Cyberpunk is not even good enough to be considered Polish Trash

9 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol I learned the hard way trying to car jack someone that unlike GTA if you stand in front of a car they're not actually programmed to stop, they just run over your ass. 

Which, in that particular instance, is more realistic.

I ran into the street, rather blindly, simply because I had the mentality that it would behave like GTA or Watch Dogs and cars would come to a stop.

Nah, right at the last moment I see headlights and the front of a car enter my view and then I heard a "UGGGGHHHH!!" and my ass went flying 10 feet  sideways. And I don't if I manually turned my camera to look at the car, or if the game did it for me. I fell down completely on my backside, I could see my torso and legs laying down on the street. Almost like it did some ragdoll physics.

It was actually a pretty cool moment. I really got hit by a car.

6 minutes ago, Kitad said:

Looks like cdpr bit more than they could chew

I really enjoy the game, the game was obviously in need of more production time, but what can  you do? This game is a PC game in it's DNA and very ambitious in fronts but seems to got it to a "retail worthy" enough state and dropped it I assume to meet some projections. I'll say that Miyamoto mentality at Nintendo that it's better to delay a game than release an unrefined one is something I'd wish more devs could follow. 

28 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Which, in that particular instance, is more realistic.

I ran into the street, rather blindly, simply because I had the mentality that it would behave like GTA or Watch Dogs and cars would come to a stop.

Nah, right at the last moment I see headlights and the front of a car enter my view and then I heard a "UGGGGHHHH!!" and my ass went flying 10 feet  sideways. And I don't if I manually turned my camera to look at the car, or if the game did it for me. I fell down completely on my backside, I could see my torso and legs laying down on the street. Almost like it did some ragdoll physics.

It was actually a pretty cool moment. I really got hit by a car.

It could be more realistic if it were some how intentional. In the game the drivers simply aren't reacting to the player. Of course having played GTA V twice this year makes the difference fresher in my mind. Also it's GTA, and Rockstar has the living city down to near perfection. I am glad the driving in the game is good, giving how floaty and bad they made it look in the promo videos. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. Their cinematic design and storytelling is still so far above anything Ubi is capable of. The way Cyberpunk's first act ends is pretty amazing and better than anything AC has done in years.

But they murder them, in terms of open world design, though. 

It's crazy... because you can almost literally feel how ambitious they wanted to be with this game, but they just couldn't pull it all off.  The parts that they focused on instead, like the cinematic stuff and main missions, can do some incredible things at times.  Like holy fuck.. if the entire game had that kind of level of depth and quality... this would undoubtedly be the greatest achievement in gaming.. but they obviously don't have the budget and production time to work forever on a game.. so I think they had to drop a lot of that ambition to hit last gen consoles and release the game.

It would be amazing if they actually worked on improving and adding these kinds of things to the next-gen and PC versions through patches.  Some of the stuff is fundamentally broken and I don't think can be fixed without completely redesigning the game, but they could do a lot of work polishing up certain issues that really stand out, like traffic/AI stuff and world events.  Would be cool to see.

Also, I kinda wish that on PC they'd include a setting pre-set which would allow you to completely max everything out.. on an engine level.  Let people push the draw distance, crowds, vehicle LODs and everything WAY out and of course the RT settings too..  something that just completely kills even the highest end rigs to come even next year.  Something really future proof.

Honestly, everything about this game looks like shit. the artstyle has to be the fugliest shit i've ever seen, and that piss yellow color they use on all their marketing materials :rofl: 

Something like Observer:System redux is incredibly more visually appealing in terms of the cyberpunk aesthetic. this just looks like rainbow colored shit

4 minutes ago, Bodycount V said:

Honestly, everything about this game looks like shit. the artstyle has to be the fugliest shit i've ever seen, and that piss yellow color they use on all their marketing materials :rofl: 

Something like Observer:System redux is incredibly more visually appealing in terms of the cyberpunk aesthetic. this just looks like rainbow colored shit

:mjpls: 

Can any console players confirm this for me?  Is this actually real?

EpD7FI-XYAQ9odR?format=jpg&name=900x900

OMFG if so :rofl: 

edit -Now that I think about it, it's probably just the PC version turned down to it's lowest lol

Edited by Remij
26 minutes ago, Remij said:

Can any console players confirm this for me?  Is this actually real?

EpD7FI-XYAQ9odR?format=jpg&name=900x900

OMFG if so :rofl: 

edit -Now that I think about it, it's probably just the PC version turned down to it's lowest lol

Perhaps it is PC at it's lowest graphic setting.  Which would make the game comparable to PS4 than PS5.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

But they murder them, in terms of open world design, though. 

Eh, I wouldn't really say so. AC's world is incredibly immersive, but its also pretty one-note in its gameplay design. Most of the quests and activities are all very predictable and involve a lot of repetition. They don't make as well a use of the environments as they should.

The ultimate open world game would be AC's scale and locales but with CDPR's world building, storytelling, characters, etc.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Eh, I wouldn't really say so. AC's world is incredibly immersive, but its also pretty one-note in its gameplay design. Most of the quests and activities are all very predictable and involve a lot of repetition. They don't make as well a use of the environments as they should.

The ultimate open world game would be AC's scale and locales but with CDPR's world building, storytelling, characters, etc.

No doubt cdpr makes way better campaigns. That would be a sick combo!