Thanks to Apple, 5g is taking off.

Best-selling-5G-phone-table.jpg

those numbers represent the 5g market share. Keep in mind, iPhones with 5g have been out for 1-2 months in total, LOL. 

thank goodness we have a company that has the capacity to bring this tech to millions :bow: 

The iPhone 12 series has also given a push to mmWave. The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro for the US are capable of mmWave support. As a result, the penetration of mmWave capable smartphones increased to 12% in October compared to 5% in September. The popularity of the iPhone 12 also means that there will be a large installed base of mmWave capable devices in the US. This is important because it gives operators an incentive to deploy mmWave infrastructure rapidly.

Edited by ghostz life matters

That's sales for the launch of the phone Ghostz..... lol

overall it's the number 7th on the 5G phone list. 

The iPhone 12 also entered the top 10 bestseller list of 5G devices for January-October 2020, attaining the seventh position. 

So that means there are 6 other phones that have sold more 5G devices this year. 

So as far as total 5G sales, 5G was doing pretty good before iPhone. 

Obviously 5G overall going to do better with iPhone now moving forward because all the current models of iPhones have 5G.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's sales for the launch of the phone Ghostz..... lol

overall it's the number 7th on the 5G phone list. 

The iPhone 12 also entered the top 10 bestseller list of 5G devices for January-October 2020, attaining the seventh position. 

So that means there are 6 other phones that have sold more 5G devices this year. 

So as far as total 5G sales, 5G was doing pretty good before iPhone. 

Obviously 5G overall going to do better with iPhone now moving forward because all the current models of iPhones have 5G.

The iPhone 12 was out for one week (and just the base model) in that time period. Lmfao. 

despite that

The iPhone 12 became the world’s best-selling 5Gsmartphone in October, despite preorders opening halfway through the month, says Counterpoint Research.

:kaz: 

now has 25% of the global 5g market share :bow: 

7 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

The iPhone 12 was out for one week (and just the base model) in that time period. Lmfao. 

despite that

The iPhone 12 became the world’s best-selling 5Gsmartphone in October, despite preorders opening halfway through the month, says Counterpoint Research.

:kaz: 

now has 25% of the global 5g market share :bow: 

Best selling smartphone 5G phone IN OCTOBER. 

Its the lauch month it would be the best. 

But to claim 5G wasn't doing good before IPhone is false. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Best selling smartphone 5G phone IN OCTOBER. 

Its the lauch month it would be the best. 

But to claim 5G wasn't doing good before IPhone is false. 

It wasn’t. It just got a boast of 25% (and that number equates for two weeks for just the base models, meaning no pro max or mini). It will be around 50% of a boost I bet next month. 

so no, it was doing just okay. Now it’s actually gaining some traction due to iPhones adopting it

6 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

It wasn’t. It just got a boast of 25% (and that number equates for two weeks for just the base models, meaning no pro max or mini). It will be around 50% of a boost I bet next month. 

so no, it was doing just okay. Now it’s actually gaining some traction due to iPhones adopting it

"The iPhone 12 also entered the top 10 bestseller list of 5G devices for January-October 2020, attaining the seventh position." 

IPhone 12 is overall #7 on the 5G phone list.... I think you're confused.  I'm not saying iPhone launch was a flop.... im sure it sold millions at launch.

What im saying is, it sold millions and yet still there were Six 5G phones that have sold more for the year (for obvious reasons). 

Which means 5G was doing great BEFORE iPhone.... but it will do BETTER with iPhone now because now both Android and iOS have 5G phones. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"The iPhone 12 also entered the top 10 bestseller list of 5G devices for January-October 2020, attaining the seventh position." 

IPhone 12 is overall #7 on the 5G phone list.... I think you're confused.  I'm not saying iPhone launch was a flop.... im sure it sold millions at launch.

What im saying is, it sold millions and yet still there were Six 5G phones that have sold more for the year (for obvious reasons). 

Which means 5G was doing great BEFORE iPhone.... but it will do BETTER with iPhone now because now both Android and iOS have 5G phones. 

The list is based on January through October. 

iPhones were out for a week in october

they will sell 51 million by 12/31, and it has now outsold every other phone this year by a large margin 

36 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

The list is based on January through October. 

iPhones were out for a week in october

they will sell 51 million by 12/31, and it has now outsold every other phone this year by a large margin 

Yes Ghostz from Jan to Oct , 5G was doing great even BEFORE iPhone.   That's my point 

27 minutes ago, Ike said:

5g is such a marketing scam. That coverage that gives you 5g speeds only covers a square block in certain cities. :tom:

I'm totally fine with my XR and see no need to upgrade any time soon. :scust2:

It’s actually pretty common in Pittsburgh (a small city) but I have it basically anywhere within a 20 mile radius