Bad news for racers. EA overtakes Take-Two bid for Codemasters.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-14-ea-overtakes-take-two-with-usd1-2bn-offer-for-codemasters

EA has offered $1.2bn to buy Codemasters.

The Codemasters board has accepted the offer, which is now subject to a shareholder vote.

Grand Theft Auto and Borderlands publisher Take-Two was in talks to buy Codemasters, which is based in Southam, Warwickshire, after it had tabled a cash plus shares deal worth nearly $1bn.

But EA's offer is an all cash offer of £6.04 for each ordinary share of Codemasters. Codemasters has now switched its recommendation to the EA offer.

Fucking EA scum, trying to kill another Dev with their shitty Need for Speed games.

Edited by MalaXmaS
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I miss Criterion. :(

EA took one of the most prolific arcade racing studios and made them work on throwaway garbage for Battlefront/Battlefield games, then spent $1.2 billion to try and do it all again.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

EA took one of the most prolific arcade racing studios and made them work on throwaway garbage for Battlefront/Battlefield games, then spent $1.2 billion to try and do it all again.

I'd would give so much for another new Burnout game. All EA does is re-release the worst game in the series, Paradise. :mjcry: 

56 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Ahhh the good old days

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Pretty bad business decision, almost as bad as spending over $1000 on a racing set up just to realize that no console games properly make use of it.

This is fresh coming from you LOL. spending $1500 and being clueless to play cyberpunk at 25FPS 

2 minutes ago, nitric said:

This is fresh coming from you LOL. spending $1500 and being clueless to play cyberpunk at 25FPS 

And you spent way more than that but called it quits because the game was running like shit on your computer :tom: Despite being unoptimized I at least put some effort into tweaking it to get it running better.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

And you spent way more than that but called it quits because the game was running like shit on your computer :tom: Despite being unoptimized I at least put some effort into tweaking it to get it running better.

I get 60-70 FPS maxed out at 1440p. You also retarded? Should’ve put a little more effort into building that PC of yours LOL.  

Edited by nitric
1 minute ago, nitric said:

I get 60-70 FPS maxed out at 1440p. You also retarded? Should’ve put a little more effort into building that PC of yours LOL.  

I very clearly saw you complain about the performance on your computer in a thread when the game released, why are you backpedaling?

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Pretty bad business decision, almost as bad as spending over $1000 on a racing set up just to realize that no console games properly make use of it.

Damn, shots fired. Also how does a person spend that much to play racing games when his bed cost like $50.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, nitric said:

I am just going to take a step back and watch you go at each other till it ends up in some nice hardcore fuck.

Record it so I can jack off to it too.

Edited by MalaXmaS
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You definitely did. Probably turned on ray tracing and saw your performance go to shit. All that money on RTX cards and you can't make the most of them :lul: 

Link? Or are you gonna talk out of your ass?  $1500 fuckup build to play on low LOL. idiot. 

Edited by nitric