Digital Foundry - Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 vs XSX - A Huge Improvement Over Last Gen Consoles

Will add cliff notes after I finish watching it.

- PS5 only has one mode, Series X has Performance and Quality modes

- PS5 runs at dynamic 1188p to 1080p

- Series X runs at 1080p and can occasionally dip under in "Performance Mode", 1728p to 1512p in "Quality Mode"

- Traffic density higher on Xbox Series X

- AO included in the Series X version

- Xbox version can hitch for a couple seconds while driving at points

John's thoughts:  If you want 60fps, go for the PS5 version, which is more consistent at 60fps but has some visual concessions.  If you want the best looking console version of the game, go for the Series X version, with the 30fps mode.

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Series X runs at 1080p and can occasionally dip under in "Performance Mode"

Under 1080p in performance mode? 🤔

Occasionally yeah lmao.  They say it's really hard to pixel count this game though.

Gonna be interesting to see how the next gen patches end up being.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I have to say...so far, I’m underwhelmed by the console version. The HDR is a mess. I actually turned it off. Playing series x version in quality mode. 

It's not even HDR in the slightest sense.  It's doing the exact same thing that TW3 does.. it just raises the peak brightness and raises the black level with it, it doesn't increase the actual range at all... you're just making the entire thing brighter, or darker lmao.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case with this game, since that's exactly what they did with TW3.  Which is unfortunate, considering the game would look amazing with actual HDR.

Hopefully they seriously consider fixing it with the next gen patches and update the PC version.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

lemij doesn't care about xbox, he just had to post this one because xbox has an advantage in some areas :reg:

:hest: 

I posted it because nobody else had... probably because Xbox had some advantages in some areas :tom: 

I play on PC bub :geese: 

11 hours ago, Remij said:

It's not even HDR in the slightest sense.  It's doing the exact same thing that TW3 does.. it just raises the peak brightness and raises the black level with it, it doesn't increase the actual range at all... you're just making the entire thing brighter, or darker lmao.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case with this game, since that's exactly what they did with TW3.  Which is unfortunate, considering the game would look amazing with actual HDR.

Hopefully they seriously consider fixing it with the next gen patches and update the PC version.

Did they ever fix TW3's HDR?