Remember when Xbox?

Had first party games like Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza 2 during the first year of the 360 (exclusively).

Had timed exclusivity deals on Elderscrolls, Mass Effect, Star Ocean and Bioshock.

Had third party exclusives like Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Tales of Vesperia.

Collaborated with third parties to make exclusive Xbox games like Ace Combat 6, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Alan Wake.

And now in 2020 they release a platform with 0 first party games and 0 third party exclusives and 0 exclusives planned for the future. :lul: 

it's one of the most bizarre turnarounds in the gaming industry, it's as if one of the big 3 just disappeared overnight.

I haven't considered Xbox as a 'real' platform for almost 5 years now. Soon It will be going on almost a decade, in most people's eyes, since Microsoft has produced anything remotely worthwhile. If anyone here thinks they'll ever make a comeback it's impossible, they've literally been warming the bench for so long that no one will ever even care if they get their shit together, the brand has zero trust behind it and should be retired asap.

what a fall from grace for the history books. 

Edited by Bodycount N

:lul:

The only blessing of them blowing it this past gen is that they realized they have another platform that's actually successful and went all in on it. 

Now, us we would kindly like them to start making awesome games again. 😊

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

it's one of the most bizarre turnarounds in the gaming industry, it's as if one of the big 3 just disappeared overnight.

I haven't considered Xbox as a 'real' platform for almost 5 years now. Soon It will be going on almost a decade, in most people's eyes, since Microsoft has produced anything remotely worthwhile.

what a fall from grace for the history books. 

It's a silent suicide. Suckies X is the last Xbox console, guaranteed.

i think what's most sad is how they get behind their yearly 'big' multiplat that they scrape out marketing rights for, like cyberpunk, or assasins creed last year, and just pretend it's an exclusive even though it's on PC and PlayStation, and they don't even have exclusive content for it or even a timed window.

it has to be one of the most pathetic business practices i could imagine in this industry, especially when this accompanies *0* first party games.

what a waste of space the Xbox is.

18 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i think what's most sad is how they get behind their yearly 'big' multiplat that they scrape out marketing rights for, like cyberpunk, or assasins creed last year, and just pretend it's an exclusive even though it's on PC and PlayStation, and they don't even have exclusive content for it or even a timed window.

it has to be one of the most pathetic business practices i could imagine in this industry, especially when this accompanies *0* first party games.

what a waste of space the Xbox is.

And those marketing deals most likely aren't cheap. Probably enough money to invest into a mid budget exclusive title instead.

Although that practices definitely work, one of my casual friend the other day thought Ass Creed Vanhalen was a Xbox exclusive. 

But then again, he bought Ghost of Tsushima instead. :lul: 

No.  I don't remember that. They didn't have Halo 3 the first year.  H3 came out the year when I decided to jump in, 2006.

They had Perfect Dark Zero. 

Remember when cows bragged about getting Virtual Fighter 5, back when devs were ignoring 360. 

Then a year later 360 got flooded with the best version.  

Virtual Fighter 5 Online,  the exclusive 360 version with online gameplay.  :glad:

Remember when Bioshock was exclusive on X

Remember when Mass Effect played like a legit WRPG,  when it was original and exclusive on X.

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

No.  I don't remember that. They didn't have Halo 3 the first year.  H3 came out the year when I decided to jump in, 2006.

They had Perfect Dark Zero. 

Remember when cows bragged about getting Virtual Fighter 5, back when devs were ignoring 360. 

Then a year later 360 got flooded with the best version.  

Virtual Fighter 5 Online,  the exclusive 360 version with online gameplay.  :glad:

Remember when Bioshock was exclusive on X

Remember when Mass Effect played like a legit WRPG,  when it was original and exclusive on X.

PD0 was awful. :D But whatever.

We played VF5 Online that one time, and I kick your butt with wolf. haha, dunno why I remember that.

Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect were legit some of the biggest games back then and MS had their hold on all three of them.

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PD0 was awful. :D But whatever.

We played VF5 Online that one time, and I kick your butt with wolf. haha, dunno why I remember that.

Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect were legit some of the biggest games back then and MS had their hold on all three of them.

Getting Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was also HUGE.

• Upvote 1