew: The storytelling and characters are fantastic even if they don't quite reach the Witcher 3 when it comes to the main story and how it plays out. There are some major decisions towards the end, but the nice thing is that after finishing the game it just drops you right before the point of no return in the story, so you can experiment with the other choices and see how they change things

The one I went with on my initial run-through (major spoilers obviously)

Spoiler

Gave control to Johnny and teamed up with Rogue. There was just something poetic about having her join up to raid Arasaka and basically end the story the way it started back when Johnny did the same thing years ago. Working together with Alt's AI was also pretty cool, though I would have liked to see her original self (as a human) get more screen time, It feels like she was only in the game for a brief moment.

Also what happened to Takemura? I seriously doubt he died during the raid on the apartment building. I wonder if he makes an appearance if you choose to side with Hanako and go the 'pacifist' route. I think im going to choose that next and see what happens.