OPINION: CyberJunk 2020 Flopped because CD Defekt selfishly targeted PC, serves as a reminder to devs never to prioritize PC

And, when you DO prioritize PC, you're being ANTI-CONSUMER.

Especially now that PS5 is more powerful than every PC, there's no excuse to target PC as a base spec for your game, when PC's vary to such an extreme degree. For instance you have supercomputers, PS5-level PC specs, medium specs, low specs, and at the bottom, Lemij's Pentium 2 PC.

the smartest way to make a technically demanding  game is to 1) prioritize Playstation (market leader and highest specs) and 2) create a Switch-specific version with extra features and time added to development to offset the technical limitations of switch hardware. This would take care of 90% of the market.

then, if you have the time, 3) down-port to plethora of low-spec Xbox console variations  for an extra 10-15% marketshare, but this really isn't necessary since so few xbox owners buy retail games or even really care for games at all (They just rent on gamepass).

4) PC should then come last, it's a hazardous platform and has been known to sink development quality time and time again, Cyberjunk being a prime example. 

I'd like to ask CD Defekt: From now on, don't even bother developing for PC. The platform is losing support by the day, and really doesn't warrant the resources.

Tl;DR: PC as lead platform will sink any project and is a lost cause from the start

• Confused 2
3 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

If it was PC quality on consoles it would still have been a flop. Game has some major issues that aren’t fixable IMO. 

all are a result of CD Defekt's PC-first style of development.

Hopefully this opens their eyes and they are very careful with the Witcher 4, it should be a PlayStation 5 exclusive to maximize a closed ecosystem.

CD Defekt needs to never make another PC game again. that's the best option for them.

Ugh, I agree with Bodycunt. I said this a few times but they should have put priority on the console versions first. This is the the last big holiday for the ps4 and XB1 which have substantial userbases. 

The new consoles are launching and people want a new game to with their new consoles. They could have then spent the post release time working on the PC version to take advantage of the hardware. It's so fucking simple it's maddening. 

Yes, PC gamers would be whining their asses off because their PCs give them some sad amount of pride but it's better than what they got. 

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Their games sell the most on PC by a ridiculous margin, no.

Even if true, it would be the smarter way to go. They would barely lose any PC sales and this was the last ps4/Xbox1 holiday, so it wouldn't make sense vice versa, and releasing all versions didn't work, so what else is there? 

I know you're retarded but give me a break. 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Their games sell the most on PC by a ridiculous margin, no.

Cyberjunk maybe, but not Witcher 3

Witcher sold 43% on PC and 57% of its sales on consoles. 38% of sales were on PS4

PC only became the overall leading platform with a big spike with the Netflix release in 2019

Im 6 hours in on PC and have not experienced any bug except for a glitch in my movement and it lasted like 3 seconds. Im sure there is more to come.

Game should have been Xbox series , PS5 and PC only. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Im 6 hours in on PC and have not experienced any bug except for a glitch in my movement and it lasted like 3 seconds. Im sure there is more to come.

Game should have been Xbox series , PS5 and PC only. 

agreed

• Upvote 1

Though i havent seen anything groundbreaking in this game so far. I feel it should have worked on base consoles as well as any other big AAA game. But if they couldnt get it working, the should have scrapped it.

PC version is fine so far. Curious to as when ill get these crazy bugs tho 

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Though i havent seen anything groundbreaking in this game so far. I feel it should have worked on base consoles as well as any other big AAA game. But if they couldnt get it working, the should have scrapped it.

PC version is fine so far. Curious to as when ill get these crazy bugs tho 

Thats my thoughts

They should be hitting at least RDR2, Ghost if Tsushima, Spiderman, Ass Creed quality on last gen but they are nowhere near

There's no good excuse for them

• Upvote 1