You Decide 2020: 9 games battle off for your vote!

Which sandbox game did it best?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which action-adventure game did it best?

• Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Saints Row IV
    • Crackdown
    • Sleeping Dogs
    • Watch Dogs
    • [Prototype]
    • Infamous
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Red Dead Redemption 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2020-12-25 at 10:00 PM

10 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I can't believe you are being serious here.  You don't need to spend hours into your weapon inventory unless you are slow.

Weapon customization and changes/upgrades are traits not exclusive to RPGs and does not make a game RPG for having.  There's more substantial weapon inventory in Saints Row IV, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Call of Duty, should those be referred to you as RPGs too.

CDPR says it's an action-adventure, it's an action-adventure.  Case closed.

Of course you can't because you have some absurd butt hurt over the RPG tag like RPGs are some higher level of gaming or something. Trade the environment for some shitty fake European village filled with needy peasants, guns for swords, and a Porsche 911 for a horse (if you are lucky) 

As for the guns, No they don't. I'm not talking about simply adding a scope or silencer. You can have a shoot out with a gang and each member of the gang can have the same gun and each gun can have completely different stats from each other. 

From stopping power, to elemental abilities, to bleeding abilities and such. And that's not including on weapon modes, adjusting your perks They were smart and gave them an easy way to identify with the DPS rating but if you actually go to full spec sheet comparisons. I have about 50 guns in the trunk of my car and rotate them regularly depending on the types of missions that I plan to take on. 

Is it a full stop RPG? nope. It's better since it took some of the most popular genres and blended it to this. It doesn't do open world as well as most open world games because it's not really that type of game. I've rarely seen anyone praise the AI for RPG npcs for a reason. Ya, you don't have to stand around like a fgt taking turns hitting each other. Thank God. 

What is with this nerd gate keeping? WB and CDP know the game has more appeal than an RPG would normally have and were smart to market it as an action adventure. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Of course you can't because you have some absurd butt hurt over the RPG tag like RPGs are some higher level of gaming or something. Trade the environment for some shitty fake European village filled with needy peasants, guns for swords, and a Porsche 911 for a horse (if you are lucky) 

As for the guns, No they don't. I'm not talking about simply adding a scope or silencer. You can have a shoot out with a gang and each member of the gang can have the same gun and each gun can have completely different stats from each other. 

From stopping power, to elemental abilities, to bleeding abilities and such. And that's not including on weapon modes, adjusting your perks They were smart and gave them an easy way to identify with the DPS rating but if you actually go to full spec sheet comparisons. I have about 50 guns in the trunk of my car and rotate them regularly depending on the types of missions that I plan to take on. 

Is it a full stop RPG? nope. It's better since it took some of the most popular genres and blended it to this. It doesn't do open world as well as most open world games because it's not really that type of game. I've rarely seen anyone praise the AI for RPG npcs for a reason. Ya, you don't have to stand around like a fgt taking turns hitting each other. Thank God. 

What is with this nerd gate keeping? WB and CDP know the game has more appeal than an RPG would normally have and were smart to market it as an action adventure. 

BugsBunnty.thumb.png.1e1fad0bbf3e990087757f30ecd40cf4.png

Don't get it twisted. I'm not butt hurt because CDPR is calling it an action-adventure.

It's YOU morons who can't deal with the game being called anything other than a RPG.

I posted that long ass gameplay trailer where they right off the bat call it a story driven role playing game. and then show gameplay and repeat that's a RPG with choice and consequences, combat with stat values etc.

All that stuff they showed is in the game today, do you think they called a RPG as a joke back then? and by keeping the RPG content but marketing it as an action-adventure to further lure in the normies makes the RPG elements suddenly non-RPG elements because of their definition?

Just stop the motherfucker, like I said, you are so stupid you would deny that super mario is a jump and run if nintendo says it's an adventure game. :|

5 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

you're just making up stuff now, let it go.

CDPR call it an action adventure now.

uh huh....... I posted this video before, right at the beginning at 20 seconds in they call it a story driven RPG. If you watch the whole video they show the gameplay and keep calling it a RPG.

The stuff they are showing is all in the final game. You are just retarded because you can't admit you are wrong even though literally everyone here tells you it is a RPG and even explain why.

:reg:   

Edited by kazpunk
  • NPC 1
1 hour ago, kazpunk said:

uh huh....... I posted this video before, right at the beginning at 20 seconds in they call it a story driven RPG. If you watch the whole video they show the gameplay and keep calling it a RPG.

The stuff they are showing is all in the final game. You are just retarded because you can't admit you are wrong even though literally everyone here tells you it is a RPG and even explain why.

:reg:   

Do you not know the difference between then and now retard?  :kaz:Holy shit you can't be this dumb.

• NPC 1
8 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Do you not know the difference between then and now retard?  :kaz:Holy shit you can't be this dumb.

Yeah, they called the chips splinters then and shards now. Better choice. The menu system is actually better in the old version. Yes it's not as cyberpunky as it is now, but seems cleaner. I just realized that I haven't read why you say why this isn't an RPG or what your rigid criteria is for one.