Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, __MACK__ said:

Game should be ready sometime late next year

Uh, I LOVE this game but they can't patch themselves out of this. It would have to rewritten from the ground up. They worked out stability issues and such but the game in it current state, especially for consoles isn't going to get exceedingly better. 

Ok, so I've kinda been away from this game for almost 2 full weeks.

I had to be a best man at a wedding on Dec 18th, and the 72 hours leading up to that was a bit hectic.

And then after that, Christmas sorta had to be rushed, because alot of people simply were more concerned about the wedding, so that occupied me for the week afterwards.

And then I was pooped out, recovering, and then I bought Spiderman Remastered for the PS5, so I played that for a bit. And that game was easier to get into, which is why I put a quick 6 hours into it.

So I'm very far behind, but also I just haven't decided to do main story missions, so I am still technically in Act 1, or the prologue.  I was doing side missions.

And I think its a good thing that I did, because I have finally settled into the pacing of the game, or rather I've discovered the pacing in which I can enjoyably play the game. Sometimes, I'm not not particularly enjoying a moment, but I am trying to figure out how to dispose of these enemies as fast as I can, but also as thoroughly as I can. Because I want loot. So I am definitely a "Scan" and "Camera" type of guy, marking everything.

So, I have a visual story to tell, its about a Thievery quest, I can leave out the details of what I am stealing, because I want to talk about HOW I wanted to break in and steal.

So even though I am showing pictures, this should not be spoilers. This is along the northern docks of Watson. I am breaking info this area along the docks, and at this point I am really tired of steathily trying to sneak up on enemies and take them out quietly, and I also fear that any gunfight will kill me quickly.

Upon first look, there appears to be two way to enter. I am needlessly on a different street in this picture, I could've stood on that street you see:

F7vxqgh.jpg

So there's a gate there, and I could probably steath-kill the first, and then try to worm my way through or start a fight. And, if you notice, there's a fence in the distance, there is a place to break open if you have a high-enough Technical Level (I don't) but it still won't get you far.

And that's when I saw those yellow staircases hanging from above:

LEWeM5K.jpg

That is a railway track, and those look like maintenance staircases, and there's one Left-Diagonally to where this one is at, and that is almost near the building I need to sneak into.

So I thought CLEARLY there must be some way to access those stairs. So I began to scour up and down those nearby streets trying to find ANYTHING to get me up higher, and possibly even get on the rail track.

I even drove a quarter mile south, and found a closed rail track that was at street level, and would then go upwards, and I was following that, when I realized it was an UNFINISHED rail track, and I saw the actual rail track to the side of it. Couldn't jump to it, I tried running on top of buildings and there just wasn't anything there for me to get onto the track.

So then I realized I could jump the fence on this elevated road, but I needed a tall enough automobile:

a79GgYC.jpg

And that building's rooftop could not get me close, so I had to go to an another building's rooftop, but they put fencing in between building rooftops. So that is when I realized I could walk on that slant on the fence:

CBVqsm3.jpg

So off I went, looking like a complete fucking idiot trying to cheese my way through the environment. But more barbed wires everywhere, even the billboards have barb wire on the UPPER edge??? At that point, you know the developer is intentionally trying to keep you out.

AH, but I found some sort of bar that was sticking out of a pole:

UNeKzJ5.jpg

I think its supposed to be the street name plate, or something. I found out I could CLIMB IT!!!

4m2DuMS.jpg

This is where the mouse aiming really helps. I angled my self to hopefully land on top of the barbed wire and hop my way across:

NaxIgsl.jpg

Landed on the barbed wire, thankfully it didn't hurt me:

CqKvh1A.jpg

So then on that rooftop I was able to climb up some of the yellow railing, and then hope my way onto the yellow staircase. Hooray, right?????????

KMhW4jP.jpg

Well, it turns out that door up on top doesn't open, and there is no other passage to get me ON TOP where the railway is. And at the bottom there's a catwalk, but that also doesn't help:

SYwQfxM.jpg

It doesn't connect to anything to get me to that yellow staircase and catwalk on that otherside.

Suffice it to say, about trying out different things, and then attempting all of this stuff, I had been at this for almost an hour.

cssiu3o.jpg

And I was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

And then I realized what the developers had done. I saw the security fencing across the street and just so happened to be partially destroyed and left an opening, lined up with the catwalk.

So, I did a Captain America heroic jump across the street:

BRrejvk.jpgIts slightly tougher with a keyboard, because you need to hold two buttons down, and then time a jump so that you clear the railing, or land on the rail and them jump again off of that.

And enemy noticed me, but I hide fast enough in time in order to sneak around him to kill him.

I haven't cheesed around in an open world game like this in quite some time. Thankfully, my efforts were rewarded, or else I would've felt much more aggravated with my playtime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just did my second playthrough of the last act. While most of the game is pretty much the same, the last acts seem to be completely different depending on your choice. Even with it's flaws, I quite love the game. Unlike a lot of games where you have your favorite load outs and stick to it. I find myself switching up implants and weapons often because there's a good deal of weapons that play differently but are equally satisfying. The game never really pushes you to craft or use potions but they really add alot to the gameplay. Although the way perks, mods, and implants can stack in certain instances can turn you into a terminator. My second run against Adam Smasher, I felt like the boss in the battle.

I never quite built up my character as a brawler so I did get my ass handed to me in the street fighting matches tho. First person fighting isn't really that great to begin with anyway.

Also, I want to point out that I almost, ALMOST retract my concerns about audio quality when you are inside the car.

Finally fixed some things with my speakers, and corrected the surround sound, and I have finally been able to deliver enough bandwidth to do lossless uncompressed audio to my surround system.

The sound of the ride is still a bit quiet for my taste, in my opinion you should hear more road noise, and maybe tire squeals. However, things you drive over, or hit a curb, has a great surround sound feel, especially if you bump something with the back half of your car.  I can literally drive by people on the street, and hear what they are saying, but they sound slightly muffled.

I obviously haven't driven outside the city and into the badlands, so I don't know if it sounds different out there. But it can really feel immersive at times when you are in the car driving to your next stop.

driving inside the car is pretty cool. You driving, answering a phone, with the radio on and hearing people outside talking while you're cruising and turning to look out the side windows by moving the mouse cursor around.

The only thing from making it a totally immersive experience is the fact that you can get disoriented by looking around inside the car.

This game would be ridiculous with a high-end VR headset. They know they'd make another bundle of money selling a VR version later.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jehurey said:

driving inside the car is pretty cool. You driving, answering a phone, with the radio on and hearing people outside talking while you're cruising and turning to look out the side windows by moving the mouse cursor around.

The only thing from making it a totally immersive experience is the fact that you can get disoriented by looking around inside the car.

This game would be ridiculous with a high-end VR headset. They know they'd make another bundle of money selling a VR version later.

I'll wait to when Saints Row V and GTA6 come out this year and next to show CDPR how sandbox driving is done.