Official Cyberpunk discussion thread *Remember, unmarked spoilers = ban*

Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Cyberpunk are you getting?

• PC
    • PS4
    • Xbone
    • PS4 for PS5
    • Xbone for Series S/X
    • Waiting for proper PS5/Series X versions
    • None. Fuck this flop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn, Cyberpunk is the most realistic game of 2020.   

Lmao, console version is a joke. Seriously just get the PC version if you have a capable PC.  

Posted Images

Their physics system is flawed, or what I think is happening is that they are applying physics in areas there they're probably just better off with clipping or removing hit-detection.

I think your arms swing when you are walking  is causing problems. So when you start walking up against a person, your arm has the weight of an unstoppable force, and it hits the NPC character, and they act like they got attacked.

Objects on the ground start flinging away wildly because it collides with your walking animation.

Also, btw, check the neogaf thread or videocardz.com for AMD CPU that may not be utilizing all of their cores, and how to apply a quick fix.

Edited by jehurey
19 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I like the game. However, I can’t help but think how much better this must be on a high end PC. 

I just beat a boss that was overpowered but he was weakened by the game being glitch buggy so he got stuck in a corner and I was able to just shoot him down till dead.  :D

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Not too too fussy tbh. Would just be on my monitor so it's not like a 55inch tv. Would prefer 4K but not necessary. 1080p still looks amazing on a monitor. 

I think you’ll easily get 30-40fps on average with that set up. At the moment the game is actually more optimized for intel cpus so that might also give you a boost.

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

On a side note, how do you think my PC would run it? Specifically would it be better/worse or same as a perceived next gen edition.

i7 8700K CPU 3.7Ghz

16Gb RAM 

GTX 1080ti 

Your PC should be fine.  Either at 60fps at 1080p with high settings or 30fps Ultra at 1440p.

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't know about that, I have a couple of decent tech weapons so ill have to look into getting that type of mod.

That's my biggest gripe with the game. I feel that on the two forums I post at with less than 60 people total the most common game design issues are the HUD and not knowing they can do something that should be obvious. 

While I do like they have enough side quest to grind your stats up for the main game regularly but they don't "teach you to fish" in this game. They just mention that you can sometimes and it's never touched on again or even pushed early so you have that knowledge in your arsenal. 

The non lethal mods are easy to get. 

DF put out a pretty good settings tweak guide

Standard Optimised Settings

Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Colour Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings

Ray Traced Reflections: On
Ray Traced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.

Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p, DLSS Balanced, 4K, DLSS 

AO usually makes a huge difference but not here for some reason. I turned it down and immediately noticed a gain in FPS, but the graphics seemed identical.

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That chick Regina emphasizes that you need to take out the Cyberpsychos non lethally. I've done a couple of those quests so far and my main strategy has been to just wail on them with a Bat :yeshrug: I have some non-lethal grenades I didn't know about, so Ill probably try those for the next one I come across.

if you "kill" them they are lying on the ground and aren't dead yet, like many other enemies. I'm not sure if that counts since I only did one of these and immediately killed the guy after he was down. :mjcry:   

I love how the head plops off when you finish them off with a cyberkatana. :wow: